Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are on to something and they may not have even run out of sound mat. This could be yet another Tesla move to save $5 per car by "using technology" like they did w/ removing the dedicated rain sensor. Rain sensing wipers in our 2018 SUCK compared to our 2012.

They removed the rain sensor? Oh man, I'm starting to think I shouldn't have sold my 2015 :( No real rain sensor. No radar. Ugh!

Joking aside, it seems like some have experienced very quiet refresh X's while others haven't. I wonder if tires are making a big difference here.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and dhuff
Yes. The twins (4 year olds) love it. Few complaints on my end though. First, I wish I could control what they are watching from the main screen while driving. Second, with the booster seats I use, it’s really hard to buckle them in as the female part is the seat belt is inside the seat.

I really hope they work a lot on the interface/functionality of the rear screen, since its 90% aimed at kids. Like you said, we should be able to control it 100% from the front, there should be brightness settings, bluetooth/wired headset/split audio option and so on

They removed the rain sensor? Oh man, I'm starting to think I shouldn't have sold my 2015 :( No real rain sensor. No radar. Ugh!
Yes. Elon told the vision team that since they had a camera looking at the windshield that it should be able to tell if there is rain on it and trigger the wipers. While it sounds simple, apparently it is non-trivial as Tesla has yet to match the capability of the dedicate Bosch sensor the early models (and pretty much every other car on the road) had.

Yes. Elon told the vision team that since they had a camera looking at the windshield that it should be able to tell if there is rain on it and trigger the wipers. While it sounds simple, apparently it is non-trivial as Tesla has yet to match the capability of the dedicate Bosch sensor the early models (and pretty much every other car on the road) had.

They also have yet to match the capability of radar to see through dense valley fog for hundreds of feet with vision :(

Reactions: ductordoc
if human driver cannot see through the fog in front of you, do we really want to car to blast through fog at high speed even if it can?

Nope but it's a safety net. In those rare cases that you only have 30 foot visability and you're crawling at 20 miles per hour, I still want my tac to keep following distance to the car in front of me that I can no longer see.

Forgive me Father for I have VINned.

Yeah, that’s someone else’s joke on here but I made me laugh and I’ve been waiting for the day I got to steal it.

Much to my surprise I woke up to an email (sent at 2:40 AM central time) telling me that my VIN is now available!View attachment 776600
Congrats! Texas must be the lucky state as there are 5 earlier orders from NY 2020, CO Jan, OH, NJ, MN, Feb.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that Tesla has moved Stro's service appointment three times now? Not only is the new car sales side of Tesla completely "messed up", service is as well! When your car needs service who can wait three weeks to get it? That seems like a horrible experience. If another high end car dealer did that customers would be livid!
Not in the slightest. It sure beats the heck out of keeping an appointment, then having to wait on parts. When Tesla knows exactly what they need to fix something, it only makes sense they pay attention to parts availability and adjust as appropriate.

Reactions: Kaos_X and mswlogo