Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I need some help/guidance. I just joined a few days ago when I put my order in on 1/17/22. Put my entry in the tracking sheet and just been poking around the the forum. Been great reading up and learning. I got through all the registration and loan paperwork, including trade in and that was that. I randomly opened the app tonight and I have a VIN and a delivery date of 2/2-2/6. That can’t be accurate right? There is no way I ordered two days ago and It’s ready right? I had January 2023 as my date which I was prepared (and wanted to) wait the year just want to get the order in ahead of the FSD price increase . Thoughts?

I think it’s in my signature if I did it right, but in case it’s not…Model X LR, pearl white, 20 inc wheels, black interior, 6 seat, FSD.

Ok so I need some help/guidance. I just joined a few days ago when I put my order in on 1/17/22. Put my entry in the tracking sheet and just been poking around the the forum. Been great reading up and learning. I got through all the registration and loan paperwork, including trade in and that was that. I randomly opened the app tonight and I have a VIN and a delivery date of 2/2-2/6. That can’t be accurate right? There is no way I ordered two days ago and It’s ready right? I had January 2023 as my date which I was prepared (and wanted to) wait the year just want to get the order in ahead of the FSD price increase . Thoughts?

I think it’s in my signature if I did it right, but in case it’s not…Model X LR, pearl white, 20 inc wheels, black interior, 6 seat, FSD.
I think @Stro will agree that this is all within the norm at Tesla

Since my MX is most likely never gonna come as I’ve seen as late as June orders post an EDD today, I decided to go get me a new Scottish Terrier pup. Always wanted a wheaten one so managed to snag one that was local. It’s nice to have a dog again after losing ours a month ago. I’m sure she’ll love the MX when it arrives in 2024.

View attachment 757711

I’m terribly sorry for your loss. It’s heartbreaking - I never would’ve believed how much I’d miss our Buster.

That said - I’m also thrilled you have a new puppy in the house!

We lost Buster in June, and brought home Miss Daisy by end of July. Didn’t intend to jump back in so quickly, but the universe made it so. Daisy had just been born when Buster passed, and they’re first cousins. How could we say no?

Anyway - congrats again on your gorgeous Nessie. Hoping your new MX arrives soon; she’ll love the ride!

• Love
Reactions: Elixir and Stro
So while Elite Auto Films was putting on PPF and ceramic coating they noticed that the Model X Refresh's rear passenger door trim colors don't match, you can see that one side is black while the other side is white. I'm Worried other things I can't see, maybe more safety related were not inspected thoroughly
This honestly made me laugh so hard, the pictures, don't know why, sorry... Only Tesla could pull this one off.

Ok Ashton, come on out. I am definitely being punked. God wouldn’t be this cruel to me.

If not, congrats!!!! I’m so happy for you that I’m shedding tears.

I ended up getting my X LR a week ago! Rather than posting a bunch of pictures that everyone has already seen, I thought of posting two last things.

#1 - A list of the issues I had with mine and what you should look out for
a. Upper front right door - peeled paint
b. Front underside of car - scrape on paint
Top left
c. Driver side - falcon door doesn’t close (sensor problem?), doesn’t open all the way, panel gap driver door. Also impact the driver door not opening all the way.
d. Passenger side - windshield not aligned
e. Passenger interior dash - leather punctured
f. Driver Yoke - worm
(Scheduled the soonest service which was two weeks later… I also filled out an honest customer survey explaining how poorly communication is - hopefully we all tell Tesla this and they improve.

#2 - Two quotes and a clip that sum up with wait perfectly "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." -Andy Dufresne

“Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of *sugar* and came out clean on the other side.” - Ellis “Red” Redding

Waiting for me was like Shawshank Prison. Not like the movie, but actual prison. I wanted out. Waiting consumed me, and receiving the X was like escaping from prison.

Each of us will be Andy Dufresne eventually

*TMC - the communication here was exponentially better than Tesla. This forum gave me hope and for that, I’ll be forever greatful.

I love you all!

Shoot almost forgot - Tesla insurance is cheaper per month than my 8 year old $10k SUV. It’s under $60 per month! And if I reach a 100 score it continues to go lower and lower! Amazing!!!!

Last edited:

what he say? vin in 2 days? COME ON MAN @elonmusk WTF

I uhh…I got nothing. Not even a plaid order wowza.

Take the delivery now and be sure to buy some lottery tickets as well on your way to pick up the vehicle.

I ended up getting my X LR a week ago! Rather than posting a bunch of pictures that everyone has already seen, I thought of posting two last things.

Top left
c. Driver side - falcon door doesn’t close (sensor problem?), doesn’t open all the way, panel gap driver door. Also impact the driver door not opening all the way.
f. Driver Yoke - worm
(Scheduled the soonest service which was two weeks later… I also filled out an honest customer survey explaining how poorly communication is - hopefully we all tell Tesla this and they improve.

#2 - Two quotes and a clip that sum up with wait perfectly "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." -Andy Dufresne

“Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of *sugar* and came out clean on the other side.” - Ellis “Red” Redding

Waiting for me was like Shawshank Prison. Not like the movie, but actual prison. I wanted out. Waiting consumed me, and receiving the X was like escaping from prison.

*TMC - the communication here was exponentially better than Tesla. This forum gave me hope and for that, I’ll be forever greatful.

I love you all!
I cannot understand the QC issues. That, plus Insta-Delivery™️ for orders placed now. The world has officially gone mad.

Taking deep slow breaths…

Top left
f. Driver Yoke - worm

I love you all!

Shoot almost forgot - Tesla insurance is cheaper per month than my 8 year old $10k SUV. It’s under $60 per month! And if I reach a 100 score it continues to go lower and lower! Amazing!!!!
Took delivery 2 days ago and the FWD are not ready for prime time (despite being out for many years)…I did notice what looked like a sensor looking up today which I don’t remember hearing about before…love the X but the FWD are the weak point in my opinion…

Attachments

• B96A48A0-6B78-4F4A-BED3-4417E01794C5.jpeg
    B96A48A0-6B78-4F4A-BED3-4417E01794C5.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 103

In all seriousness, I double-dog-dare ya to post two screenshots. One of your order agreement date and one of delivery date with vin.
Then I’ll be filling up an intern position at Space-x, because with todays interns here on earth we are for sure doomed!

Thanks for the info. There are some inventory S I was considering given my X order moved to September EDD but if the S is too low to get in & out of then I won't enjoy it and will need to stick with waiting for my X.
I concur. I've got a 2016 X and have had many an S as a loaner. I'm 6'0' and have zero back issues, but I always feel like getting into out of an S is the most awkward thing in the world.