Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you delay you might get new headlights depending on how long you delay. If you delay long enough, you might get the new battery.

If you delay at all, you for sure won’t get radar and 90 MPH AP.
I already have a plaid scheduled for delivery next week with a build date of 2/10 so it has radar. So I'm wondering if its worth having the car now without the new headlights/taillights or waiting. I guess having radar is a perk. Compromise i guess

So this was posted 5 days ago. It really makes you wonder when the changes were actually implemented. I hope feb 14th as that would give me a chance to have them lol
5C106CA8-FDFF-4F84-A16D-CE5F63C9D98F.png

It is basically you and @DelPhonic1 that don't have your cars yet.
And everyone in Europe, we're still here.

I reverted back to lurking, but am popping up to give a sense of the situation here. I ordered in February 2021, and know of three more orders in my neighbourhood. We all got the 'somewhere in the second half of 2022', but we've also had SAs tell us that it might just as well be 2023 of cancelled. Nobody knows what to expect at this point.

I mean, sorry if i get your hopes up, but if you look at Feb '21 and earlier 6 seat orders in CA from the spread sheet, there are a lot of people without deliveries, but as far as I can tell most of them there is no one with a matching username on this forum (all the red names), or they don't post at all, so i am suspicious that these people just never bothered coming back to fill in their status. It is basically you and @DelPhonic1 that don't have your cars yet. Might want to poke your SA.

Edit: i realize after that my technique of searching the forum for user name doesn't actually show anything unless apparently someone quotes or @'s them, so i'll do this again looking for actual user names.

Edit 2: I updated the graphic after spelunking the forum. Several users had deliveries and never updated the sheet so i filled in their info. Red names are ones that don't have a forum username, or haven't posted recently. Purple names are the ones that are active and haven't taken delivery.

View attachment 773285
Hey, I am purple on that list! Thank you for updating. I don’t have a VIN and EDD is July. Didn’t realize a bunch of people on that list got it delivered. Does that mean mine is coming soon? LOL I gave up already and about to put in my order for BMW X5 45e tomorrow.

Whatever technology you buy is the best at that moment. There will always be something better soon, and you can go crazy if you worry that you’re missing out on some new feature that was introduced shortly after your purchase. If that feature is absolutely essential to you, then upgrade. Otherwise, enjoy the purchase and remember that the next time you upgrade, things will be even better.

This goes for any tech purchase, including a Tesla.

Finally decided to create an account after lurking on this forum for 8 months.
My EDD is pushed back to July from March.

Order date - Nov 2020
Was matched with a 2020 model on Dec 2020 and declined since I wanted the new model.
Long Range 22 inch 7 seater. White on white.

The wait is ridiculous.
If only you could go back and time and take that December 2020 X then trade it in for the refresh one once your order came through.

And everyone in Europe, we're still here.

I reverted back to lurking, but am popping up to give a sense of the situation here. I ordered in February 2021, and know of three more orders in my neighbourhood. We all got the 'somewhere in the second half of 2022', but we've also had SAs tell us that it might just as well be 2023 of cancelled. Nobody knows what to expect at this point.
Sorry man.... Whether in the US or abroad Tesla needs better communication with its customers. Good luck.

Reactions: DelPhonic1 and lsds
Whatever technology you buy is the best at that moment. There will always be something better soon, and you can go crazy if you worry that you’re missing out on some new feature that was introduced shortly after your purchase. If that feature is absolutely essential to you, then upgrade. Otherwise, enjoy the purchase and remember that the next time you upgrade, things will be even better.

This goes for any tech purchase, including a Tesla.
I've been waiting so long I don't care what new lights ect are coming, just give me what ya got Tesla and let me move on to more important things.

Finally decided to create an account after lurking on this forum for 8 months.
My EDD is pushed back to July from March.

Order date - Nov 2020
Was matched with a 2020 model on Dec 2020 and declined since I wanted the new model.
Long Range 22 inch 7 seater. White on white.

The wait is ridiculous.
Imagine if you had taken the 2020... drive it all year then ordered a refresh MX Plaid Jan with a March delivery &sold the 2020 for $150K+ and made out like a bandit!

Reactions: ironwill96