Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few shots just coming out of the ceramic coating shop….

Attachments

• 2A1F65CA-370E-4A28-9E94-3EF09D3EA5D4.jpeg
    2A1F65CA-370E-4A28-9E94-3EF09D3EA5D4.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 118
  • AFB21852-1127-4669-9AC7-0DAFA08B657E.jpeg
    AFB21852-1127-4669-9AC7-0DAFA08B657E.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 86
  • C4D1745C-402B-4E77-AEA6-F105BED33DC9.jpeg
    C4D1745C-402B-4E77-AEA6-F105BED33DC9.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 84
I'm a VINner!! 😂 7SAXCBE59NF3351XX, MXLR Blue/Cream/20"/no FSD ordered 3/28/21. MVPA says the car has 15 miles on it. Delivery will be at Devon, PA, unless the Mechanicsburg, PA SC gets permission to do deliveries (much closer for me). EDD went from July 2022 to March 7-31, then back to July 2022, then March 15-31 yesterday, and today a VIN. EDD now March 17-20. I've updated the spreadsheet.
Congrats. I pick mine up this Saturday at the Devon SC. I was hoping Mechanicsburg would be doing deliveries by now. I called them last Friday and they told me most likely not till April. Still waiting on State documents. Annoying but at least they can do service appointments.

Yeah…. Total speculation, but every time someone says that Rivian should have broken up the price increase into multiple smaller amounts, I think: What if this IS the smaller amount?

If their initial pricing was $20k off for the quad motor, then yeah, break it into 2 x 10k bumps or more… but if you’re $30k+ off cost, then an initial $20k bump (and not honoring initial pricing) makes more sense.

Hopefully, they can find a way to ramp to a lower COGS quickly, or we may see extended wait times for the 7-seat Model X continue indefinitely.
My Rivian order jumped up to $88K. In par with my Tesla order. I am concerned about more increases but I have seen many people claim they were canceling their orders due to the increase. I will hold off until I see which car comes first. Then the build quality and customer support will decide if i keep it. If I choose to keep it then the other will be canceled. Of course the Rivian has a 100% full deposit refund which is nice.

I picked the MX 5 seater and Rivian 5 seat as they were cheapest options. I can live with the 7 seat Rivian as I have a 7 seat Ford Explorer Limited ICE car. I have a JULY EDD but like many of my 2020 order compatriots I don't have faith in the EDD anymore. I'd rather they give us a broad plan of 5 seat configuration and then the 7 seat configuration.

My Rivian order jumped up to $88K. In par with my Tesla order. I am concerned about more increases but I have seen many people claim they were canceling their orders due to the increase. I will hold off until I see which car comes first. Then the build quality and customer support will decide if i keep it. If I choose to keep it then the other will be canceled. Of course the Rivian has a 100% full deposit refund which is nice.

I picked the MX 5 seater and Rivian 5 seat as they were cheapest options. I can live with the 7 seat Rivian as I have a 7 seat Ford Explorer Limited ICE car. I have a JULY EDD but like many of my 2020 order compatriots I don't have faith in the EDD anymore. I'd rather they give us a broad plan of 5 seat configuration and then the 7 seat configuration.
Rivian has 7,500 tax credit, so take that into account. Big negative for Rivian is that they dont have heat pumps...so if you live in a cold area like MA, you might want to think twice. The Rivian is also less efficient...you will be burning a lot more kw/h and without a charging network

I'm a VINner!! 😂 7SAXCBE59NF3351XX, MXLR Blue/Cream/20"/no FSD ordered 3/28/21. MVPA says the car has 15 miles on it. Delivery will be at Devon, PA, unless the Mechanicsburg, PA SC gets permission to do deliveries (much closer for me). EDD went from July 2022 to March 7-31, then back to July 2022, then March 15-31 yesterday, and today a VIN. EDD now March 17-20. I've updated the spreadsheet.
That’s my same configuration! Let them know if you turn it down to send it to me. Thanks!😂

Reactions: Elixir and dlb9876
Just got an update from Tesla and they walked through how touchless delivery will happen. They're going to drive it to my house like I'm a king or something. I'd like to think they're doing this because they want to make up for my wait... but the guy said that it's actually faster for them to do it this way. 😂

Here's a link he sent me: tinyurl.com/4ndk7r4m

Reactions: Empty tank
I now have your address. Prepare for hax!

On a serious note, post pics! I'm jealous how fast some of our folks here are getting their wraps. Mine is scheduled for the 10th. So far out.
HAHAHAHA Whoopsies.
Good thing I masked the last two of my VIN... only to post my entire address hahaha!

I guess I was just so excited to share with the community that I wasn't thinking about the weirdos that live in other forums.

I will DEFFINITELY post pictures and videos!!!