Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey 5 Seater Brethren, So I called the 510-964-6050 and spoke to a very nice woman from the delivery team.
I explained I need to have surgery on my shoulder and did not want to risk missing my delivery window. She looked up my RN and thanked me for my patience. She said I should be good to get the surgery at the end of the month with the expected 4-6 week recover time. While she does not know when the 5 seat configuration will begin production, as the production team keeps those details very close to the vest, she had heard the issue with the 5 seater was parts related to complete the build.

I shared the frustrations of us here on this thread, even the 6 seaters where 2020 orders are unfulfilled while orders only a few months old are being delivered. I said I which management would communicate better. she simply said... "Your preaching to the choir"

I thanked her for her time and ended the call.

So my take, we won't see our 5 seaters till Q2 or they will convert us all to 6 seaters. Who knows...
“the production team keeps those details very close to the vest”

No.Way. 🤯
Seriously though, CAN THE production team maybe, JUST MAYBE, open up a little? Seven words even? 🥺

And not “All Model X reservation holders, go *sugar* yourselves”

Yes, ”LIMITED”. From the dawn of the spoken word, it’s use throughout the ages, the amount of time scumbags were slavers and the word master was used as a noun was limited and was also used in various other contexts. There is no need to negate a word which is used in multiple facets of life simply because in one case it was horrific.
We should decry the use of master for one person owning an other person. But the English vernacular uses the word in many other terms.

didn’t mean to be triggering.
In my biz we have used master and slave for software driving hardware groups for decades. Software has driven out most of that hardware, so not sure what's the 'woke' status of that term nor do I care unless others are triggered. It serves its purpose for communication just fine. But slavers were not simply scumbags. And master to an enslaved group of people is all encompassing, brutal, serial gang raping, serial murderous and savage all at the same time for generations to passed down generations. But yes, I may have mis-took your use of the word limited in these terms, when you actually meant in and around other contexts. My mistake.

Reactions: IAMCCF
I got the Plaid 6 call, switch from 5 seat to 6, no charge to you, yet the account shows the increase, but according to the SA a credit will be issue, is that a similar experience to others? He also said I would have the car in weeks, not months.
believe so, i have email trail as proof if they don't do it. My email trail was with [email protected] in case you want to get an email trail as well. Order support said the best estimate of my delivery date is the site which says February for my car. My date on MVPA moved from 7/21 to 1/11/2022...

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Dometic. They specialize in coolers and fridges for boats and RVs.

The pics I included earlier (including them again here at full res) were taken in my 2019 MX P100D. I got the Dometic CFX3 35 powered cooler, and used the included DC cable to plug it into the DC port in the trunk area of my MX. Not only great for road trips, but great for keeping meats and dairy fresh when hitting multiple stores for food shopping. The fit was *absolutely* perfect with mere millimeters of clearance between the side bolstering of the seats and the sides of the fridge, and the height had the added benefit of being a middle armrest / surface for rear passengers.

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) the seats in the second row of the refreshed Model X Plaid (not sure about the LR) are fractionally wider than those in my previous MX. The seats themselves are a lot more comfortable, but the sides of the lower portion of the seat have a sort of dihedral to them, flaring outward (into that empty middle space) about half an inch more than the old seats in the previous gen MX. I've included some pics here so you can see the edge of those seats and the way the side bolsters flare a bit. Additionally -- the new rear entertainment / HVAC / cup holder assembly protrudes rearward about an inch further than it did in the previous gen MX (I keep telling everyone Tesla tweaked absolutely everything on the interior). People who have reviewed them online keep saying nothing in the center or rear seat area has changed, but they're just doing an at-a-glance review and don't have the perspective or experience of having lived with the original for three years. But I digress.

I dropped my existing Dometic fridge into the empty space between the center row seats on my new MX Plaid, and while it did fit with a little forcing, I have since decided against keeping it there for two reasons:

1.] It causes the side bolstering of the seats to bunch up a little, causing them to rub against the sides of the fridge when I power them forward for access to the third row, and I'm afraid I'm going to damage them over time.

2.] The fact the entertainment / HVAC / cup holder assembly juts rearward slightly more, and the cup holders have been lowered significantly (under the new display) vs. the old MX, the CFX3 35 fridge is just a little too long for the space now, so when the cup holders are deployed, the fridge handles interfere with the full articulation of the cup holders themselves.

Sooooo I'm stepping down a size. I'm going with the Dometic CFX3 25. It's about 5 inches shorter, which means cupholder action will work flawlessly now; is about 2 inches narrower, which means it'll clear the seats perfectly (as did the CFX3 35 in my 2019 MX P100D), and is about half an inch taller, which makes it an even better elbow rest / surface for rear passengers 👍🏼 I've just ordered and will let everyone know when it arrives. One nuance I should mention is that you must leave Sentry Mode *on* for the fridge to continue to receive power when you've locked the car -- for example when out and about running errands. I don't mind the extra power consumption -- have a big battery, so figured why not use it!

Again -- the first two pics are of the CFX3 35 in my 2019 MX P100D. The third and fourth pics are of the new seats in my MX Plaid. The third pic shows the curve of the side bolstering on the lower cushion. The cushion now flares outward into the empty center area, making the CFX3 35 a tighter fit than before.View attachment 754948View attachment 754949View attachment 754950View attachment 754951
This would be a great commercial for a 6 seater, who’d want anything else now, and that nice backpack would also add to a more special road trip, lol

wow, the Est. Delivery for Plaid is now showing "May-June" against the delivery of LR which is "Jan 2023". :eek::eek:

A significant change in dates. seems that is the reason Plaids are getting delivered faster now.

1642021661292.png
1642021670380.png

Seems like there are some severe logistics issues with shipping vehicles across the country so those local orders definitely get priority.
I begrudgingly bought that line as part of the quarter-end. Now, nope. Otherwise they might as well call themselves the California ONLY car company.

I've seen far more progress go into building Gigafactories in Austin and Berlin than with this X.

Are you saying Tesla didn't make that 7 seat Plaid X?
No, I’m just saying that nobody has been delivered a 7 seater. Are you kidding me?

You said “How do you explain the few refresh Plaids that were already delivered with 7 seats?”

Please show me where they actually delivered a 7 seater.

It’s pretty clear that’s a showcase model.

Don't want to disappoint you, but iPhone has plateaued at 45% of smartphones in the USA since 2018 - 55% do not have an iPhone...
Lots of variables can affect this but I think this recent poll on a Tesla Model Y forum is pretty interesting.

TLDR - There’s a poll of Y owners about if they use iOS or Android:
iOS: 1,143 responses
Android: 335 responses

If I was a betting man, it would be that it’s even more heavily skewed towards iOS on the higher end X and S.