Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think there is anything that looks like our starships with FWDs open. I dont think anyone can see our cars open like this and ever think its a Y. The rest of the time I'm happy for it to look more 'business-like' or nondescript. its a win-win.
Agreed.. In passing on the highway to anyone not really well versed in Tesla the S X Y and 3 all look very similar.. I’d be more concerned as an S owner with my car being indistinguishable from a 3 and Y than I am as an X owner

Reactions: studioloft
Moderator Note: Thread temporarily locked while I move politics out. TMC is not the place for political discussion. If you want to comment on something that happened on Twitter, I might suggest doing it.. on Twitter.

Edit - unlocked. I understand that people have strong opinions but you're not going to change someone's ideology in the Model X waiting room thread on the Tesla Motors Club forum. We have a rule that states no politics unrelated to EVs for a reason - it's polarizing and really harms the cooperative nature of an enthusiasts' forum. So thanks for getting back on topic and asking "where is my car?!"

Last edited:
Please

Attachments

• B4BE16C7-FF99-489C-97A0-49F7572310E3.png
    B4BE16C7-FF99-489C-97A0-49F7572310E3.png
    314.3 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Kitt9000 and Edtreo
I disagree. He can always become Chief Product Officer and let someone else handle the leadership part.
They said the same thing about Apple after Steve Jobs died. Hint: Apple continues to thrive.
Yes, Apple does continue to thrive -- for the time being. For the record, I own Apple stock. OTOH, when was the last time Apple set the world on its ear with a jaw dropping new product? It's been a while. Jobs was the creative force behind Apple. After his death, Cook has done an excellent job creating new and enhancing new revenue streams. But... where is a new iPhone, iPad, anything? Analysts love stable "mature" companies that provide incremental growth, which translates as no longer providing earth shaking innovation. For example, Apple has been playing around with making an EV for almost a decade. Where is it? Without Jobs, the old zing is somewhat missing. One of the companies where the zing is evident is Tesla that is working to develop robots straight from an Assimov sci fi novel, Artificial Intelligence that could be the savior or the doom of humanity, innovating space travel, on and on. You just don't see Apple doing that post Jobs.

Yes, Apple does continue to thrive -- for the time being. For the record, I own Apple stock. OTOH, when was the last time Apple set the world on its ear with a jaw dropping new product? It's been a while. Jobs was the creative force behind Apple. After his death, Cook has done an excellent job creating new and enhancing new revenue streams. But... where is a new iPhone, iPad, anything? Analysts love stable "mature" companies that provide incremental growth, which translates as no longer providing earth shaking innovation. For example, Apple has been playing around with making an EV for almost a decade. Where is it? Without Jobs, the old zing is somewhat missing. One of the companies where the zing is evident is Tesla that is working to develop robots straight from an Assimov sci fi novel, Artificial Intelligence that could be the savior or the doom of humanity, innovating space travel, on and on. You just don't see Apple doing that post Jobs.
Very well said.. IMO Tesla wouldn't be the same w/o Musk, as it shows what Apple is without Jobs

Why couldn’t he keep doing his job as chief product officer? He’s spread too thin across his companies right now. Let someone else fix teslas issues and he can focus on new products.
I've seen quite a few videos of him, his thought process is something on completely different level. I'm not sure if someone else can thinker like musk does, but maybe they can find his replacement to fix Tesla issues, who knows.

Yeah I would personally refuse a 2021 VIN in February 2022 myself. Losing a lot of model year value due to that (yes it does matter for resale).
All that sounds great but how would would refuse a delivery because of. 2021 VIN? Also, wouldn’t that out you back to the end of the line. I’m not sure what grounds you’d have to refuse delivery. Assuming of course the usual panel gaps are all perfect…?

I certainly don’t want a 2021 vin but after waiting almost 12 months I think we’re all gonna have to take what’s offered. I do agree that battery SOC could be dangerously low while it sits out there. Hopefully they have good logistics and fleet management tools to ID cars with low SOC so they can get topped up asap.

Reactions: Superman88