Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least now we have a fourth priority list and I’m in it! Wife is furious that I’m making jokes but what can we do? It’s out of our control.
I can just see it now... In an old guard booth in the back lot of Fremont, next to the rail delivery tracks... I am an intern, hired in the summer of 2018, manning the station (Elon keeps promising me a promotion soon...) In my spare time, I make apps to keep track of planes and sh-t, but I diverge from the main story....

Behind me on a beat up wall is a cork bulletin board with a bunch of yellow stickies pinned on it.

1st Priority list: Blah blah blah
12th Priority List: Bingo bingo bingo
Promised by July: HA HA HA
Absolutely promised by December: Ho Ho Ho
Several of the stickies are curled up and lying on the concrete floor... some below the desk, others are covered in dust in the corner.

Several, the ink is faded and we are no longer able to read the RN numbers. Also, many of the notes have been crossed out and put back with little side notes (6 seat 10/19, switched to Plaid - crossed out, Added FSD 12/1, Deleted FSD 12/3, Added FSD 12/5... Will accept ANY color... )

Finally, this afternoon, I am writing on a FRESH STICKY which I pin to the board. I am running out of space, so this one is overlapping 3 other stickies; written on it:

NEW 4th PRIORITY LIST:
RN1144194XX VIN assigned 7SAXCBE51NF3321XX Mistake on 2/2 - He was crying on the phone, told him he is on our Priority List....

Oh well, it's 5 O'clock somewhere and it's time for me to go home... Tomorrow, I am going to reorganize all of those stickies... My boss will be so proud of me!

Likely, the sales agent just didn’t like the frequent changes in the configuration and issues with the payment and, probably, seeming indecision of the buyer. I’m absolutely sure all September customers already received their 6 seaters. Only 5 and 7 seater orders still originate in 2020.
What payment issue did I have? Money was being transferred within an hour of receiving the VIN. Only config change I asked for was removing FSD. When they said no, I happily agreed to take it anyway. I wasn’t a pain in the ass whatsoever.

But you’re right. I doubt that was the real reason. Who knows. But humans make mistakes and it’s ok as long as you come clean and he did. And if true, the September person deserved it more than me. He/she has been waiting too long.

GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
Now would have been the perfect time to persuade them to adjust that FSD removal policy that they just made up…,

And to make matters worse, this is how they treat customers who are spending 100 - 150k lol… the arrogance of these a-holes is just really maddening. I really wish the charging infrastructure would catch up already… I think it’s going to take the government to step in and decide that they are really serious about EV adoption…. Not this BS horse and pony show they have going on just for headlines and photo ops.
100% they are so lucky they have no competition and the competition they have has to rely on a very unreliable EA network.

Reactions: JER85 and 1pinhigh
What payment issue did I have? Money was being transferred within an hour of receiving the VIN. Only config change I asked for was removing FSD. When they said no, I happily agreed to take it anyway. I wasn’t a pain in the ass whatsoever.

But you’re right. I doubt that was the real reason. Who knows. But humans make mistakes and it’s ok as long as you come clean and he did. And if true, the September person deserved it more than me. He/she has been waiting too long.
After this and other stories, I don’t plan on giving them any money or financing until the day before delivery.

Waiting on my 5 seater LR X since last January. Original plan was it was the replacement for my wife's RX, but she wanted to drive it for a month before she committed to it... if she didn't like it, I'd take it to replace my 2014 model S, and she'd get another RX. If she liked it, I'd sell my S and get either a 3, S or S Plaid. We both knew she'd love the X and the most likely plan was she'd get an X, and I'd see the reviews on the Plaid S when it comes out and probably order one.

I highly doubt they care... but we decided to send a message to Tesla. A year of being lied to and/or ignored and enough is enough. We decided the second car would not be a Tesla due to how piss poor Tesla has handled the model X rollout with us... a year from our initial 3 month order, and we still have no end in sight. This past weekend decided to pick up a Porsche Taycan Turbo S for my car.

We're on a wait a see as far as what to do with the X. I think in the back of our mind my wife and I realize odds are we aren't seeing the X any time soon. I would say July is the most likely if I had to guess, but October is much more likely than the Feb/March they have repeatedly told us (and not talking about just the EDD, we've been told by two humans at Tesla we will definitely get it in Q1). Wife still wants to hold out a bit more since we've been waiting this long and she really would like the X. But at some point you treat a customer bad enough, and they leave. The "it will be worth it once you get it" is crap. The most likely scenario I see is they burn through the 6 seater orders with zero regard for how long I've been in the queue. Then they will decide to officially cancel the 5 seater, and I'll be given the option to cancel the order or move to a 6 seater. So basically back to the same spot we were in October when they offered it to me, except this time it 6-9 months later, people who ordered significantly after me getting the car significantly before me, and I'm being forced to switch because they didn't have the foresight to be honest with reality. But that's Tesla. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and I'll get that 5 seater in mid March as promised. The annoying thing is it should be easy to tell right, simple question "Elon: does Tesla currently have in stock any 3 seat benches for the 5/7 seat model X, or are there any that have been manufactured by your supplier and are en route to Fremont for production in the next 4-6 weeks". By now that answer should be known internally. Communicate with your customers and be honest.

I've also referred 4 people officially to Tesla through there referral program, and told countless others about how much we loved the model S and the buying experience then. Thats gone. Anyone asks at this point, and we're still more than happy to share the experience but lets just say it won't be a recommendation/referral. It will be a "Tesla could give a rat's ass about their customers and are a poorly run company who came up with a good product".

So starts the journey to our endgame. Shame because it didn't have to be this way. It just amazes me the choices Tesla has made. I still hope they manage to get us our X, but at this point I really don't see it happening, but my wife is willing to give them one last shot.
Well said.

It might be worth to investigate this with another Tesla employee. The first thing to do is to find the order number currently associated with the VIN, and check its date.

Reactions: ironwill96
I can just see it now... In an old guard booth in the back lot of Fremont, next to the rail delivery tracks... I am an intern, hired in the summer of 2018, manning the station (Elon keeps promising me a promotion soon...) In my spare time, I make apps to keep track of planes and sh-t, but I diverge from the main story....

Behind me on a beat up wall is a cork bulletin board with a bunch of yellow stickies pinned on it.

1st Priority list: Blah blah blah
12th Priority List: Bingo bingo bingo
Promised by July: HA HA HA
Absolutely promised by December: Ho Ho Ho
Several of the stickies are curled up and lying on the concrete floor... some below the desk, others are covered in dust in the corner.

Several, the ink is faded and we are no longer able to read the RN numbers. Also, many of the notes have been crossed out and put back with little side notes (6 seat 10/19, switched to Plaid - crossed out, Added FSD 12/1, Deleted FSD 12/3, Added FSD 12/5... Will accept ANY color... )

Finally, this afternoon, I am writing on a FRESH STICKY which I pin to the board. I am running out of space, so this one is overlapping 3 other stickies; written on it:

NEW 4th PRIORITY LIST:
RN1144194XX VIN assigned 7SAXCBE51NF3321XX Mistake on 2/2 - He was crying on the phone, told him he is on our Priority List....

Oh well, it's 5 O'clock somewhere and it's time for me to go home... Tomorrow, I am going to reorganize all of those stickies... My boss will be so proud of me!
this is a very elaborate story. you seem………..how should i say this?…… retired?