Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rx_for_assyria is there an income limit for the Illinois 4K rebate? I can't seem to find go info on the program. I wasn't previously concerned since the Model X was arriving before then. However, now it looks applicable.
Screenshot_20220216-125831_Chrome.jpg

No income limits.

From what I gathered, needs to be purchased in Illinois on or after July 1, 2022, new or used, apply for credit within 90 days of purchase, and the EV needs to be retained for at least 12 months.

Really hope people managed to avoid damaging their credit through this debacle
Let's be honest with ourselves here. Anyone that can afford a Tesla Model X shouldn't have issues with credit scores. Yes, it's a *@#$! annoyance that the X is delayed, but realistically, as others have pointed out, anyone ordering an X can afford to order a Rivian or a Benz. We are just patiently waiting for our X because we want it, and we think it is better than the alternatives.

Haha, yeah they got me on that one. For my MSP they also wanted me to submit credit app immediately and told them absolutely not until I see a VIN
The best way to avoid is to switch to cash and once you have a vin switch back to loan. Tesla rep explained this to me. Thought it was ideal. First solid information received to date.

Pre-refresh order moved to July too. Currently $19K below current order page same config so will wait this out as long as it takes. Going to force them to deliver it at any cost to them. Will not voluntarily cancel. I look at that $100 as an investment now, not a down payment for a vehicle.
Totally agree!!! I feel Tesla will have to significantly change the config or eliminate the model X in-order to cancel my order....

Reactions: golferguy
I have a Velar and my wife has a new Defender. Love the style, so not a fan of the glitchy entertainment system and electronics. My Velar was a lease for which I was to turn in after my hopeful Q1 MXLR delivery but that went to crap today.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore RRs. I would just never own one even a day out of warranty. ;)

C
I'm beginning to think that everyone who ordered before the price increases will just keep getting pushed out until we finally give up or Tesla cancels our orders.
Can they legally do that? I mean I am asking honestly. Didn’t we sign a virtual contract? I’m so confused. Feb 2021 order. Is there a chance they just can never deliver any model x to us?

Reactions: msjodilynn1
Are you a 5/7 seat order holder? Because a Plaid 6 seat order should not be following our LR trends.
I have experienced basically this same trend. (My order is a MXP, which switched from a 5-seat to a 6-seat configuration in January 2021 after a call from SA). My EDD began at June 2021. After falling back many times, in mid-January I received a range of Jan 28 - Feb 18. On January 27, it switched to March. Then April. Now July.

July😭

So depressing.

Perhaps, it means newer tail lights (like the rumored S), or flawless “ramped up” production units, or something else we can hang our hats on while we delusional-ly wait month after month.

Throw us a bone or two in the form of an additional $7,500 price hike or an exclusive first 10,000 models number badge (like XC90s), or something else that we can take pride in waiting for.

Vent, vent.

Can they legally do that? I mean I am asking honestly. Didn’t we sign a virtual contract? I’m so confused. Feb 2021 order. Is there a chance they just can never deliver any model x to us?
IANAL (I am not a lawyer), but I think that Tesla is not legally obligated to provide you with a car - at worst they are only obligated to refund your order fee. The order agreement I signed says: "Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee."

I read rumors about a shakeup over Model X quality - that Musk himself was angry due to the shoddy quality of his own Model X. If correct, that would explain why many orders - including 6-seat and Plaid - have been pushed to July: that Tesla is delivering vehicles that are partially built (as seen in the drone videos), and pausing to fix production going forward.

Of course, this is just wild speculation on my part ("spitballing").

At this point I am frustrated that my 7 seater is pushed to July ordered on 02/01/2021. My wife is completely pissed that I promised a new car last year and it is this delayed
I have few questions
1. Can I go to show room and ask to switch to 6 seater
2. If I switch will I get the car in next 1 or 2 months
3. What are the disadvantages of having 6 seater over 7 seater.

Reactions: lexus26
At this point I am frustrated that my 7 seater is pushed to July ordered on 02/01/2021. My wife is completely pissed that I promised a new car last year and it is this delayed
I have few questions
1. Can I go to show room and ask to switch to 6 seater
2. If I switch will I get the car in next 1 or 2 months
3. What are the disadvantages of having 6 seater over 7 seater.
1. Yes, or by calling Tesla sales.
2. Doubtful, based on reports in this thread.
3. Disadvantages are cost (especially since your order is likely to be repriced at the current price) and worse cargo capacity. Advantages are nicer seats for the middle row.

Reactions: cjkosh