Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when exactly is Tesla's quarter end. Hearing about this quarter end push but it is now 3/15. Does that mean Tesla is saving their local deliveries or CA deliveries till end of March?

You would expect VIN/dates by now if that were the case right? or are april deliveries considered quarter end push too?

An interesting fact with today's price increases..

When you add FSD to the MY, the EDD goes from September to May.

We already know there is no extra hardware or extra production for FSD, it is just software.

What this definitively determines though - Tesla absolutely prioritizes high profit margin cars over the lesser. We have known this for a while, but here's our hard evidence.

This is not present for the MX on the ordering page but we can only assume this is also true to some extent when they chose what orders to fill first. Good news for 2022 orders, bad news for 2021 orders.

when exactly is Tesla's quarter end. Hearing about this quarter end push but it is now 3/15. Does that mean Tesla is saving their local deliveries or CA deliveries till end of March?

You would expect VIN/dates by now if that were the case right? or are april deliveries considered quarter end push too?
They go by calendar quarter, so the assumption is that they will push for NorCal (and possibly SoCal?) deliveries in the last ~10 days of the quarter. And the counter will be reset on April 1 and Cali orders can sit back and relax furiously check this forum and analyze the tracking spreadsheet :)

I received a VIN today.
5YJXCBE55MF3267XX
looks like a 2021
I do not see many VINs that start with 5YJ
I texted my SA (just some general number for Loveland Colorado) to express my concern about getting a 2021 VIN. I received a text response that they could remove the vehicle from my account and put me back in the queue for a new one. They said I could check the vehicle before I make a final decision. They could not give me an update on timing until the existing vehicle was removed from my account. Will be same price and configuration. Estimated delivery date of March 22 for the 2021 VIN. Thoughts?

Reactions: Great White
I texted my SA (just some general number for Loveland Colorado) to express my concern about getting a 2021 VIN. I received a text response that they could remove the vehicle from my account and put me back in the queue for a new one. They said I could check the vehicle before I make a final decision. They could not give me an update on timing until the existing vehicle was removed from my account. Will be same price and configuration. Estimated delivery date of March 22 for the 2021 VIN. Thoughts?
Depending on your personal situation, but you're paying a lot of $$$ for this, might as well get a 2022 (resale values are higher + might as well get the latest & greatest on everything). Many MX owners who have placed orders in early 2021 state June so, my assumption is, your worst case scenario is being put back in the queue for June.

FWIW - I looked earlier today and there is absolutely no inventory for Model X anywhere in Colorado - other than one person trying to sell a refreshed Plaid 6 seater for $150K on Craigslist :oops:. May be able to sell it for at or above purchase price when you eventually get a 2022 model or higher.

Finally! No VIN but EDD range of 2 days. So much for July…what a joke they should just call this “RDD” for Random Delivery Date. But I’ll take it.

Ordered on 2/28/21, delivery to Maryland.

Attachments

• 3541AD63-05F6-4CD4-B21E-E414AD02998E.jpeg
    3541AD63-05F6-4CD4-B21E-E414AD02998E.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 75
FWIW - I looked earlier today and there is absolutely no inventory for Model X anywhere in Colorado - other than one person trying to sell a refreshed Plaid 6 seater for $150K on Craigslist :oops:. May be able to sell it for at or above purchase price when you eventually get a 2022 model or higher.

The person selling on Craigslist needs to bump up his price :). A newly ordered MXP (with new pricing) with 22" white/cream interior can run around $147k. Impatient shoppers will pay a lot more than that.