Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as someone who had the yoke, the part that was most annoying for me was no turn signal stalk. And when I had it the turn signal buttons were super sensitive. They have since adjusted through software and used AI to help. But for sure i wouldve preferred a turn stalk. This is not something easily rectifiable with aftermarket

I have been driving with the yoke for 4 weeks now. I was worried at first but got used to it within the first week or so. That said, I would still switch to a round wheel in a heartbeat. Nothing about the ergonomics feels "better" to me, though I'll admit that I don't have a prefresh S/X to compare binnacle visibility.

IMO, two things are worse as compared to Tesla's current round wheels used on the 3/Y: (1) no ability to let the wheel slide back through your hand at the end of a turn, and (2) ergonomics for clicking the scroll wheels. As to the first point, I've become accustomed to using the yoke...it's not a big deal. That said, I'd still prefer a round wheel. On the second point, the buttons are just a bit too far from the edge of the yoke to be comfortable/natural for me. I'm sure this is a matter of preference, and I expect that folks with above-average hand-size would prefer the dimensions of the yoke. I would imagine that a 6'4" NBA star with massive hands would feel right at home (and, similarly, they would feel like the buttons on the 3/Y wheel are too close to the rim).

The thing that worried me most when the refresh was announced was the turn signals, but I actually think I like them about the same as a traditional stalk (after developing the muscle memory to use them). This is definitely attributable to the programming, though. I haven't yet accidentally clicked a turn signal, save a few times early on when I hit the wrong one (but was still intending to activate a signal). The software to auto-cancel the signals also works well. My only beef here is that the buttons don't really work when the wheel is upside-down (or their sensitivity is even higher than normal). Hopefully that will improve over time.

I love the auto gear selection when you get in the car (though it is wrong maybe 3% of the time), but I very much dislike the "swipe-to-shift" functionality. Maybe this is due to my seating position--I have to shift my natural driving position slightly when reaching for the screen. If not a traditional stalk, I wish there were some method where I could shift gears without taking my hand away from the yoke--perhaps double click the right scroll wheel to change gears (if in D, change to R, and vice-versa), and triple-click to park. I think this could work since there is no overlap between speeds where you need cruise control/autopilot (above, say, 15mph) and speeds where you need to shift gears.

So I stopped by the dealer center to check out my MX Plaid and do a thorough inspection before I take delivery on Monday. I was relieved to see that all looks good. Body gaps are hardly noticeable, all usb ports were present, and overall everything seems to look great. There were only 2 tiny blemishes on the drivers side door and rear driver door both of which were already identified and circled by the dealer. I talked to my SA while I was in there and he assured me they would be taken care of before I take delivery on Monday since its going right from the dealer to the shop to get wrapped. I also noticed a little bit of condensation in the taillights but I've dealt with that on my current 2018 MX so that shouldn't be a big deal. I thought I would share some pics and if anyone notices anything else that I should bring to their attention, please advise.

View attachment 761066View attachment 761068View attachment 761069View attachment 761071View attachment 761072
Is this at Devon? If so we were checking out your car today while finalizing a delivery time for ours! Looks great!

So I stopped by the dealer center to check out my MX Plaid and do a thorough inspection before I take delivery on Monday. I was relieved to see that all looks good. Body gaps are hardly noticeable, all usb ports were present, and overall everything seems to look great. There were only 2 tiny blemishes on the drivers side door and rear driver door both of which were already identified and circled by the dealer. I talked to my SA while I was in there and he assured me they would be taken care of before I take delivery on Monday since its going right from the dealer to the shop to get wrapped. I also noticed a little bit of condensation in the taillights but I've dealt with that on my current 2018 MX so that shouldn't be a big deal. I thought I would share some pics and if anyone notices anything else that I should bring to their attention, please advise.

View attachment 761066View attachment 761068View attachment 761069View attachment 761071View attachment 761072
You mention condensation in your taillights. How did you fix that problem?

So I have question. Does anyone else’s car goes into deep sleep to the point that I can’t even turn on climate to heat up my car unless I go to it and open the door for it to wake up.

Also is it normal that when it wakes up it’s a black screen with the tesla logo for 10sec and then that goes away and then a white screen with the tesla logo comes up and finally it’s awake.

I even tried using the schedule to precondition for the morning. And it used to work but now it doesn’t even do anything.

So I have question. Does anyone else’s car goes into deep sleep to the point that I can’t even turn on climate to heat up my car unless I go to it and open the door for it to wake up.

Also is it normal that when it wakes up it’s a black screen with the tesla logo for 10sec and then that goes away and then a white screen with the tesla logo comes up and finally it’s awake.

I even tried using the schedule to precondition for the morning. And it used to work but now it doesn’t even do anything.
no idea but aren't there dedicated sections in the forum for issues with your X, Ex, hairlines, constipation and such?

For anyone concerned about credit application I left mine as cash until I had a pickup date then asked our service associate to switch the system to finance.. applied through my Tesla account in about 30 seconds and was approved within 30 minutes

Attachments

• E3722BB5-681A-4DC6-8A28-3C225A8D6513.png
    E3722BB5-681A-4DC6-8A28-3C225A8D6513.png
    325 KB · Views: 89

I think you should probably get a service appt. I would be worried if our Y did that.

LR dude... LR.
sorry I guess I'm not up on the latest Tesla calls (no pun intended lol).
So reading between the lines, if you have a Plaid reserved they are now offering a switch to LR 5 seaters. ? cool. also, *#$.

Last I knew it was "Hi, this is Tesla, you ordered some sort of Model X Plaid or something? Hey offhand, want to switch to 6 seat Plaid? No? Well we're canceling the 5 and 7 seater Plaid, so *sugar* you. Here's your 6 seater-it-is-the-best-insert-comment-about-supply-chain-and-goodbye"

😆

• Funny
Reactions: Yakkodot and focher