Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All these push backs are irritating especially when they try to reason with "Well there is a lot of demand for the X". Yeah I get that, but the demand for the vehicle shouldn't affect my order from January '21, it should affect January '22 orders. More people getting in line shouldn't affect the front of the line.
This makes the assumption there is only one line ... which with the usually painfully slow and then eye openingly fast turn around on some orders ... I kinda question if there actually is a line anymore, assuming there ever was one.

My Plaid X was delivered this morning after an 8 month wait. They drove it an hour to me from the delivery center. The woman was in a big hurry to leave. She said the car had none of the issues discussed on the forums such as panel gaps, paint issues, etc. She had me open my app and click accept. Was at my house no more than 2 1/2 minutes before leaving. I haven't even gotten inside the car and there's a five inch crack on the windshield. I immediately called her and asked her to return for the vehicle and she refused. She said, "I've done my job, it's something you'll have to take care of with the service center." I said, you haven't done your job. Your job was to inspect the vehicle and you failed to do that. What recourse do I have?

What would she have done if you took the 3 hours that I took to carefully inspect my P85D before accepting the order? Would she have driven it back? She's supposed to wait and give you as much time as you need to thoroughly inspect it. Best thing obviously at this point is to take a picture of it along with the current mileage all time stamped so that with the logs you can prove you never drove it at the time the crack was documented.

Reactions: gglockner
Part of me thinks this may be true! But what they don’t know is that I’ll sit on my pre-price hike order until that bi*** shows up!

The problem is the longer it goes on, the bigger chance that Tesla will make a major change and cancel the existing orders and allow you to order again without losing your place in line but at the higher price. They've done this multiple times throughout history and most recently with X orders placed before the refresh came out.

Mine went to July 2022. I'm beyond frustrated now. I have to seriously consider other options... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm actually not opposed to buying a model x inventory vehicle and flipping it in July, but I'd basically eat sales tax twice (at least) doing that.
In many locations, if you trade one vehicle towards another, you only pay the sales tax on the price difference. The catch is that you have to be satisfied with the trade-in value from Tesla - does not apply if you sell to anyone else.

Just got off the phone with service. They said it left the service center with no damage. They said it's a service issue now since I clicked accept, and no longer a delivery issue. I explained this car wouldn't even pass inspection in the State of Texas as safe to drive. Super annoying to spend $135k and to be in this position. Delivery personnel said they will no longer be taking my call, "we've done our job."

Just tell them to check the logs to prove you didn't drive it yet.

The problem is the longer it goes on, the bigger chance that Tesla will make a major change and cancel the existing orders and allow you to order again without losing your place in line but at the higher price. They've done this multiple times throughout history and most recently with X orders placed before the refresh came out.
I want a Model X but I’m not putting all my eggs in Tesla’s basket. I pre-ordered the Rivian today. If this X stoppage goes into 23’ things will get interesting.

Just got an email cancelling my 7 seater order. Stating they are no longer making that configuration, I can update to the 6 seater at the new pricing though!!! Wow, so down grade my configuration and pay 18k more? This is ridiculous, I get they are having issues but this is not how to handle them.

Order date 5/1/2021
Blue
Plaid
White interior
7 seater

This is the first I've heard of a 5/7 seat plaid being canceled rather than giving a free upgrade (which is really a downgrade for most). My 5 seat was converted to 6 seat but at the old pricing.

a performance Y is a good alternative if you don't need the 3 rows.
I actually would've considered it before... but we recently got a model 3 loaner when the S was in for the recall. My wife HATED it. I didn't love it either TBH, but I would've been fine with it for a few months. I'm sure the Y is better just because size, but my primary complaints were the lack of binnacle and air suspension which would be a problem either way.

Just got off the phone with service. They said it left the service center with no damage. They said it's a service issue now since I clicked accept, and no longer a delivery issue. I explained this car wouldn't even pass inspection in the State of Texas as safe to drive. Super annoying to spend $135k and to be in this position. Delivery personnel said they will no longer be taking my call, "we've done our job."

Any chance you have security cameras with her pulling up?

Reactions: ductordoc

And @Yakkodot, you may disagree with my post but apparently this is exactly what just happened to @Typester . Rather than being offered to upgrade to 6 seats for free, his order was canceled instead due to the 7 seat configuration no longer being offered.

Reactions: msjodilynn1