Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just dawned on me, how are these small companies testing the airbags on these things? It’s not like they have the budget to crash a $100k car for testing purposes…. Heck they probably don’t even own an s/x…. Probably borrowed or rented one in order to make these replacement wheels
They aren’t testing them. That’s the point. These are illegal steering wheels in the eyes of the NTSB. It’s like using non-UL light fixtures in your house. Sure they usually work. But if you house burns down from them the insurance company might give you some difficulties with covering it. Plus the fact that they might have burned down your house lol.

The liquor store doesn’t require stocking thousands types of liquor to run.🤖
I’ll also say that while they might have many different types of a type of liquor, they may not have stock of a particular brand. Tesla gets many of their parts from certain manufacturers. So you might be able to get Tito’s, but you can’t get the Grey Goose that you ordered and have the deal in place for.

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
I think I recall someone posting on here about thinking a part was missing from the receiver bag. If I recall it wasn’t a missing part but I can’t remember and this is how my bag showed up. Am I missing something?
8C72CB84-9384-4C19-B38D-10DDB730611A.jpeg

Reactions: DIL
Why would someone that has never experienced a yoke steering wheel get so bent out of shape.

If you buy a car with something you do not like, the aftermarket often offers a more acceptable alternative.

Lots of examples. Some change out their wheels for appearance or to get lighter weight, higher performance tires or more efficient/cheaper than stock tires. After market seats or seat covers, different shift knobs, different lighting, change or remove logos, custom floor mats, better brakes, stereo upgrades. Some apply aftermarket polishes, coatings and films, some change the colors or apply accents.

Transportation steering has come a long way. First people guided their horses with sticks, then with leader lines. Then when mounted used knee pressure to encourage them to change direction. Then installed reigns. Changed from horses to bikes with tillers or handlebars. Then cars steered with individual brakes, then with tillers, then with steering wheels. The yoke is the latest thing, but after than many will adapt to joystick steering and ultimately FSD with only the computer steering you to your selected destination.

They aren’t testing them. That’s the point. These are illegal steering wheels in the eyes of the NTSB. It’s like using non-UL light fixtures in your house. Sure they usually work. But if you house burns down from them the insurance company might give you some difficulties with covering it. Plus the fact that they might have burned down your house lol.
The Tsportline yoke replacement wheel uses your existing airbag. They also want you to (optionally) return your existing yoke (core exchange) to use to make their replacements.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
It's going to be the first thing I order after scheduling my wrap. The sad thing is that it may only be $600 but I'd gladly pay $2K to Tesla to have a regular steering wheel. I still think the yoke is going to cause accidents and the NHTSA will eventually force a recall. Yes I know a bunch of you are going thumbs down me :(
I think one day a full steering wheel will be available on Tesla store.

Reactions: sorka