Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On this, I have not added FSD to my order yet. Does it make sense to add it now, to hopefully influence the manufacturing/planning folks and once I get a VIN, to remove it since I don't really want to add it?

Or do I run the risk of "getting stuck" with FSD?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I’ve had two friends call me up in the past three days.

“Hey, don’t you drive a Telsaa? So how does it work, any gas at all in it?” 😂😂

Interesting ... I just emailed my SA and got this OOO message :)

"I am currently in the field assisting with EOQ delivery efforts and may be delayed in my response.

Should you need immediate assistance regarding your Tesla order or upcoming delivery, you can contact my store by phone..."

I just removed FSD and didn't lose my VIN. I'd add it and do the same. I'm not sure it impacts the timing but I ordered in June 2021 and got my VIN, so it can't hurt. It repriced it after a minute once I confirmed the removal. I see that I can add it on but I assume it will be for $12k (I had it for $10k)).

Reactions: usctrojan98
On this, I have not added FSD to my order yet. Does it make sense to add it now, to hopefully influence the manufacturing/planning folks and once I get a VIN, to remove it since I don't really want to add it?

Or do I run the risk of "getting stuck" with FSD?
If you’ve never added it, you should be fine. The system will prompt you if you’re about to be at the point of no return asking you to confirm. But if this article is true, it’s worth doing to prioritize your order IMO.

How do they justify this other than to say its just pure money motivated? when its a build priority they can BS and say they are missing parts or are having issues with a specific component... But this is something that can be pushed over the air and is software so there should be no reason to prioritize other than it increases profits and margins.

How do they justify this other than to say its just pure money motivated? when its a build priority they can BS and say they are missing parts or are having issues with a specific component... But this is something that can be pushed over the air and is software so there should be no reason to prioritize other than it increases profits and margins.

If all of the info from the article comes from the online delivery calculator, I don't think they would deny it's profit/margin priority setting. 100% is. I don't have a problem with it personally as long as they simply come out and admit it. They are a publicly traded company, profits/margins will be 1 of the top priorities.

They have been doing this for a while. It took me 3 weeks to get my MYP in Sept. MYLR were taking many months. You could argue the demand was lower for MYP or that it was on another production line, but it's clearly about profit in my mind. But again, I would do the same thing most likely.

Wait is over finally
8E9EB34B-57D2-4F2B-8A7E-DB362806C9D8.jpeg