Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance they will be replaceable? I know other car models that have updated lights that you can swap out on older model cars.

Better chance of the tail lights being plug and play. The headlights might be but it really depends on how the control interface works. If the headlight module control itself CANBUS then it should also just be plug and play if it's CANBUS before and after.

Trying to catch up on some details about deliveries as im not sure how accurate the spreadsheet is at this point. Are there any of you guys located in CA that have not yet recieved a VIN on there MXLR and have an original order date of 1/27/21 or earlier? Jsut checking to see if Im the last one here still twiddling my thumbs...
I am 5 seat MSM/Cream 20" ordered Nov 2020. Crickets so far.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
you along other 12,876 people who posted the same "pushed to April" WE GET IT, NO NEED FOR 23,677 POSTS OF 'PUSHED TO MAY'
it is a waiting room but when you go to a doctor you
don't see people getting up from their chairs screaming "I'm still waiting"
Did I offend you because I used my freedom of speech, awww, you're not even a moderator on this Forum and I can post whatever I want, oh by the way I was push to April

It’s hip to be Stro’ed as it’s the Tesla Way.

On a side note, congrats @niogyn !!

I did learn something this past weekend while insurance shopping again. My VIN is considered a Model X Performance by all insurers I spoke to. Weird but whatever. Lowest quote I got was for 715 for six months thru liberty mutual. Weird to be with someone that’s not military friendly.

It’s hip to be Stro’ed as it’s the Tesla Way.

On a side note, congrats @niogyn !!

I did learn something this past weekend while insurance shopping again. My VIN is considered a Model X Performance by all insurers I spoke to. Weird but whatever. Lowest quote I got was for 715 for six months thru liberty mutual. Weird to be with someone that’s not military friendly.
You ppl are lucky! Insurance in my old X was $350 a month lol. Sheesh I only got a reckless driving ticket for speed 😂🙄

BC as far as I know it doesn't require driver to hold the wheel. Also if I let Tesla do auto lane changes it constantly jumps in and out of lanes gets annoying had to turn it off and do manual blinkers to change lanes.
Re: holding wheel, touché. Except it is actually safer to be holding the wheel in a hypothetical situation where super cruise / autopilot can’t handle something.

Re: auto lane changes maybe. Did you try decreasing the aggressiveness?

I hope and anticipate that competitors like super cruise will get better and better. Likewise so will FSD. Especially if Tesla takes good advice such as increasing the wavelength spectrum viewed by the cameras to include infrared, and increases the driving ease for FSD by placing small side-viewing cameras in the side clear portion of the headlights.

Actually it has not gone anywhere, it does not appear Tesla has built a single 5 or 7 passenger X at all. I suspect a supply chain problem with the bench seat, but I am guessing. Tesla makes all their own bucket seats in house (which is quite unusual in the industry). Not sure if that is true of their bench seats.
Well then time to make bench seats in house. 😏

It looks like it is in a good state now :)
Let me know if you see anything unusual
It looks like someone broke it again and sorted the names column separate from the rest of the columns, and i'm not able to undo it this time.

The seats and order date column were also independently sorted by the looks of things. Is there any way to see who made those edits?

Last edited:
If their goal is to maximize revenue (which it ALWAYS is), why wouldn't they ship every Plaid they possibly can by EOQ, then switch to LRs? I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying I can see them doing it.
While I agree, based on the spreadsheet data, I suspect at the current rate they won't have many plaids to deliver at the end of the quarter. Almost 37% of plaids already have VINs assigned. If they want to make maximize sales they will have to pivot to shipping more LRs.