Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
delivery day came and went for me today. picked up at richmond, va. service center was excellent. the experience couldn't have been better/easier. i was never able to call them because nobody ever picks up but they always responded to emails. day before asked if the car was good, they said all was good with the car, no issues. on the way up from virginia beach i got a text what spot it was in, i pulled up, inspected the outside. all good there except for minor trim issues. paint was overall fine nothing worthy of rejection or even complaining. went inside, got the credit card key (key fobs were in the car). went inside the car, everything checked out. signed papers inside, then out the door i went. drive home from richmond was in snow, handled just fine with 22's. will post pictures. overall thoughts are AMAZING FUN. pulled up next to a few amgs/m/rs cars on the way home once the snow stopped and they were all willing to get burned by the MX LR just for fun. current car is a BMX X5 x50i, prior to that was a 911 turbo/audi s5/audi rs4. the fun factor on this is 10/10.
How is it compared to X5?

Ordered a model x 5 seater White interior fsd in June initially supposed to get here in Jan. About a week ago date changed to March 21-31 no vin. Today back to July. Heard from a few people that when they date goes back a vin follows the next day. Is this the case or am I off here?
Would be hard to say because you would be the first 5 seater vin I believe.

How is it compared to X5?
The ride is a bit rougher (which I kind of like) but I’m comparing 22s on the MX compared to I think 20s on the X5. The speed is obviously not even close. The MX is unreal. It’s more fun than my 911 turbo that was stage 2 with over 600hp. I like the look of the MX over the X5. I think in most every way other than ride comfort, it beats the x5. The x5 seemed so ‘heavy’ and when I wanted speed the lag was not fun and I never wanted to punch it because of that. The ease of changing certain settings (temp, turn signal, wipers, etc) is better with physical buttons but I’m still getting used to Tesla so that’ll change. The yolk is just a non issue. It’s just a different steering wheel that is neither better nor worse. I guess one plus I’d the x5 is that I didn’t care to get it dirty. I got white seats abs I know everyone says they are easy to clean, I just worry about them getting dirty.

I love the tech on the Tesla and while I thought there would be more (not sure what more I guess I just thought it would be more complicated), the x5 I had was a 2016 so it was so antiquated compared to this Tesla.

Hi! I just recently got a VIN, but it’s a 2021 it appears. 5YJXCBE5XMF327xxx. Question for you all - are there known differences between 2021 VINs vs 2022? I’m trying to determine if I should push back or not. I care about functionality and build quality. I’m not looking to resell anytime soon so I’m not too concerned about resale value.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Regardless I’m very excited - just concerned about a good experience when spending so much.

Reactions: Kaos_X
How do you guys get $2000 credit (for per-refreshed order), which was promised back in Jan/Feb 2021 ?
I have the same question. But to avoid getting stuck in the permanent EDD TBD, I dare not to even ask about it. Even without that discount, we're getting the car $18,000 (plus tax) cheaper than the current price.

Though this price difference might be exactly the reason why we're not getting them, currently being stuck in July.

…I hadn’t realized how congested they’ve gotten since the last time I used one as I usually charge at home. This supercharger competitive advantage is slowly going away. Waiting for a spot sucks.
That definitely depends where you are in the country!!! Where we are, the superchargers are fully vacant almost all the time. I know, because I regularly drive past them.

• Informative
Reactions: Tz00 and Stro
Would you mind pls posting a close up photo of that?
CB8C6DB2-9D5C-4971-8611-5B6030652C27.jpeg

Hi! I just recently got a VIN, but it’s a 2021 it appears. 5YJXCBE5XMF327xxx. Question for you all - are there known differences between 2021 VINs vs 2022? I’m trying to determine if I should push back or not. I care about functionality and build quality. I’m not looking to resell anytime soon so I’m not too concerned about resale value.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Regardless I’m very excited - just concerned about a good experience when spending so much.
I have a 2022 VIN (NF336XXX) and as far as I know the main differences are the taillights and chargeport. Besides that they're just about the same car! Is it a LR or Plaid?

Ok…ok… I got this tonight but I will not believe it until one of the earlier 5 seater confirm their VIN and delivery. I have been told that once built it will take 2 weeks to cross the country from CA to MA. So if this is correct the car should be built and being loaded now.
Once I see others got VINs, took delivery and I get a VIN then and only then I will declare I am not dreaming!

Attachments

• 813CCE6A-F555-4D99-B35B-3F5CB225A5DA.png
    813CCE6A-F555-4D99-B35B-3F5CB225A5DA.png
    397.2 KB · Views: 75
I’m going to suggest something.
Elon, get rid of SAs. Seriously. They are useless. I have nothing against them — typically very nice people, but useless. Idk why Tesla has these vestiges. Again, seriously.

Replace SAs with a well informed customer service hub that is skilled in accurate communication.
The misunderstandings about BEVs is hard to fathom when you’re on this forum.

The only reason SAs knows nothing about EDDs is bc Elon’s underlings tell them nothing until release etc. is imminent. It’s intentional. If they told you Matrix headlights were coming in July, what good does that do for earnings? Go to an Apple store in early September and ask a SA about the the difference between an iPhone 14 and 13.

SAs are critical in dispelling myths and highlighting current features. They are for the 80%.