Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for later this week. Went in today to hand them a check for the down payment, they said the car was already in the building but couldnt be delivered until Wednesday because it was being "detailed."

Which I assume means a falcon wing door fell off and theyre duct taping it back on.
After “polishing” it with some dirty metal-grinding shop rags (that they promise!) they wiped clean on their pants.

And one of them has a screwdriver to scrape off bird poo. He’s going to spit on the bird poo to soften it up first. 😝(😖)

It seems that Tesla has increased the APR from 2.47% to 2.74%. Wow, first the prices and now the APR. Typical Tesla. With the delayed deliveries consumers now have to pay both the increased price with higher APR unless you get a good rate from outside. :oops:
are you surprised, rates will be raising across the board nationwide, but dont worry it'll be transitory

Trying to catch up on some details about deliveries as im not sure how accurate the spreadsheet is at this point. Are there any of you guys located in CA that have not yet recieved a VIN on there MXLR and have an original order date of 1/27/21 or earlier? Jsut checking to see if Im the last one here still twiddling my thumbs...
1/23/21 here. Watching others after me fly by as I grind my toothy smile.

Reactions: Vitaman
How did you get results in the end? Had to email someone else?
I used this email address provided by the rep - [email protected]. I'm due to have it delivered to my house tomorrow between 8a-10a. They didn't give me an option to pick it up at the nearest delivery center which is about an hour's drive away. I'm just wondering now if they have someone drive it from the delivery center, or if they truck it in to my house.

It’s hip to be Stro’ed as it’s the Tesla Way.

On a side note, congrats @niogyn !!

I did learn something this past weekend while insurance shopping again. My VIN is considered a Model X Performance by all insurers I spoke to. Weird but whatever. Lowest quote I got was for 715 for six months thru liberty mutual. Weird to be with someone that’s not military friendly.
You have USAA?

Reactions: gglockner
Well then time to make bench seats in house. 😏
They..do. All model X seats are made in house and have been for many years. The model X was the first model they moved seat production in house due to supply chain issues. Guy I know who works at tesla confirmed that hasn’t changed with the refresh as far as he knows and he’s in the design department.

I used this email address provided by the rep - [email protected]. I'm due to have it delivered to my house tomorrow between 8a-10a. They didn't give me an option to pick it up at the nearest delivery center which is about an hour's drive away. I'm just wondering now if they have someone drive it from the delivery center, or if they truck it in to my house.
Home delivery typically means they drive it to your house which is why I don’t want that at all. I’m sure the 25 year old interns take great care when driving your vehicle.

Home delivery typically means they drive it to your house which is why I don’t want that at all. I’m sure the 25 year old interns take great care when driving your vehicle.
Test the acceleration, braking, cornering, very important. Oh and TEST the paint abrasion resistance. Test it here, and here, and over here… 😝

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ironwill96
Bro, you use USAA and know that they are WAAY more expensive for you than any insurance company? 🧐✌🏻🤔

Is it like really REALLY good customer service? Even then I can’t see doing that…
Oh I didn’t choose them as they weren’t the lowest. However, USAA is the only bank I’ve had where humans answer the phone. They’ve never done me wrong other than charge a lot for insurance. At the same time, I don’t blame them as I live in the city that received 58” of rain during Hurricane Harvey.

So I had told Tesla I wouldn't be trading in my Model 3 as their system kept having issues receiving the pictures I was sending. They've now called 3 times asking about it and offering help. There must be huge demand for used Teslas. I am curious how much they'll offer compared to Carvana or Carmax.
They offered me 103k for my new model X LR. I will probably try to sell it outright when my plaid order looks like it will be delivered. They changed my Feb/March date to May again.