Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This would be a good opportunity to jump up in line for those that are interested in Rivian.... I guess with them it doesn't matter when you order as you will be subject to price increased regardless..... My only concern would be getting hit with another price increase or two before they make deliveries.
Yeah…. Total speculation, but every time someone says that Rivian should have broken up the price increase into multiple smaller amounts, I think: What if this IS the smaller amount?

If their initial pricing was $20k off for the quad motor, then yeah, break it into 2 x 10k bumps or more… but if you’re $30k+ off cost, then an initial $20k bump (and not honoring initial pricing) makes more sense.

Hopefully, they can find a way to ramp to a lower COGS quickly, or we may see extended wait times for the 7-seat Model X continue indefinitely.

A thought just popped in to my head.... What will happen to the little horn button on the Yoke once Tesla activates the middle horn via software update? Will it be possible to change that little image of a horn and remap the button to something else? or will it just be a wasted redundant button on the yoke?
Since the icon is a horn maybe they could make it activate the megaphone.

Reactions: Zygote1975
I would be ecstatic about even the possibility with a July order... There are some folks with january 21 orders that are just getting crickets.
All of the below is just my guess (based as usual on zero information):

Because I'll be taking delivery at the factory, and it's the end of the quarter, I'll probably get a VIN if there's anything still sitting around at the end of March. Like maybe they're getting people ready to take delivery on short notice to clear out the delivery lot. If there's nothing they'll just toss me back into the "July" pool and try again in June. Either way they can say "look, we delivered early!"

Again, there is no evidence to support the above, just my unfounded speculation.

Bruce.

I had this conversation yesterday also (not trading anything in). I'm not going to celebrate just yet because I don't have a VIN either.

(checks order page again)

Nope, still no VIN. I was told to expect an email with a VIN this week but like pretty much everything else with this order I'm taking that assertion with a huge grain of salt.

Bruce.
A July order with a VIN this week? If it happens, I'll say congrats, but you will know I'm lying. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: dhuff and bmah
I had this conversation yesterday also (not trading anything in). I'm not going to celebrate just yet because I don't have a VIN either.

(checks order page again)

Nope, still no VIN. I was told to expect an email with a VIN this week but like pretty much everything else with this order I'm taking that assertion with a huge grain of salt.

Bruce.
Still no vin for me OOd 1/11/21 changed to 6 seater 12th October with promise of December delivery! Got a trade in call early Feb ,no trade in . I questioned the $6500 dollar charge for 6 seater but they wouldn’t remove. You give me hope!

they replaced tailights for me once...on my next X they said it was okay and thats how its designed
Yah, that’s complete BS if they told you that. The lights are not designed to get water in them. 🤣 That could cause corrosion, an electrical short, etc. Not to mention it depletes the amount of light being emitted making it a safety hazard. Oh, and it looks like crap too. Amazing what Tesla employees are willing to say to make their customers go away.

Basically yes. For my other Tesla's they all got the first update within a week or so, but I got a 2022 S the first week of February (to keep until my X comes given the X delays) and I am stuck on this version. I reached out to Tesla support and they "reset" the hardware (aka a reboot to appease me) but ultimately if you look at TeslaFi there is a whole series of S/X that are on this version and have not been upgraded so they're holding back for some reason.
Thx what is TeslaFi?

I'm a VINner!! 😂 7SAXCBE59NF3351XX, MXLR Blue/Cream/20"/no FSD ordered 3/28/21. MVPA says the car has 15 miles on it. Delivery will be at Devon, PA, unless the Mechanicsburg, PA SC gets permission to do deliveries (much closer for me). EDD went from July 2022 to March 7-31, then back to July 2022, then March 15-31 yesterday, and today a VIN. EDD now March 17-20. I've updated the spreadsheet.

Looks are subjective...it looks like crap to me.

I just did a mammoth mountain run...there are no chargers in mammoth for non teslas. i saw a EQS 450 hyper mileing it on the way back to LA

my backup cars are Rivian R1S, Lucid Air, BMW iX. Wouldn't consider the EQS
Agreed EQS looks like like an abomination…. Only thing on the market else than the ix… and by a wide margin…. And that the inside and out …..

Yah, that’s complete BS if they told you that. The lights are not designed to get water in them. 🤣 That could cause corrosion, an electrical short, etc. Not to mention it depletes the amount of light being emitted making it a safety hazard. Oh, and it looks like crap too. Amazing what Tesla employees are willing to say to make their customers go away.

I once had a spider climb into a taillight lens on my Model S. The service center didn't even try to question replacing that one. ;)

Bruce.

I'm a VINner!! 😂 7SAXCBE59NF3351XX, MXLR Blue/Cream/20"/no FSD ordered 3/28/21. MVPA says the car has 15 miles on it. Delivery will be at Devon, PA, unless the Mechanicsburg, PA SC gets permission to do deliveries (much closer for me). EDD went from July 2022 to March 7-31, then back to July 2022, then March 15-31 yesterday, and today a VIN. EDD now March 17-20. I've updated the spreadsheet.
Great news! my order number is 114775xxx.... I am getting close, I can almost taste my VIN