Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with a March date range that went back to July, then got a date range again?

Was so excited to see a March date range, and subsequently crushed to see it back to July. I’m starting to lose hope, Although it seems to be a placeholder based on others experiences.
Yes, I had July on Monday, got March 18-31 on Tuesday, went to July on Friday evening, then Saturday morning back to March 17-31. I’m hopeful

Anyone with a March date range that went back to July, then got a date range again?

Was so excited to see a March date range, and subsequently crushed to see it back to July. I’m starting to lose hope, Although it seems to be a placeholder based on others experiences.
That happened to me. I had July, then March 9-31, then back to July, and 2-3 days later March 15-31. Now I have a VIN and EDD of March 13-19.

Attachments

• D46B0300-0CAD-4006-9595-03E04360388C.jpeg
    D46B0300-0CAD-4006-9595-03E04360388C.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 198
I must be having options on that I'm not aware of.
415wh/mi is high, looks like you were having a little fun…. You have to be in the low 300s to get close to the stated range.
no fun at all- wanted to test AP non plaid prior to driving - looking in my setting looks like I left 'front frog' on - maybe that caused it. I don't see any notifications on dashboard otherwise

I added it as a tab on the bottom of the spreadsheet :)

View attachment 777082

Edit: Whoever cleaned it up, its gorgeous :)
I was going to add my VIN and delivery date Nice! Found someone beat me to it ! 🤣

I must be having options on that I'm not aware of.

no fun at all- wanted to test AP non plaid prior to driving - looking in my setting looks like I left 'front frog' on - maybe that caused it. I don't see any notifications on dashboard otherwise
How fast were you driving? Range drops off faster than most people realize as speed increases--I think I recall something like, compared to 65mph, you can expect 8% less range @ 70mph; 15-16% less @ 75mph; and 23% less @ 80mph. Granted, even if my recollection is accurate, I would assume that Tesla is working to improve efficiency across the board--perhaps these numbers are better today than they were a few years ago. That said, air resistance is always going to be there, and kinetic energy increases exponentially (energy @ 70mph is 4x energy @ 35mph).

Either way, I'm not sure this accounts for the entirety of your "lost" range unless you were driving 85-90mph. The height of your suspension also impacts range (should be very low on the interstate), and I believe poor wheel alignment can cause additional range loss.

Out of curiosity, how is your X described on the Tesla website in your account? Mine says

2022 Tesla Model X

View attachment 776960
I’m scheduled for delivery Tuesday, and my VIN suggests it was built sometime mid February (comparing to others that have found their build date).

If your build date is in October, are they calling it a 2021, or 2022? From what I’ve read here, Tesla has traditionally referred to that as a 2021 model.
My app and website have always said just Model X. Was a surprise to see that it is a 2021. I called Tesla and the guy gave me the build date. But I already knew it was a 2021 when I saw the VIN with an M in it instead of an N

Reactions: MX Colo