Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share and express my impatience......I am a 10 minute drive from my office using local roads, so I rarely use the freeway that passes by the Fremont factory. But today, I had to stop by a friend's place in Fremont and caught TWO refresh Model S (none were Plaids) and dang, are they sexy! I could barely keep my eyes on the road because I kept staring at the sleekness of the car. I want my Model X sooooo bad......

Come on, Tesla!

I was surprised how bad carplay was in a rental recently. I thuoght I liked it but I really do not. It was a relatively new Kia. I found all the "must use the car to manipulate the phone" limitations pretty frustrating.
I had the same experience. CarPlay just felt Stone Age to me after getting used to Tesla.

5 and 7 are probably at the way back of the line right now. Sounds like they want to fill all the Plaids first? Usually they wouldve done plaids before any LR, but maybe they didnt have enough Plaid engines or they were going to fill S orders first.

Perhaps when they are done with plaids, and 6 seater LR and they still don't have benches they will offer upgrades to 5 and 6?

Reactions: Elixir
April 2021 MX 5 seater (white on white) here in Atlanta, GA. EDD says February. I'd definitely take a 6 seater. Has that option been offered to non-plaiders without an increase? Or is it, if you ever want your car, pay the extra type of game here?
I have a 5 seat order from March 2021 and I'm not sure if I really received the call or not. I got a VM at 10:30pm CDT on a Thursday night with a message to return the call. Unfortunately when trying to call back I got the "VM box is full" and a hang up. I've texted the number multiple times to "Zan" and have yet to get a response, so, not sure if that's what it was about or not. For me, I'd change to 6 seats if I could also change from 22" to 20" now that the 20's are black also.

I texted them back and the same rep called me back and said that it would be credited in the purchase agreement when the vin is assigned. I said that was fine but would feel more comfortable if he could text me the confirmation so I at least had something in writing and he said no problem. Still no text yet though.

Reactions: Elixir and Stro
I'm going to need some help from @Stro "The Professor," @usctrojan98 "The Data Visualizer" and anyone else with multiple degrees
on this one...

If "2 weeks" = 14 months AND "~2 years" = X... How many more times do I need to refresh my Tesla account to get my VIN?

Estimated answer: TBD​

Timing will update based on answer availability. We will reach out to schedule your answer soon.

Lots of variables can affect this but I think this recent poll on a Tesla Model Y forum is pretty interesting.

TLDR - There’s a poll of Y owners about if they use iOS or Android:
iOS: 1,143 responses
Android: 335 responses

If I was a betting man, it would be that it’s even more heavily skewed towards iOS on the higher end X and S.
Exactly. IMHO I think people who look at raw "Android" vs "iPhone" numbers are being too pedantic. Yes, Android handsets outnumber iPhones, but the reality is Apple plays in the premium space, and the majority of Android devices sold are probably not in that strata given all the buy-one-get-one-free plans, etc. I'm sure carriers have offered BOGO plans for certain iPhones, but not as pervasively as they have Android. The ads alone help make that case.

The genesis of this conversation (at least in this thread) was centered on who among refresh Model X owners (indeed all Tesla owners, I'd argue) use an Android-based mobile phone or an iPhone. Study after study show that the demographic served by iPhone is a little more affluent, and certainly more motivated to "spend" than those who buy and use Android-based phones. So, in my opinion, it's not a stretch to think someone who buys an expensive (face it, until the much ballyhooed $25K Tesla is released, all Teslas are expensive vs. ICE cars and a lot of the electrified competition) car would fit the same pattern. It's no mystery that most apps and services debut on iPhone first, then make their way (usually in short order) to Android devices. When Tesla recently refreshed the app we all know and love, they released the iPhone version *first*. I'm sure everyone here remembers the clamoring Android users shouting WTF!? BMW, and other brands do same (iPhone first, then the rest). Same is true for CarPlay vs Android Auto. If they're not included together, the odds are pretty good you'll see CarPlay first, then Android Auto follow.

So the sheer number of Android users isn't the entire story. Spending behavior is a huge factor.

But slavers were not simply scumbags. And master to an enslaved group of people is all encompassing, brutal, serial gang raping, serial murderous and savage all at the same time for generations to passed down generations. But yes, I may have mis-took your use of the word limited in these terms, when you actually meant in and around other contexts. My mistake.
No worries, and your 💯 correct!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I have a 5 seat order from March 2021 and I'm not sure if I really received the call or not. I got a VM at 10:30pm CDT on a Thursday night with a message to return the call. Unfortunately when trying to call back I got the "VM box is full" and a hang up. I've texted the number multiple times to "Zan" and have yet to get a response, so, not sure if that's what it was about or not. For me, I'd change to 6 seats if I could also change from 22" to 20" now that the 20's are black also.
i feel the same way. but someone earlier in this thread mentioned that you could change seats to 6 for free but if you make any other changes, pricing will go to current pricing. So i just left my wheels as 22s

D'oh! Fired off an opinion before reading this. Won't take it further... just wanted to put those thoughts out there 👍🏼🙈
No worries haha, I have done that too!

I just wanted to keep the MX waiting room focused on MX related topics :)

I made a thread in the Software/Features forum to discuss further :) The M3/MY/MS/CT friends can join in here as well.

Reactions: BryWay and lexus26
wow, the Est. Delivery for Plaid is now showing "May-June" against the delivery of LR which is "Jan 2023". :eek::eek:

A significant change in dates. seems that is the reason Plaids are getting delivered faster now.

View attachment 755021View attachment 755023
1642025997919.png

I believe that all this is simply Tesla delivering the cars that they can get 100% of the necessary parts to complete.

If they are missing parts for the 5 seaters, they simply cannot make and deliver them.
Now if that is the case, and I think it is, they should have told us. They should say we will not be able to make the 5/7 seat configuration until X month.

If my order was not at the lower pre-refresh price I’d cancel my order tomorrow. But since it is I might as well hang on and get the car delivered whenever that might be. I’ll either keep it or sell it for a profit. Just really really frustrated with Tesla at this point.

Now that it’s clear the model X plaid is the primary car being built, I might as well get on the list for Rivian R1S. We’ll see which one arrives first. Either way by that point Tesla will have opened up the supercharging network.

The S looks so sexy though. I’m more and more tempted to go that route assuming I can get one faster. I wish I lived in Colorado to be high all the time and not care about when the car will arrive. But nope. I live in a state where I have to shoot my guns to let the frustration out. It’s fun. But it doesn’t make me forget the fact I don’t have my X.