Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tinted charge ports and front windshield and blacked out front emblem

Attachments

• BFE5E2BD-0C27-42A0-8766-CE402220752C.jpeg
    BFE5E2BD-0C27-42A0-8766-CE402220752C.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 91
  • 051D307E-611B-48B7-9627-A56717F0C67A.jpeg
    051D307E-611B-48B7-9627-A56717F0C67A.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 8FB71529-F984-4311-9E1A-E38B292705AA.jpeg
    8FB71529-F984-4311-9E1A-E38B292705AA.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 68
Cargurus? You mean a listing or they are into buying business now like Carvana?

They are buying and selling directly to car dealerships. It's a way for dealership to get access to used inventory. It's not available in all states yet.

I do have to highlight though that all I have at this point is a quote. I have not gone through their process yet, so take with a grain of salt.

I have an April 2021 order and had ordered a 7 seat LR. Now, I would be more than happy to change to a 6 seater (and pay Tesla an additional $3,000). I am in Chicago and starting to see more Chicago orders coming in gives me FOMO.
Just my thoughts...be careful switching to a 6 seater now. Several people with 5 seaters have date ranges now. Would hate to see people switch and then they start making 5 and 7 seaters.

36k for the M3P?!? What’s the details here?

It’s not too late to Carmax

There's nothing wrong with the M3P. It's never been in an accident or had any body repair, the paint is nearly flawless (I had PPF on it). It has two very small rock chips in the windshield, and a small amount of curb rash on two of the wheels. It's a 2018 with 66,000 miles.

I also have no SA this time but I'm fine with not getting lied to.

👍

100% inaccurate statement based on this video.

While that video shows control of the matrix (spelling out Tesla in the lighting), that's not the issue. Controlling the light output is easy, It's the detection of when and where to reduce or turn off the light output that I'm convinced that Tesla can't do -- because they can't do it right now with regular headlights. Current Auto High Beam doesn't turn the lights to low beam until an oncoming car is far too close, and doesn't turn them off at all when following another car. It's because Tesla has ongoing, prominent, and obvious issues with consistently detecting things from the cameras. Their "vision" software simply doesn't work.

You should cancel your order.

I need an EV SUV that I can take road trips in with my wife. The Model X is the only viable, workable option for that task. The electric drive, battery, motors, charging system, and supercharger network from Tesla are second to none. So good, in fact, that it's value makes me tolerate the rest of their inferior engineering and insufferable business operations.

I'm hoping to be able to post after my delivery that my fears were overblown or unjustified. We will see.

There's nothing wrong with the M3P. It's never been in an accident or had any body repair, the paint is nearly flawless (I had PPF on it). It has two very small rock chips in the windshield, and a small amount of curb rash on two of the wheels. It's a 2018 with 66,000 miles.

👍

While that video shows control of the matrix (spelling out Tesla in the lighting), that's not the issue. Controlling the light output is easy, It's the detection of when and where to reduce or turn off the light output that I'm convinced that Tesla can't do -- because they can't do it right now with regular headlights. Current Auto High Beam doesn't turn the lights to low beam until an oncoming car is far too close, and doesn't turn them off at all when following another car. It's because Tesla has ongoing, prominent, and obvious issues with consistently detecting things from the cameras. Their "vision" software simply doesn't work.

I need an EV SUV that I can take road trips in with my wife. The Model X is the only viable, workable option for that task. The electric drive, motors, charging system, and supercharger network from Tesla are second to none. So good, in fact, that it's value makes me tolerate the rest of their inferior engineering and insufferable business operations.

I'm hoping to be able to post after my delivery that my fears were overblown or unjustified. We will see.
No, the matrix headlights are also better at illuminating than the older LEDs. There have been multiple reports of people going from model 3 and Ys (with matrix) being disappointed in visibility in the new X.

If you are coming from a pre-matrix 3 and Y then it will feel the same