Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if y’all want pics but here’s a few. The car is so reflective with the sun that it’s challenging to take exterior pics.

Service appointment is on 2/22 for the front bumper dent, paint scratches and you can see in the one pic I uploaded there’s paint chips, scratch and seal issues on the driver side FWD. that FWD also has some minor alignment issues.

Looking forward to getting it tinted on Tuesday!

FYI from all the paint scratches it seems like whoever took off the delivery wrapping must have had a ring 💍 on or used a dirty rag that had sand on it to wipe it down. The car wasn’t clean when we got it.

Definitely lots of fun to drive though. 🤩

2E57227E-7C77-4C03-A678-B4C124BDD3C9.jpeg
CEA6E8F8-EA50-4374-8807-FCB0AB4327FD.jpeg
3D37EC96-4D72-43DF-8167-A1B37731DFFC.jpeg
CFCFDC2A-B86B-4B2E-9670-88C2F489A099.jpeg
67073F4B-5ECB-41F3-8CA5-B0C4EB594059.jpeg
3F26C37D-2CD5-4970-9C80-39971622F0A4.jpeg
12B3FA96-268F-4861-903A-0B1026E3EA1E.jpeg
5E6B9ED6-C34F-41FF-B9B2-8C99C0043B68.jpeg
0FB55C6B-A87C-40FD-B44A-A7BB181CB619.jpeg

Not sure if y’all want pics but here’s a few. The car is so reflective with the sun that it’s challenging to take exterior pics.

Service appointment is on 2/22 for the front bumper dent, paint scratches and you can see in the one pic I uploaded there’s paint chips, scratch and seal issues on the driver side FWD. that FWD also has some minor alignment issues.

FYI from all the paint scratches it seems like whoever took off the delivery wrapping must have had a ring 💍 on or used a dirty rag that had sand on it to wipe it down. The car wasn’t clean when we got it.

View attachment 765289View attachment 765290View attachment 765291View attachment 765292View attachment 765293View attachment 765294View attachment 765296View attachment 765297View attachment 765298
Congrats! That’s frustrating that they treated the paint like that. It’s always extra apparent on a black car.

FYI from all the paint scratches it seems like whoever took off the delivery wrapping must have used a dirty rag that had sand on it to wipe it down.
Unfortunately, this is a standard practice in the U.S. to ruin new cars prior to delivery. I got totally scratched VW and Audi purchased in different states. But this is also a manufacturer's fault because the most scratched parts were made from soft plastic that shouldn't have been there at all.

View attachment 765289View attachment 765290View attachment 765291View attachment 765292View attachment 765293View attachment 765294View attachment 765296View attachment 765297View attachment 765298
She’s a beauty!

Regardless of scratches and other issues, you’d at least think that tesla could spring for a $150 detailing to be done to the $100k+ vehicle before delivering it. Or the SAs could just do it between making up stories about when our cars are going to be delivered.

Last edited:

Thanks for these photos. The backseat ones particularly helpful.

No yoke worm? That's a first from all of the pics and videos that I've seen.

As far as the trim and paint issues- ya'll, the fact that we keep accepting delivery of these cars is why this keeps happening. I don't understand how anyone would take delivery of a car in this condition. They'll absolutely keep doing this and not correct their processes so long they aren't getting rejections from these issues.

I believe they've solved that over the last month or two. The Model S that Sandy Munro tore apart doesn't have the worm. By the time we get our cars next year (lol) you'd think they would have solved it.
Actually Sandy's S DOES have the worm. You need to look really carefully- YouTube's compression filtered it out at some angles.

I believe they've solved that over the last month or two. The Model S that Sandy Munro tore apart doesn't have the worm. By the time we get our cars next year (lol) you'd think they would have solved it.
My friend’s X (picked up last month) doesn’t show yoke worm either.
I heard from an “insider” that Tesla is also going to install airbag horn on MX soon as well. Hope it’s done before most people here get VIN.

Regardless of scratches and other issues, you’d at least think that tesla could spring for a $150 detailing to be done to the $100k+ vehicle before delivering it. Or the SAs could just do it between making up stories about when our cars are going to be delivered.
The point is that their “detailing” is the cause of those scratches. When I purchased my last car, I explicitly asked them not to “wash” it. Unfortunately, they scratched the car by a dirty cloth inside and outside anyway…