Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like someone or some people keep putting future delivery dates in the Delivery Date column. I keep having to clear them out. Please stop doing that and use the notes column instead. Several places in the sheet treat a value in the Delivery Date column as the car actually being delivered, even though they haven't yet. And we all know that until the car is signed off on by the customer that these dates are pretty flexible :)
I wonder if it would be clearer if the name of the column was changed to "Date Delivered"; this would clearly show the past tense. Just a suggestion.

I might actually not get the vehicle. It was scheduled for apr 5th but in NJ as my old address was in the north east. I recently moved to Florida and trying to switch delivery to Florida now. The person over telephone changed the delivery location but she cannot be sure this vin will stay with me and will get delivered here to me actually. Sigh.

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
They called me in a minute and spoiled everything! What customer service! It's just a piece of sh*t!

So, they called me and told me that I have to pay for the car immediately and pick it up within 2 hours. Otherwise, they are going to give my VIN to someone else because they do not have space to store my car. That's pure blackmail!

It's going to take at least one business day for me to move the funds from the investment account to the checking account. So, I can't pay and pick up the car within hours.

I still have an option to schedule a home delivery later this week. Will it help to protect me from losing my VIN?
That sounds so sketchy!
Do you live near pickup location? I would go there as scheduled. Tell them you want to inspect the car first …AND THEN tell them about your payment situation.
Im positive they could make an arrangement for you if you deal with them in person. And get it in writing if you can.

Reactions: groundy
This is amazing, its the same guy that responded to me. Jorge Sanchez is either a very busy man or they all default to the same email signature
🤣 ... I also got an email from "Jorge", who changed my interior color preference and confirmed it would not change the order price. At this point, I don't care too much if I get a further delay.

My guess is the August cutoff is because Tesla is building/scheduling orders from July 2021 and earlier, and they are willing to allow changes from orders that are not yet scheduled for manufacturing.

• Funny
Reactions: EV3_ and cwang089
I had posted yesterday about being very nervous about my delivery appointment due to all of the issues reported in this thread. But it all worked out. There were no significant issues with the inspection, the delivery guy helped me and was very patient. Took about 40 mins to check everything. There is a wider panel gap on the LH FWD vs the RH, but it's not that noticeable and the doors work perfectly, no rubbing or squeaking or anything. I'll make a ticket and get it fixed but it wasn't going to stop me from taking delivery.

Issues noticed after delivery:
Phantom braking on Autopilot is horrendous, not a delivery issue obviously, but a big deal because it makes autopilot useless
Dash cam does not work, the USB drive that came with the car is faulty and/or software for this is currently bugged
Can't watch sentry videos (probably related to the dash cam issue)
Can't figure out some settings, like my mirrors automatically folding when I'm trying to back up into my garage.
USB drives come with the car now? Are you able to share any details on the drive - size, brand, etc.? I figured I'd have to buy my own drive like I did for our model 3.

USB drives come with the car now? Are you able to share any details on the drive - size, brand, etc.? I figured I'd have to buy my own drive like I did for our model 3.

It's this one:

That is the Samsung Bar plus with Tesla branding in 128gb...

I bought the 256gb version and replaced the one Tesla includes with that one.... Not only does it have double the storage, but Samsung claims the read/write speed is faster.

Reactions: techdoutdev
This is amazing, its the same guy that responded to me. Jorge Sanchez is either a very busy man or they all default to the same email signature
I just got the same form response. Were you able to edit your build online? I haven't had an "edit build/configuration" or whatever button since I can remember. Anyone know of any workarounds or I just need to email back and ask how?

I just got the same form response. Were you able to edit your build online? I haven't had an "edit build/configuration" or whatever button since I can remember. Anyone know of any workarounds or I just need to email back and ask how?
For me, there is no edit button online or in the app. But "Jorge" was able to update my order.

This Jorge Sanchez from the movie book of life? they may be taking the piss.

Attachments

• JJJ.JPG
    JJJ.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Funny
Reactions: T3slafan2500
How long did it take for them to reply? Email to OrderSupport or talked to a SA?
All done via email. Seems to be better to get a quick response and to have it in writing. Got a response to each email within 12 hours. Sent the request at 7PM Central time Monday. Got a response at 10AM Central time Tuesday informing me that the base price would remain, but the impact to the delivery date was unknown, and did I want to continue with the change? I replied at 7PM that I did indeed want to make the change. Got a response at 10AM today confirming the change with the caution that it could take 24 hours to reflect in the account. Looked at my account and there was a blue Model X there and all of the paperwork was correct with the old base price. Date on the document was today.

1648061987688.png

Last edited:
i’m still Neanderthalling my way using a browser. what’s the name of that app again?
Tesla Motors Club