Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't all the related info already there? Order date and config. It looks pretty clear that in general later orders are not being fulfilled first except for Plaid, so I wouldn't say they are prioritizing price completely over order date.

It does appear there is a higher chance of your order being filled if you have FSD, but if Plaid have a higher rate of FSD attached, it could just be biased from that.
I don’t disagree that plaid has taken over deliveries due to his high price and profit margins I’m interested in seeing once long range models begin to be made again with a higher priced orders be fulfilled first or will they keep the promised they made to the 2020 orders. Just a thought

I would love it if Chris did a video focusing on his challenge with his model X order along with the suffering of everyone on this thread. I mean serious in-depth coverage from the ordering process, to the inaccurate and unreliable information from Tesla staff, to the October 6 seat switch for a guaranteed December 2021 delivery….

But it might not be a good business decision if he relies on his YouTube revenue. Ben Sellins, Rich Rebuilds and even Know You Know (two of the biggest fan boys there are) are being taken to the woodshed by the stockholders and fan boys for the most recent videos focused on Teslas failures of customer service, parts availability and quality of build.

Whenever the day my MX shows up I’ll be definitely doing a video about this journey. But no sense in creating that video until the car shows up.
I did a similar video about the challenges around getting Tesla solar panels in powerwalls.
Tesla Solar: The Good The Bad & The Ugly Pt 1

Tesla Solar: The Good The Bad & The Ugly Pt 2

I would love it if Chris did a video focusing on his challenge with his model X order along with the suffering of everyone on this thread. I mean serious in-depth coverage from the ordering process, to the inaccurate and unreliable information from Tesla staff, to the October 6 seat switch for a guaranteed December 2021 delivery….

But it might not be a good business decision if he relies on his YouTube revenue. Ben Sellins, Rich Rebuilds and even Know You Know (two of the biggest fan boys there are) are being taken to the woodshed by the stockholders and fan boys for the most recent videos focused on Teslas failures of customer service, parts availability and quality of build.

Whenever the day my MX shows up I’ll be definitely doing a video about this journey. But no sense in creating that video until the car shows up.
I did a similar video about the challenges around getting Tesla solar panels in powerwalls.
Tesla Solar: The Good The Bad & The Ugly Pt 1

Tesla Solar: The Good The Bad & The Ugly Pt 2

I have a full time job so I do not rely on youtube revenue. My last video was about my heat pump experience (which has been nothing but positive, which I explained) but I still lost subscribers and got some negative comments because I started the video sharing the heat pump problems Tesla had and is still potentially having. It's fine. I don't need to lie or hide the truth to make some internet people like me.

@Stro, can we add a purchase price column to the spreadsheet? It would provide a clear view as to whether or not highest price LR & Plaids are only getting built and delivered.

Granted some may not want to put in their purchase price for privacy reasons and I respect that but it would to help the cause... I've mentioned my purchase price in other posts. $87K.

Data does not lie... We can't accuse Tesla of screwing over 2020 and early pre increase order holders unless we have the data to back it up IMHO.
Isn't the purchase price known if we have the order date and configuration?

Reactions: ductordoc
They didn’t go up per se’ they just got rid of the 5/7 seat option and so the base starting price includes the 6 seat upgrade

The base price increased $6500. 6 seat upgrade is a downgrade for most including me. I'd have paid $6500 just to keep a 5 or 7 seat option.

For anyone who wanted the 5 seat config, which has the most utility, the price increased $6500 in exchange for lost utility.

I have a full time job so I do not rely on youtube revenue. My last video was about my heat pump experience (which has been nothing but positive, which I explained) but I still lost subscribers and got some negative comments because I started the video sharing the heat pump problems Tesla had and is still potentially having. It's fine. I don't need to lie or hide the truth to make some internet people like me.

I just want to say thanks. I'm not a subscriber but I am a long time owner and fan of Tesla cars and have watched your videos. Thanks for keeping it real.

My kids now don’t like the 6 seater middle row on my X since I got the Y. They prefer the recline capabilities in the Y since the X has an unnatural constant L shape when tilted back.
@Stro, can we add a purchase price column to the spreadsheet? It would provide a clear view as to whether or not highest price LR & Plaids are only getting built and delivered.

Granted some may not want to put in their purchase price for privacy reasons and I respect that but it would to help the cause... I've mentioned my purchase price in other posts. $87K.

Data does not lie... We can't accuse Tesla of screwing over 2020 and early pre increase order holders unless we have the data to back it up IMHO.
Base price or with options?

The base price increased $6500. 6 seat upgrade is a downgrade for most including me. I'd have paid $6500 just to keep a 5 or 7 seat option.

For anyone who wanted the 5 seat config, which has the most utility, the price increased $6500 in exchange for lost utility.
Then unfortunately, you are not target audience for MX Plaid from Tesla's perspective, at least at current situation.

Last edited:
This is alarming on so many levels.

The fact that someone is willing to alter THE most critical user-interface to a 3rd party after-market model, of which is not approved or tested by Tesla OR the NHTSA is frightening.

Not only is this extremely dangerous to the driver but to others on the road that may be injured when this custom-mod fails.

Warranty - Try taking your Tesla into the service center. If your SC explicitly follows the warranty policy you have just voided the warranty for the life of the car.

Insurance - If your insurance company found out about this they would drop your policy.

Liability - If you're in an accident and the other party found the car had a wheel modification this could be enough to tip the at-fault scale.
Literally none of what you have said is true. You do know that many companies make steering wheels and continue to do so, and you can buy those steering wheels and install them in your car without authorization from anyone. It does not void your warranty thanks too the Magnuson-Moss act. Insurance will not drop you for installing a new steering wheel and you will have no more liability for a crash because you have properly installed an aftermarket steering wheel. Its not hard to do and takes 15 minutes with basic hand tools. I mean seriously, stop fear mongering.

I do not have an aftermarket steering wheel, just couldn't bear to hear one more person repeat this stuff.