Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just talked to someone at Tesla, I was trying to change my MX LR 7 seat order to 6 seat. I was expecting $3k price difference but was told at current MX LR price the price difference will be $10k and I might loose my spot. Anyone else able to get theirs changed by paying just $3k difference. I really like the 6 seat config now.
I got the call last October. Declined when I asked if he would put in writing to my email that if I pay the $3500, I will get delivery in Q4. He said he can't put it in writing. And also really want the 7 seater for extended family. So maybe they will pull a "Plaid" someday and convert all of us to 6 seats at nc? Hope they don't cancel 7 seats since that's my preference. Even for $0 upcharge to 6.

FYI RN1151750xx
Well, after all the steps were in place on my end with a planned delivery tomorrow afternoon, I got a terse email that said, in essence - YOU'RE NOT GETTING YOUR CAR TOMORROW - we don't know when, but will put down next Saturday. I'm leaving the country on Friday, so told them I'm available thru Thursday... What an unmitigated mess - they knew for days of an impending delay, why last minute? Is this the normal? I've purchased two previous Teslas and never encountered this... Please share if this is the norm... Thanks

Well, after all the steps were in place on my end with a planned delivery tomorrow afternoon, I got a terse email that said, in essence - YOU'RE NOT GETTING YOUR CAR TOMORROW - we don't know when, but will put down next Saturday. I'm leaving the country on Friday, so told them I'm available thru Thursday... What an unmitigated mess - they knew for days of an impending delay, why last minute? Is this the normal? I've purchased two previous Teslas and never encountered this... Please share if this is the norm... Thanks
Logistics right now are a complete crap shoot

Reactions: Elixir
my EDD finally changed back to March 2022. I called Tesla to get an update on my “re-VINning” and was told that within two weeks I should be rematched. I told him to write these numbers down:

3-13-45-49-54 24

Instructions unclear.

Per customer, will provide VIN in 3, 13, 45, 49, 54 or 24 weeks.

Thank you for choosing Tesla.

I expect we'll see the first yoke refresh w/ central horn any day now, even though it might not be enabled yet. Let us know how your yoke looks, such as if it has the worm, and if your airbag feels like it might be a horn (that's later enabled

just wondering if prior to the delivery schedule did you have title application, ODO reading disclosure, tesla e sign,all set up along with the MVPA

That's great! As a loyal Tesla fan, you shifted the delivery date of your baby to June or July... I did not realize that there is a way to put the baby on HOLD?... Also, put your doctor on notice - Tesla only gives you 3 days to take delivery - so be ready likewise for the baby!

Have you already installed your Wifi enabled Breast Feeding Pump? Is it next to your Tesla wall charger? Best to feed both after 10PM, as that is Off Peak pricing...

Perhaps you could arrange delivery of your baby right next to the X at the delivery center - while one of you is going through the pains of delivering the baby, the other can go through the Checklist on the car (both of these can be very painful...) - Both of you would be done about the same time... You can have the Tesla technician buff out a couple of smudges on the new car AND... kiss the baby too!!! It will be glorious, as you drive off in the car with the baby....

😁😁😁
😂😂😂 amazing

Can’t wait for the seven seaters to start flowing. Meanwhile I’m planning an exciting trip for the fam out to see the Redwoods and I intend to Turo a seven seater X for our time out there. I am so into Tesla I can’t stand the thought of renting a dumb old gas SUV.

Plan to fly into SFO and do some real road tripping up the coast and give the kids some memories!

This could happen only if the A/C was used for a long (!) time, and then it wasn't used for a long time. The place of storage doesn't really matter. What were they doing with your car for a long time prior to delivery? Could it be that they sold you (and many others) a testing vehicle?
My car was new , less than 50 miles when I bought it in April 2016 but it was 2015 model. I went with salesman to the lot where the car supposed to be but could not find it. Got call the next day to come back to see the car because that was the only color that my wife preferred. Two months later when we used the air and found that it had weird smell.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
I stopped by my local Tesla showroom today to ask how I can be put on the “short list” to be called to accept any car that gets passed over in my area. Every employee there gave me a baffled look of confusion, said they had no idea what I was talking about and no such list exists.

That brought up my second question: when a car became available in my area matching my exact configuration, why did Tesla pass over me, a March order, and call a guy who had a different configuration who ordered in August. The guy told me very bluntly, ”if he ordered in August then that means he paid more so the car goes to him first.” I asked him to elucidate that and he reiterated what he said - higher priced cars go first…even though its the same car.

There really is no point to this post. Just venting my frustration of their apathetic nonchalance towards my situation (and the situation of a number of folks here).

Got VIN # on 2/1 /22 Got text link to schedule delivery.on Saturday Feb. 5th. Took first available appointment Sunday Feb. 20th.....@ 1:30. Have my fingers crossed that all goes well until then 🙏🏽....All you moaners about Plaids getting delivered a lot sooner > mine took 8 months ! So stop the Pissing & moaning...Face facts..🤪....We have a new world order/ disorder going on & fortunate to even have our big boy toys delivered....😎

There's a 0.0% chance that the X gets 4680 cells any time soon. Even if Tesla does produce any measurable quantity, that would be at the Austin facility and be going directly into the Ys that will be produced there. I'm even suspicious that the Y will get them soon too.
S/X are behind the Y Austin, Y Berlin, Y china,3 Austin/Berlin/China, Semi, and Cybertruck in getting 4680's. There's a huge volume of a production mountain to hurdle in producing the 4680's, which obviously, they can't build to scale yet since Austins Y is the only one getting it. Besides our 18650's can go Plaid. So it's not like we're hurtin' here.

That video says that 9 and 3 is safer for airbags. I agree. One can hold their hands at 9 and 3 with the previous S/X wheel.

They also talk about how great it is on a track. I assume they mean a road course as it would SUCK on an autocross circuit where you have to make tight turns. I don't disagree but their point is stupid. This is a ROAD car and only a tiny number of people will track it and I would wager that fewer than 10 will make it a track-only car. These cars will be driven on the road and the yoke is not better than a wheel on a road, navigating parking lots, etc.

Bottom line is that the old wheel does everything the yoke does (allows 9 and 3 proper hand position) while removing the ability to have 2 hands on the wheel when doing tight turns. So in fact the yoke is LESS safe than the old wheel.
Randy Post did Nürburgring in a Plaid Model S with a Yoke. Let's say that's a nice track. In the video he never turned the wheel enough to have to move his hands.