Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bumped up to July, 2022. That’s an order from October, 2020. This results in 22-month wait or even more. They just don’t understand what they’re doing. That’s why monopoly is evil.
A delay that long is SO wrong in SO many ways! Is there any other company, not even another car company, that is so mis-run and full of nothing but lies? Tesla is starting to make Enron look like a good investment!!!! 😄

• Disagree
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and retco
Do folks here know if I want to have someone else buy my MX, do I just have to swtich info on my Tesla account so they can go ahead and purchase? Or would they create their own account and I would need to do a transfer of some kind?
It’s easiest if you can just have them take over your account, but that won’t work if you have other reservations you want to keep. I think most people just have the person meet them at Tesla they day of delivery and they just sign the paperwork for the car that day. Still takes time to be able to transfer the car over to a different Tesla account though.

It’s easiest if you can just have them take over your account, but that won’t work if you have other reservations you want to keep. I think most people just have the person meet them at Tesla they day of delivery and they just sign the paperwork for the car that day. Still takes time to be able to transfer the car over to a different Tesla account though.
Got it. I was thinking that too. Yes, I can have the person take over the account; nothing else is there besides the MX.

And if they are in an another state, would they be have to pay tax in NY even though they are buying from NY?

So dumb question... my understanding is they use the same line for S and X, and at any given time they can only produce one or the other, but not both. Is this correct?

If so, any chance the pushout from April to July is simply that they haven't been producing the S for a while, and so while they have a backlog of the X, they are switching back to the S for a few months to crank out some of those (and maybe hoping at the same time the 3 seat bench comes around so they can do 5/7s)

Trying to catch up on some details about deliveries as im not sure how accurate the spreadsheet is at this point. Are there any of you guys located in CA that have not yet recieved a VIN on there MXLR and have an original order date of 1/27/21 or earlier? Jsut checking to see if Im the last one here still twiddling my thumbs...
Ordered 10/28/20 and still waiting. Now July …

To all - I'm OUT!!! Have had it - keeping my P3 with FSD Beta - Dumped orders on both Plaid S and X - given the quality upon delivery, the vibrations that don't go away, and the FSD Beta not close to full functionality... It is time to move-on... Good luck to all...

Definitely can't blame you. This is bordering on absurd at this point.... and all of the quality issues that people are encountering are seriously scaring me at this point.

Reactions: retco and Gurl3x4me
I feel like I’m not gonna get this car lol…. ☹️
0AECD659-A525-48F5-A6EA-B4092C8CF147.jpeg

Reactions: Yakkodot
There might be a reason why those Volvos are so available and their dealer salesperson was so nice and had so much time to go over everything, just a thought.
The reason is ignorance and active sabotage by Tesla fankids. Any time someone brings up a non-Tesla EV, the peanut gallery wails about charging, FSD, Tezla is the best, yadda, yadda.

I have driven Teslas longer than nearly everyone on Earth (there are ~1,000 people that can claim to have done it longer assuming they have continued from their Roadster purchase). I know of which I speak. I have driven a friend's MY a number of times. I can tell you that aside from the range, the XC40 is every bit the match or even better car than a MY. It is much better made, the interior is better, it has creature comforts that make it better as a car than a Tesla. I also believe that if I were to own this car long-term, that battery degredation will be less because the legacy manufacturers hide more of the top and bottom end of the battery which decreases stress on the pack (of course, at the cost of range).

If range is the end all and be all for you, then yes, Tesla has no equal (oh wait, sorry, Lucid is better). But I only need a City car to take my kids back and forth to school and their activities as well as run errands - the XC40 is working fine. I do want 6 seats as my kids want to take friends with them so I still plan to get an MX, but everyone thinking that Tesla has am impenetrable moat is a fool. The charging gap will close (either through competition or Tesla opening up the SC network) and FSD is dodgy at best (I have continuous phantom breaking issues using AP or cruise control). Both Lucid and Porsche have shown that they can make high performance EVs and as they get more experience they will get better. You sound like the US manufacturers in the 1970's before the Japanese came in and ate their lunch.

Lastly, I am not a hater nor a troll. I am sad that Tesla customer service and QA have fallen this far. It is a very different company post M3. I also believe that the only way Tesla will fix the problems that we are all experiencing in this thread is when their order books are empty and people are buying EVs from other manufacturers. Finally, the more EVs in the world the better. Tesla cannot build them all.