Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all - I'm OUT!!! Have had it - keeping my P3 with FSD Beta - Dumped orders on both Plaid S and X - given the quality upon delivery, the vibrations that don't go away, and the FSD Beta not close to full functionality... It is time to move-on... Good luck to all...
I’m close myself. Mostly due to quality (it’s absurdly poor).

All cosmetic fixes, we have all seen quite a few major rejects .....personal call.
The bar with Tesla customers is so low. I don’t understand. Yeah the tech is cool, but no other car manufacturer would deliver a car in this state, even at 1/4 this price point. They would be too embarrassed and concerned about their reputation.

And the work begins.. brakes already done in yellow but you can barely see from this angle
I would love to see the final product on this. Every where I looked they said wrapping a white Tesla isn’t a good idea because of all the panel gaps. It will let the white show through. I really want to wrap my white Model X whenever I get it with stek dyno gray or purple coloured PPF.

Reactions: lexus26
To all - I'm OUT!!! Have had it - keeping my P3 with FSD Beta - Dumped orders on both Plaid S and X - given the quality upon delivery, the vibrations that don't go away, and the FSD Beta not close to full functionality... It is time to move-on... Good luck to all...
Seems like all in CA need to follow your suite. Talk to BMX for iX. I guess Tesla does want to shake off a lot of us who have been waiting patiently over a year. They want people to cancel their orders in order to cover up the fault in not being able to fulfil the orders in time.

That is correct. All Teslas begin with 5YJ or 7SA, the global codes for Tesla. N=2022 F=Fremont, last 6 being the serial number.

See Tesla VIN decoder. for details
Not quite. Starting in 2022 (nov 2021) Tesla switched the Y and X to start with 7SA instead of the old 5YJ. The S and 3 stayed with the 5YJ. The N is 2022, that’s correct. But the easiest way to see a 2022 X is to see the first three characters: 7SA

If range is the end all and be all for you, then yes, Tesla has no equal (oh wait, sorry, Lucid is better). But I only need a City car to take my kids back and forth to school and their activities as well as run errands - the XC40 is working fine. I do want 6 seats as my kids want to take friends with them so I still plan to get an MX, but everyone thinking that Tesla has am impenetrable moat is a fool. The charging gap will close (either through competition or Tesla opening up the SC network) and FSD is dodgy at best (I have continuous phantom breaking issues using AP or cruise control).

The charging gap might close one day but currently it's not only widening but accelerating.

Surely you’re joking.
I wasn't, and I was typing on mobile so excuse the typos.

I agree with your point that it is more efficient to run large batches through a large assembly line, rather than switching components. So, understanding that S/X are produced on the same line, it would be more efficient to produce larger batches. But my guess is that the S/X line is not running at full capacity due to parts shortages.

I wasn't, and I was typing on mobile so excuse the typos.

I agree with your point that it is more efficient to run large batches through a large assembly line, rather than switching components. So, understanding that S/X are produced on the same line, it would be more efficient to produce larger batches. But my guess is that the S/X line is not running at full capacity due to parts shortages.
Oh they are for sure not at full capacity yet- but if quality is any indicator, they are still making the X as quickly as they're currently able to.

My favorite installer in the Bay Area quoted me $1595 full front for the refresh X. Basically bumper, front fenders, hood, and side mirrors. Edges fully wrapped. Door edges included. Doesn't include A pillars or windshield. My price is a discount for being a repeat customer.

He's done both Xpel Ultimate Plus and Suntek Ultra for me.

Opps. Forgot it also includes headlights and fogs.

I’m close myself. Mostly due to quality (it’s absurdly poor).
The waiting sucks. We all agree with that. I can desensitize myself to the delay. Heck, just about everything is back logged today. However, the persistent quality issues have me concerned. If anything drives me away from this purchase, it will be an unwillingness to improve the quality control. After waiting patiently this long, the thought of having a piece of garbage dumped in my driveway has me wavering. I'm really hoping (like everyone else) to see a lot of "perfect" deliveries soon.