Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after yet another July update I have finally decided my order my backup car, the Lucid Grand Touring. Only downside- it's not an SUV. But I can no longer ignore the 516 mile range that car offers while also being very luxurious. They offer free Electrify America charging for 3 years (granted it's not like early Tesla folks with unlimited supercharging). Dream Drive Pro (their version of FSD) for free. A fully refundable deposit of $1k (unlike Tesla), if needed. Their exterior & interior color options are not an any extra cost. Oh I have a dedicated agent whose already spoken to me at length and we've had 4 emails exchanged back and forth within a matter of literally minutes of me reaching out. Delivery guaranteed within Q2 2022. Not really Tesla's fault here, but we get the $7,500 federal tax credit (assuming Biden's 'Build Back Better' goes nowhere). Cost $139k vs Plaid $130k. Way more bang for your buck!

Didn’t everyone calling Fremont get told July? Maybe they were sick of all the phone calls and just decided to outrage everyone at the same time.
I’m still expecting we’ll see people get VINs before then and 150% after that as well. Being a preprice order holder from last January, I’m afraid I’ll be the latter.

Not really. I test drove X7 M50i, and it is a really nice vehicle (super quiet, smooth and spacious ). MX is good, but I would consider it if I am in urgent need of a vehicle.
Not EV, with subpar MPG
Lane keep is light-years behind basic autopilot.
No comparable smartphone control.
Non linear acceleration, no one pedal driving.
This is just a few.

Teslarati reporting some owners account pages are updated, now with delivery estimate February 15th-March 15th which would correlate with Musks comments that X would come a few weeks after S. My account has not updated but I also have a 7 seater which tend to be last in build.

Interestingly, last night I got a call from Tesla Lake Forest and they recommended to submit credit application no later than end of February. That would suggest a sooner launch though she wouldn’t come out and say it.

Really hope people managed to avoid damaging their credit through this debacle

Reactions: Elixir
Welp, I finally got bumped. After EDD was April '22 since my Sept '21 order date, I got bumped to July '22 💩

LR, No FSD, SoCal

IMG_57EC3E51D7BE-1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Same.
MXLR from April 2022 to July 2022. What a jump. I was looking forward to the incremental 1 month postponement.
At least I'll qualify for the Illinois 4K rebate that starts in July.
@rx_for_assyria is there an income limit for the Illinois 4K rebate? I can't seem to find go info on the program. I wasn't previously concerned since the Model X was arriving before then. However, now it looks applicable.

Just found out that my Model X long-range 5 seat delivery was pushed to July... This is BS !
Considering not a single 5-seat variation of the MX has been produced and many of us are waiting on 6-seaters with the same July "estimate", I wouldn't get my hopes up that even July is likely for your build. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5 seater is cancelled.