Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo the guy said I can’t take it today but the guy is coming to fix it tomorrow and I can get it Saturday its not that bad in my opinion. Definitely fixable. My gf rim rashes my model y and I had a shop make it look brand new so
D19B82B6-6B4F-4F10-8E4E-06C2261EE2EF.jpeg

I just removed FSD and didn't lose my VIN. I'd add it and do the same. I'm not sure it impacts the timing but I ordered in June 2021 and got my VIN, so it can't hurt. It repriced it after a minute once I confirmed the removal. I see that I can add it on but I assume it will be for $12k (I had it for $10k)).

If you’ve never added it, you should be fine. The system will prompt you if you’re about to be at the point of no return asking you to confirm. But if this article is true, it’s worth doing to prioritize your order IMO.

Went ahead and added it. For $10K! :)

Now, fingers crossed for VINning (and I know I am counting the chicken before the eggs hatch, but also hoping my vacation Mar 16-20 is not spoiled)

Reactions: ductordoc and Stro
I don't actually want it. This is mostly to increase my odds of getting a VIN before this quarter-end. :)
you are allowed 1 change to an order without going to current prices....If you had added it at point of order you can remove it with no penalty but since you didn't have it then you have now used your 1 free change to add it....if you delete it now you will go back to current pricing

you are allowed 1 change to an order without going to current prices....If you had added it at point of order you can remove it with no penalty but since you didn't have it then you have now used your 1 free change to add it....if you delete it now you will go back to current pricing
Nah. The system will prompt you and tell you while asking you to click confirm. Did that to me and that’s what Tesla used against me. He should be fine.

So with Tesla increasing prices on the 3/Y I had an idea... you guys tell me if I am crazy:

I am thinking that there is a strong chance of another S/X price increase coming down the pipe..... So I'm thinking of ordering another MXLR now... The EDD says Jan 20023.... If it takes another year to receive I am hoping I can sell mine for close to what I paid if prices are still on the rise... Then get the new one, with hopefully new tech and at the current price.

If Tesla catches up to demand and I get an EDD way earlier I can always try to push it back as long as they will allow me... And if not I can always just cancel and take the $250 hit, whatever. Also if the market suddenly moves against me and prices drop (dont see that happening too drastically in the next year) I can once again just cancel and lose the $250 deposit... God knows I've lost way more on crazy investments.

Does this make sense or am I just being a little nuts?

While that video shows control of the matrix (spelling out Tesla in the lighting), that's not the issue. Controlling the light output is easy, It's the detection of when and where to reduce or turn off the light output that I'm convinced that Tesla can't do -- because they can't do it right now with regular headlights. Current Auto High Beam doesn't turn the lights to low beam until an oncoming car is far too close, and doesn't turn them off at all when following another car. It's because Tesla has ongoing, prominent, and obvious issues with consistently detecting things from the cameras. Their "vision" software simply doesn't work.

I was responding to the statement:

"matrix headlights are not designed to really operate in a "low-beam" mode, their light output will be inferior to the older standard headlights when in low-beam."

Welll, it’s day 4 of being back on July lol.

Admittedly maybe I jumped the gun. But when they moved me to a March 18-31 window I thought “it’s time!”. I sold my trade vehicle (because a local dealership offered 6k more, and I moved money around to make the cash payment.
Now I’m back to July, and was hopeful that it was just a glitch before a vin was assigned, but after 4 days I’m losing hope that’s the case.
Although, we’re nowhere near that original date range yet anyway. So I suppose it could still happen.
The issue isn’t the wait, The issue is the date was moved and I thought it was going to be solid. While others were having constant date changes daily mine stayed the same for over a week.

In other news, I found a 2022 model X for rent on Turo in Charlotte. Definitely thinking about going and giving myself a test drive before mine comes in.

I have an April 2021 order and had ordered a 7 seat LR. Now, I would be more than happy to change to a 6 seater (and pay Tesla an additional $3,000). I am in Chicago and starting to see more Chicago orders coming in gives me FOMO.
St. Louis here (but grew up in Chicago). Close enough that trucks should be going to both places. Also getting serious FOMO. And, would love to have seen the Cards hire Joe Maddon...

I’ve gone from eager to get my Vin from order in 6/21 to wanting to sandbag until refresh with matrix headlights is released. Anyone else?
Kinda, yes. But, if given the choice, I'd take the damn car.... Started this process in January, 2021. Actually, even before that - as I was planning on just buying a 2020 model to replace my 2018 P100D. Buggy software and MCU1 that Tesla refused to fix.

Sooo the guy said I can’t take it today but the guy is coming to fix it tomorrow and I can get it Saturday its not that bad in my opinion. Definitely fixable. My gf rim rashes my model y and I had a shop make it look brand new soView attachment 779168

You are demanding a new undamaged wheel rather than repairing it, right? It might look pretty good after the rapair but the paint won't and can't be anywhere near as strong as the powder coated and baked original finish. The repair will have a much higher chance of being damaged next time you have the tire changed. Plus this is a brand new car. You should expect damaged parts to be replaced, not repaired. The only exception is body paint and unless it's a bumper, I'd reject any car that has body paint defects.

Last edited: