Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly that happens about once a week. But I have a green button!

View attachment 757312

Once all the backorders are filled I will lock it down for prosperity :)

Also I really need to send a shoutout to @Stro who continues to push for and spread awareness!
I use the Model Y spreadsheet also... that one works really well. Each person can only change their own line.

If easy, it would be great to switch over to that system.

When I get my new X, I’ll be turning in my current X lease. However, and easy way to sell it for a profit? Looks like tesla has somehow prevented carmax from buying out a lease (still not sure how they can control who buys a car, but whatever). I’m assuming that with the current market, it’s worth more than I owe, but any way to do it without going to a bank, trying to get a loan, and then hoping someone buys it?

When I get my new X, I’ll be turning in my current X lease. However, and easy way to sell it for a profit? Looks like tesla has somehow prevented carmax from buying out a lease (still not sure how they can control who buys a car, but whatever). I’m assuming that with the current market, it’s worth more than I owe, but any way to do it without going to a bank, trying to get a loan, and then hoping someone buys it?
Get a loan now. Wait for the title to transfer. Then sell to Carmax or Carvana.
We just did that. Much easier option to make money.

Reactions: IAMCCF
My one year anniversary of agreeing to the $8k increase for the MX refresh is closing fast. 😪😢😭😠😡🤬
Haha same here. I know March is a placeholder, but if I don't get a VIN soon, (and in the past it has taken a few weeks to get to me) I'm kind of scared of an EOQ rush Model X... ), I kind of want a Q2 Model X I think... I've waited this long, right? What's another few months.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
This wait is frustrating. This Sunday will be a year since I ordered. EDD is showing March, SA says he sees my car is scheduled to leave the factory April 15. Every VIN that gets assigned with order dates after refresh announcement makes my blood boil.
Sunday is my one year date as well. My original EDD was March of last year. I NEEDED this car last year. Been a clown show of car jockeying for a year now and the one I was trying to trade in before it broke any further is just depreciating more and more. So frustrating. I feel you.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Does anyone know if we have to go through the Tesla score thing again to get FSD beta when you trade in your Tesla with FSD beta (already gone through the Tesla score requirements and assuming both the cards have FSD and under same tesla account)?
Yes, FSD Beta is exactly like FSD. It stays with the car. You’ll have to get a new score to use it on a new car.

• Informative
Reactions: Stro
Was the loan difficult to get and did it wind up costing you much? Did you have a quote from carmax or carvana ahead of time?
No don’t get a quote first. Wait until the title is close to being transferred to you so your quote doesn’t expire. Start the process now as it can take a while to transfer the title so you’re able to sell it to them.

It took us no time with our credit union. Costs us $500 in interest on a 1.79% loan.

We had a sign and drive lease. Ended up making 10k off of it by doing this. (VW)

No don’t get a quote first. Wait until the title is close to being transferred to you so your quote doesn’t expire. Start the process now as it can take a while to transfer the title so you’re able to sell it to them.

It took us no time with our credit union. Costs us $500 in interest on a 1.79% loan.

We had a sign and drive lease. Ended up making 10k off of it by doing this. (VW)
Always buy the lease out first IMO

If you keep it with the mfg, then carmax or carvana are charged a market rate on the car by the leasing company (some), rather than the residual value, which causes you to lose money.

Correct.

It's either the included AP (lane keep + adaptive cruise control) or the full FSD package for $12k/monthly subscription.

Those features you mentioned are only in the FSD package - but they may appear in the Enhanced Autopilot package was only offered for a very limited time in the past and I can't see them doing again.

Its still possible to get EAP um europe, it cost 3.800€ form model 3 and FSD cost 7.500€ the price is lower probably because of legislation we have access to less features.

Hey guys, I have FSD on my order but I’m on the fence. I don’t have a ton of interest in the actual FSD but I love enhanced autopilot on my current Model S, and I would love the summon, autopark, etc. assume there’s no way to get those without purchasing FSD?
Here in Europe you can order the MX with Enhanced Autopilot or go for the full FSD.

1642594419006.png