Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a quick question regarding order date. I ordered a Silver MX plaid , 5 seater, 20” wheels on 12/31/21 Got a call Jan 18th about switching to a 6 seat and agreed to making the change.

My order agreement now shows an order date of 1/19/22. Is it possible the change pushed me back a bit more, or does it go off my reservation number? (Which I’m not sure if it changed since I didn’t really focus on it before)

Reservation number: RN11630 (northeast)
RN is static and what matters.

View attachment 765799
I wish Tesla would bring back the 6 seater with center council but make it removable so like you remove the piece of carpet and it latches in and you put another piece of carpet that fits around it for when you are using it.

- Add wireless changing in the armrest like MS
Council? Like a general council? Or maybe a Jedi Council?

Let's see which one comes first (both have EDD of March 2022). I'm concerned about the build quality of the MX. seen videos ranging from the normal gap issues all the way to rust. I expect to make the decision when the first one comes and I like/don't like it.
If you see rust on a Model X (or S) then you need to do a double-take. They are pretty much all aluminum, and those portions don’t rust.

• Funny
Reactions: John in LB
I have a quick question regarding order date. I ordered a Silver MX plaid , 5 seater, 20” wheels on 12/31/21 Got a call Jan 18th about switching to a 6 seat and agreed to making the change.

My order agreement now shows an order date of 1/19/22. Is it possible the change pushed me back a bit more, or does it go off my reservation number? (Which I’m not sure if it changed since I didn’t really focus on it before)

Reservation number: RN11630 (northeast)
Nothing will push you back by changing from 5 to 6 seaters. They aren't producing any 5 seaters for Plaid so it's technically impossible to get pushed back.

Nothing will push you back by changing from 5 to 6 seaters. They aren't producing any 5 seaters for Plaid so it's technically impossible to get pushed back.
Yea I meant push my order back in the sense of people who ordered the 6 seater before the Jan 19th. Just wanted to make sure my original date/reservation stayed in the same place in line. Which I’m reading is random anyways =\

Finally took delivery this am, and the car truly is amazing. Tapped the pedal and instantly over 60mph without breaking a sweat. I've owned many cars, but nothing has scared me like this. Truly remarkable experience.
Congrats!! I know wraps are great and all, but I surely do love how the blue looks purple in certain light. How's the ride and quiet at fwy speeds? How's the stereo compared to your 3? Didja get summer tires too?

Reactions: suyoungman and UCF3
Got engine failure on my almost new Audi Q7 today… Seems to be a sign to downgrade to a 6 seater instead of waiting for a 5 seater. Does this change preserve the original price? It’s less by $17,000 than the current price for me. With the downgrade, it would be less by $23,000.

I am slated to take delivery next week (Model X Plaid, White, 20 in. wheels in Chicago). I currently have a 2016 Model S and have a couple of questions. Does anyone have experience with both that can speak to range, especially during cold weather? I have found that I lose 30-40% of my range in the cold, but have heard the new versions are more efficient. Are you getting close to the rated range? Also, what is your rate of supercharging? I've always felt like my Model S charges much slower than the rates I hear from people with Model 3's and Y's.
Range has improved since 2016 in a number of ways. You probably have a 90 pack, and the 100 pack is just that much more energy storage. I had a 2016 S and ended up with a 2017 when the 2016 was written off due to an accident. Chemistry is also a factor as I think there's questions around the long term impacts of charging the 2016 packs. There have been changes to the motors around 2018 (Raven) that improved efficiency and durability. We've yet to fully understand the impact of the heat pump that is going into the refreshes, but supposedly it's more efficient than the resistive heating we've got in prior Model S/X. I've asked the same question about those with the refreshed S and X but haven't had any replies thus far. I'm having some issues with our Model Y and it's heat pump that is known and Tesla is supposedly investigating. Since we've not had the error message, but have experienced cool/cold cabin conditions this year as compared to last year, I'll bring it in for service later this spring. Efficiency seems to have dropped badly compared to last year and am wondering if the heat pump and gear is being overworked in the winter and whether something internally has failed.

The charging "miles per hour" is more reflective of the efficiency, but all of the vehicles will pull the same maximum rated kWh on L2 chargers. For mine it's around 11.5kWh, so while the Model S does something like 47km/h by the Y is something like 63km/h. Other variances may occur due to warming the pack since it might take a bit longer to optimize a larger pack, but the overall charge rate is unaffected on L2 chargers. Supercharging is something different and that's where your S charges slower.

Is it a six seater and a plaid? If so maybe yes. If it’s an LR and not six seats, guessing more like this summer assuming they ever start making any 5/7 seaters.

There are people with 2020 orders of LR without deliveries still so you are way back in the line if you have an LR order.
I have a six seater long range. I would have went with plaid had I known it would get delivered first.