Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my EDD finally changed back to March 2022. I called Tesla to get an update on my “re-VINning” and was told that within two weeks I should be rematched. I told him to write these numbers down:

3-13-45-49-54 24

And told him If he plays these numbers in two weeks, he will win the Powerball (lottery for those non-US folks). I think chances are equal between getting a new VIN and this dude winning this lottery. Check back in two weeks.
If he does win I bet he’ll get you on another “priority list”!

my EDD finally changed back to March 2022. I called Tesla to get an update on my “re-VINning” and was told that within two weeks I should be rematched. I told him to write these numbers down:

3-13-45-49-54 24

And told him If he plays these numbers in two weeks, he will win the Powerball (lottery for those non-US folks). I think chances are equal between getting a new VIN and this dude winning this lottery. Check back in two weeks.
They really like their 2-weeks

My car had a weird nasty smell every time using either AC or intake fresh air. After many visits the dealer found mold deep inside all the ventilation and they admitted that the new car was parked for months in the lot mixed with grass, gravel sand where had lot moisture built up because of the rain.
This could happen only if the A/C was used for a long (!) time, and then it wasn't used for a long time. The place of storage doesn't really matter. What were they doing with your car for a long time prior to delivery? Could it be that they sold you (and many others) a testing vehicle?

3-13-45-49-54 24

That’s so bitchy.

I love it. 😎

Just wanted to bring something new:

I would recommend that we break-in our new cars for the first few hundred miles - just like our old ICE cars.

Take it easy all around (acceleration, charging, etc...) to give parts the opportunity to get in their groove - there are still bearings, and lots of moving parts that need to get seated. I think this will help in the longevity of the car.
I mean you can do that if it makes you feel better or as force of habit…. But I can assure you it’s not necessary at all, and makes zero difference in an EV.

Reactions: Jons1234
You just gave half your winnings to your SA?! Does he also get to take half of the X? So, one gets the "V" and the other gets the "^".

Good God, I'm going to get shot for the bad jokes.
If he does win I bet he’ll get you on another “priority list”!
Maybe I should play these numbers now. That’d be my luck to miss out on a lotto which I guessed the right numbers on.

Just talked to someone at Tesla, I was trying to change my MX LR 7 seat order to 6 seat. I was expecting $3k price difference but was told at current MX LR price the price difference will be $10k and I might loose my spot. Anyone else able to get theirs changed by paying just $3k difference. I really like the 6 seat config now.
Any changes get repriced at the latest price and the order moves to the back of the line. Perhaps you might get an exception, but this seems to be the policy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ductordoc
Just talked to someone at Tesla, I was trying to change my MX LR 7 seat order to 6 seat. I was expecting $3k price difference but was told at current MX LR price the price difference will be $10k and I might loose my spot. Anyone else able to get theirs changed by paying just $3k difference. I really like the 6 seat config now.
Any chances get repriced at the latest price and the order moves to the back of the line. Perhaps you might get an exception, but this seems to be the policy.
I tried the same thing this last week speaking to my SA and to the local delivery center and a sales team and they all said the same thing. Unless Fremont calls and offers 5/7 seaters a switch to 6 seaters, they will re-price the order to current values and cant guarantee anything in line. Sucks but that is what it is and I would love to hear otherwise.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Any chances get repriced at the latest price and the order moves to the back of the line. Perhaps you might get an exception, but this seems to be the policy.
At this point, clearly there's no rhyme or reason to what happens with the queue. He could end up at the back of the line or he could be getting delivery next week. Tesla promises and assertions are meaningless - unless you piss them off.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
I don’t know how the thread elders do it..it’s hard not to chuckle a little at people who are impatient and ordered in Q4 2021 or even January and expect that Plaid asap while the elders have waited since 2020 and are working toward their 2nd orderversary!

I’m not even to my first year waiting so I know not to expect anything until this summer, or maybe never because I think I have Stro’s luck too.