Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, logged in this morning and EDD now says “March.” This order was placed in June, 2021
Same here...Ordered MX Plaid in July 21.... Account showed Oct 21, Nov 21, then Jan 22, then Mar 22. then Feb 3rd-Feb 22nd and now back to March. Someone in scheduling has their head in the wrong place. Glad we didn't order accessories yet. Also changed the price and adding registration fees when we already have plates and registration that we paid Tesla for the MS Plaid we sold! UHG!

Same here...Ordered MX Plaid in July 21.... Account showed Oct 21, Nov 21, then Jan 22, then Mar 22. then Feb 3rd-Feb 22nd and now back to March. Someone in scheduling has their head in the wrong place. Glad we didn't order accessories yet. Also changed the price and adding registration fees when we already have plates and registration that we paid Tesla for the MS Plaid we sold! UHG!
You'd think a "technology driven" company could have a better handle on deliveries? Throwing out random dates seems like they aren't even trying to use a SWAG, just putting a wet finger up...

MX LR EDD showing just April 2022. We are due in April as well and I was hoping to bring home my lil one in the new MX. Looks like that is most likely not going to happen 😞
We're in the same boat. Our MX LR EDD is also April 2022 from our Sept 9, 2021 order in SoCal. Baby due in May. We placed the order the day we found out we were pregnant. Would love to bring her home in the X but it seems like they're prioritizing Plaids now.

I've just shifted my expectation to getting delivery sometime in June or July.

We're in the same boat. Our MX LR EDD is also April 2022 from our Sept 9, 2021 order in SoCal. Baby due in May. We placed the order the day we found out we were pregnant. Would love to bring her home in the X but it seems like they're prioritizing Plaids now.

That's great! As a loyal Tesla fan, you shifted the delivery date of your baby to June or July... I did not realize that there is a way to put the baby on HOLD?... Also, put your doctor on notice - Tesla only gives you 3 days to take delivery - so be ready likewise for the baby!

Have you already installed your Wifi enabled Breast Feeding Pump? Is it next to your Tesla wall charger? Best to feed both after 10PM, as that is Off Peak pricing...

Perhaps you could arrange delivery of your baby right next to the X at the delivery center - while one of you is going through the pains of delivering the baby, the other can go through the Checklist on the car (both of these can be very painful...) - Both of you would be done about the same time... You can have the Tesla technician buff out a couple of smudges on the new car AND... kiss the baby too!!! It will be glorious, as you drive off in the car with the baby....

😁😁😁

the longer the wait, the more chance it might get 4680 cell and maybe other perks? chill! Tesla is doing their best lol
There's a 0.0% chance that the X gets 4680 cells any time soon. Even if Tesla does produce any measurable quantity, that would be at the Austin facility and be going directly into the Ys that will be produced there. I'm even suspicious that the Y will get them soon too.

Congrats, and same here. Ordered in June '21, baby due May '22. Would really like to pick up our newborn up in the new MXP

Not good. I'm wondering how much of this is because of them sitting around on Tesla's site for so long? I suspect that some have been sitting there for a lot longer than just a month. Not so concerned about it on the brake rotors, although until you try braking a bit to see if it clears off.
My car had a weird nasty smell every time using either AC or intake fresh air. After many visits the dealer found mold deep inside all the ventilation and they admitted that the new car was parked for months in the lot mixed with grass, gravel sand where had lot moisture built up because of the rain.

hello, been longtime lurker, reading since page 300 or so, just an update,maybe it might help the group,
ordered 9/18/21 RN 115681XXX, MXP black(ext)white(int) 6 seat, vinned (ENDING 3329XX) this morning 2/7/22, delivery scheduled 2/11/22 at burbank,CA
hopefully they keep the delivery appt,
Nice, thanks for the update -- same config as I ordered Keep us posted on the delivery, and if you encounter and problems! Congrats on the confirmed delivery date

Wow, have no reason to lie. I have not call once tesla, they have always called/ text me. With my model Y, with my solar and now model X. This call has been my only communication verbally with them so far.If your doubt/claim were true, my base cost would have updated to the current price. The guy clearly told me with this change, the price woukd remain the same. I was sharing with others here nor I need this. I know how it went and I have positivity my delivery date will stick. Thank you but I will no longer write on this blog.
So weird.
A Q3 MX LR (not plaid) order that for some reason got super super prioritized VIP style. Although everything has been quite the outlier, this is the outlier of outliers.

Reactions: ductordoc
MX Plaid ordered July 2021 RN1152XXXXX EDD February 11 - March 4 (I changed from LR last week without losing my place in line)
  • Tesla called me this morning to ask if I had a vehicle to trade in
  • the call center said "we will reach out with a VIN sometime in March" so I asked if I should ignore the Feb 11 window to which he said "it's more likely to be in March" - at least this is more truthful lol
Awesome to be able to do this. Stro and others have been successfully changing their orders too. Did you make this change to Plaid thru a service advisor to not lose your place in line? Or did you complete this online? I was told this cannot happen for me to change to Plaid. Have you *not* made a change to your order since order date? I did so maybe that counts against me?

Awesome to be able to do this. Stro and others have been successfully changing their orders too. Did you make this change to Plaid thru a service advisor to not lose your place in line? Or did you complete this online? I was told this cannot happen for me to change to Plaid. Have you *not* made a change to your order since order date? I did so maybe that counts against me?
I called the local SC and was transferred to the call center; @Stro called and asked about this as well - they told us you can go from LR --> Plaid or vice versa without losing your place in line (my RN stayed the same after I changed to Plaid). I never made a change to my order since last July so meybe that counts? not sure though, but try calling again to ask 888-518-3752

Reactions: Stro