Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ehhhh... Agree to disagree 😂

I love the direct-to-consumer online model. But even while not in normal times there is something to be said about the communication and one on one human interaction of a dealership. I want to look the person responsible for my order dead in the eyes and ask "when is my car coming" as opposed to the current model of SAs who know nothing about the internal workings of their company.
Ok definitely having informed customer service is essential.

But I trust dealership salespeople as far as pointing me to the bathroom. Actually even then I’m questioning until I see it myself lol.

In the dark ages when I bought a Chevy Volt, the complete ignorance AND outright confabulation of the Chevy salespeople was mind blowing.

I mean they may as well have told me the car has pixie dust.

Yeah.. But when they lie to my face I can go back to face the same person and get some satisfaction out of making trouble. I have no shame, ill go full male-Karyn. 😂 And at dealerships the manager can do something like throw in a first aid kit or free routine maintenance (speaking from experience) Tesla SAs have 0 compensation power.

Opinion: It would really mean so much to so many if they even threw in a free supercharging session or two. Considering all those with lifetime free supercharging, this should cost them next to nothing to give to a few hundred MX orders waiting 365+ days. I am not even saying lifetime free, just match the referral bonus.

I went to the Tesla store in White Plains NY the other month and the reps on the floor have 0 back-end knowledge, they actually place orders with customers using the regular Tesla.com interface. They are no more helpful for existing orders than the 800 number :(

</rant>
Ha
Yep when the Model 3 was announced I stood in line at a Tesla showroom…

Only to discover they directed me on their computers to place the order on the Tesla website.

I was literally WTF to myself. I mean I KNEW I could do that. I thought **maybe** Tesla would have given a special ordering interface for their showrooms…………… 🙄🤯🤣 it was so stupid to have waited in line omg 😆

Ha
Yep when the Model 3 was announced I stood in line at a Tesla showroom…

Only to discover they directed me on their computers to place the order on the Tesla website.

I was literally WTF to myself. I mean I KNEW I could do that. I thought **maybe** Tesla would have given a special ordering interface for their showrooms…………… 🙄🤯🤣 it was so stupid to have waited in line omg 😆
That was such an experience tho! It reminds me of lining up when new iPhone first came out!

He doesn't want to wait until VIN is assigned because by then rates might have gone up. He doesn't want to switch now because that might bump him on the VIN Queue. He's right. While the account is "in processing" it won't do anything, even EDD could move. It will probably move back then he will get in VIN Queue again.

What he should do is secure a loan outside of Tesla (hint hint DCU). Wait for the VIN, then switch it to an external loan. I think an external loan is practically the same as cash to Tesla anyway and not sure if it can even stay as Cash.
How do you secure a loan ahead of having a VIN and delivery date with DCU? Thought you would need to be imminently buying the car. Might be interested in going this route to lock in the lower rated (though my car is probably still months away).

• Funny
Reactions: lsds and ironwill96
Picked up my LR 6 seat blue/black 20” X in Devon, PA today after 417 days. I was a prerefresh order (1/23/21). The $2k discount showed up about 24 hours before my appointment.

Tim was my SA helping me with delivery today and he was fantastic. The car was washed, tires were shiny black, he was super meticulous, kind, and incredibly patient with me.

Very few problems, if I can even call them that compared to some of the things I’ve seen posted by others. Here’s the issues I reported for service.

1. Drivers side door had a small but deep etched in scratch towards the top. he said they’re going to replace the entire window.
  2. Yoke worm is subtle, but present.
  3. A few tiny scuffs that Tim buffed out right then and there. One tiny ding on the passenger FWD.
  4. Passenger FWD very slightly misaligned. Like, so slight it’s comical. Had a few issues with that door not wanting to close all the way a few times though, so I added it to my service ticket.
  5. Frunk is a little strangely aligned. Kind of a gap on the passenger side, and extra difficult to close, like it just won’t line up (my neighbors with teslas all had a go and it took 4 people to get it shut properly). So that’s been added.
  6. Back bottom of passenger seat plastic wasn’t clipped together properly and overlaps (see photo).
  7. Had to push some weather stripping back in around the FWD.
  8. A few inner plastic trim pieces on the floor near the doors weren’t “clicked in place” and I didn’t really discover they weren’t until I stepped on one and heard it click, so probably push on those.

No weird sounds, no center horn yet. New tail lights and charge port. Old headlights. Hurled my body at the seats a few times to see if they’d move (thanks @Stro), and autopilot worked great once calibrated on the drive home. No phantom braking (knock on wood). Came loaded with software version 2021.43.202.
Going in for stek DynoPrism PPF with Jace at Focus Creative Company in Philly/Southern NJ after service visit is complete.

Yoke, from a woman’s perspective: For those of you fine gents who said their wives are absolutely not sold on the yoke, read on. As someone who was adamantly against the yoke over a year ago when they asked me to convert my order over to the refresh for an extra $8k, I love it. I even thought people saying they loved it were just in denial because they’d spent a ton of money on a car and were trying to convince themselves, but no, I love it because I actually love it. I am a petite woman and finding the proper seat height for my torso and legs is always challenging between reaching the pedals and seeing over the stupid wheel without getting decapitated by the seatbelt or using an ugly seatbelt pad. That extra bit I can see through the windshield without the top of the wheel in my line of vision is a game changer.
What I am iffy about is the stupid turn signals. I miss the stalks. I’m getting used to it, but it’s not as intuitive, even though there is a raised horizontal “bar” separating the left and right signals. I just don’t want to have to feel around for if I want to go left or right. Seems like a step backwards to me there.

So there’s my lengthy review. I hope you all don’t mind if I continue to hang out here. I attached a few photos of some of the issues I mentioned above. Happy to answer any questions! :)
View attachment 781957View attachment 781958View attachment 781959View attachment 781960View attachment 781961View attachment 781962View attachment 781963View attachment 781964
I had Tim also, 3 weeks ago, same Blue MXLR, same spot, a few of the same minor issues. Yes Tim was great! Love the car. I’m taking mine in Friday for my de rigeur service visit. Only two issues are a reversed seat belt and to confirm the high pitched whine when accelerating hard is normal… does your car make a high pitch whine from the electric motor when flooring the accelerator? Particularly audible at highway speeds?

Took me 2 weeks to love the yoke but I’m there now. I’m installing my EVOffer frunk kit hopefully this weekend. This is the main after market upgrade I’m doing…. Fingers crossed it works!

Someone posted this on local Tesla group. Although what SA said(imperfections due to end of quarter rush) makes sense, but it doesn’t make sense for a company rep(SA) to say it

Took delivery today 3/16 MYP in charlotte nc. Some pretty noticeable imperfections, sales rep mentioned it’s typical at the end of each quarter as they rush production. Regardless, they are handling them and I’m pretty happy to have it. #shade

Picked up my LR 6 seat blue/black 20” X in Devon, PA today after 417 days. I was a prerefresh order (1/23/21). The $2k discount showed up about 24 hours before my appointment.

Tim was my SA helping me with delivery today and he was fantastic. The car was washed, tires were shiny black, he was super meticulous, kind, and incredibly patient with me.

Very few problems, if I can even call them that compared to some of the things I’ve seen posted by others. Here’s the issues I reported for service.

1. Drivers side door had a small but deep etched in scratch towards the top. he said they’re going to replace the entire window.
  2. Yoke worm is subtle, but present.
  3. A few tiny scuffs that Tim buffed out right then and there. One tiny ding on the passenger FWD.
  4. Passenger FWD very slightly misaligned. Like, so slight it’s comical. Had a few issues with that door not wanting to close all the way a few times though, so I added it to my service ticket.
  5. Frunk is a little strangely aligned. Kind of a gap on the passenger side, and extra difficult to close, like it just won’t line up (my neighbors with teslas all had a go and it took 4 people to get it shut properly). So that’s been added.
  6. Back bottom of passenger seat plastic wasn’t clipped together properly and overlaps (see photo).
  7. Had to push some weather stripping back in around the FWD.
  8. A few inner plastic trim pieces on the floor near the doors weren’t “clicked in place” and I didn’t really discover they weren’t until I stepped on one and heard it click, so probably push on those.

No weird sounds, no center horn yet. New tail lights and charge port. Old headlights. Hurled my body at the seats a few times to see if they’d move (thanks @Stro), and autopilot worked great once calibrated on the drive home. No phantom braking (knock on wood). Came loaded with software version 2021.43.202.
Going in for stek DynoPrism PPF with Jace at Focus Creative Company in Philly/Southern NJ after service visit is complete.

Yoke, from a woman’s perspective: For those of you fine gents who said their wives are absolutely not sold on the yoke, read on. As someone who was adamantly against the yoke over a year ago when they asked me to convert my order over to the refresh for an extra $8k, I love it. I even thought people saying they loved it were just in denial because they’d spent a ton of money on a car and were trying to convince themselves, but no, I love it because I actually love it. I am a petite woman and finding the proper seat height for my torso and legs is always challenging between reaching the pedals and seeing over the stupid wheel without getting decapitated by the seatbelt or using an ugly seatbelt pad. That extra bit I can see through the windshield without the top of the wheel in my line of vision is a game changer.
What I am iffy about is the stupid turn signals. I miss the stalks. I’m getting used to it, but it’s not as intuitive, even though there is a raised horizontal “bar” separating the left and right signals. I just don’t want to have to feel around for if I want to go left or right. Seems like a step backwards to me there.

So there’s my lengthy review. I hope you all don’t mind if I continue to hang out here. I attached a few photos of some of the issues I mentioned above. Happy to answer any questions! :)
View attachment 781957View attachment 781958View attachment 781959View attachment 781960View attachment 781961View attachment 781962View attachment 781963View attachment 781964
Thank you so much for this! This will be our first Tesla and my wife is kind of freaking out a little bit lol. I am really hopeful that she will get used to the Yoke and even grow to love it..... but now my new concern is the regen driving since Tesla removed creep mode. We rented a model Y once and she absolutely hated one pedal driving (granted she didn't really give it much of a chance) had to switch it to creep for her. I am really hoping she gets used to it...…..I think the biggest challenge is that we drive to NYC a lot and as a result have to do a lot of parallel parking... when doing so its easier to let the car roll/creep into the space since its tight, I feel like it will be challenging to have to step on the accelerator to get the car to creep a tiny bit in to the space without bumping the other cars.

Good morning! :)

Looking at all the user order updates recently I found that many are out of date or not in the spreadsheet at all.

If you have not entered your information yet, may I request you drop your details? It shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

The more data points we have the better we can predict and document trends :)

How do you secure a loan ahead of having a VIN and delivery date with DCU? Thought you would need to be imminently buying the car. Might be interested in going this route to lock in the lower rated (though my car is probably still months away).
If it’s months away I’m not sure it’s worth it. It will expire. Time varies. Not sure VIN is needed to lock rate, but if it is find a similar one and have it changed when you get one. VINs change all time.

Reactions: Denglehenjiule