Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 784851
My delivery was delayed due to a trucking issue but the car finally showed up to my local service center this morning. My delivery is now next Tuesday. It looks great, but I noticed this bubbling/drip mark at the top of the tailgate arm where it meets the FWD. I looked at two other white X’s and they seem to share this issue. I reported it but not sure what they will do to fix it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Ignore the obvious FWD alignment issue, this car has not even been inspected by them yet. Otherwise the car looks great from the outside, panels line up pretty well. Has new tail lights and charge port. View attachment 784856

Unless that's on the top of the clear and just something that needs to be cleaned off, it's probably fisheyed from the surface being contaminated before it was painted. The entire panel will have to be repainted and if they follow standard body shop practices, all adjacent panels will have to be blended. I will basically be rejecting any vehicle that has paint defects unless it's a bumper.

Update from calling # again is my car was finished being built today, so 2 days from VIN to built.

Interestingly, they are pushing me to the Sunnyvale delivery center, who will go through the QA process, instead of factory, who is focusing on 3/Y deliveries. This adds a delay, but the guy I spoke with is reaching out to Sunnyvale and my awesome SA to see what can be done because that 10 mile transport adds a delay and also increases risk of truckers doing damage to the car.

I was told that they are being more lenient with holding Xs in particular past 3/31 because they are taking more time to inspect them. Your results may vary.

My SA also seemed optimistic I could get get a hold until 4/3 if they can't finish up QA and deliver by Friday. My SA has been around for 5 years, always responds to my emails, and there's no BS.

There are a lot of aggressive sales tactics being used by some SAs and even in the app/online about paying first, getting insurance asap, and lining up financing before giving away VINs. Not saying it can't happen, but try not to fall for them.

Interesting! So you have a car that was finished today, and they're talking about possibly getting it ready to deliver by Friday (2 days of QA/QC time) to either Sunnyvale or Fremont. I have a car that was finished sometime in the first week of March, and is still sitting in Fremont not through with inspections 3 weeks later, for delivery in Fremont. Isn't that special?

(Fremont is not my closest delivery option...that'd probably be Dublin. But I had the same thoughts about transportation and damage in transit.)

I talked to someone who was going to reach out to the Fremont delivery team to get me an update "hopefully by end of the day today". We'll see how this goes. My SA was really helpful earlier in the ordering process, but hasn't replied to any of my emails recently.

Good luck...hope you get a flawless car on a schedule that works for you!

Bruce.

Tesla Motors Club
how odd.

65EEDDFB-6A00-4590-BE2D-B76A7384DC59.jpeg

I wonder if “making a note on my account” does anything to accelerate the delivery. Probably not, but worth a try 🤷🏽‍♂️

Where can I find the latest delivery checklist for Model X? Thanks in advance
See the last tab in this:

Reactions: studioloft
I have read through a lot of pages of this thread, and it seems every third post is complaining about Tesla, or their lies, or, their SC’s…

I mean, does everyone still want their Tesla, even with all the complaints? We’re talking a 100k+ car here, and there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction for Tesla. I am beginning to question it myself, I have a 2020 that I just had in for service, to fix the FWD from stopping almost shutting, every other time. They had the car the whole day, and gave it back and said they couldn’t replicate the problem. What? I replicated it for the service guy right there. It literally happens every other time you close the door. I left, and the second time I go to close it, of course it stopped again, like clockwork.

I have a Refresh on order, and man, I just don’t know… anyone offer up any good advice? Or their thoughts on all of this, lots of complaints, but everyone still wants their Tesla….

I have read through a lot of pages of this thread, and it seems every third post is complaining about Tesla, or their lies, or, their SC’s…

I mean, does everyone still want their Tesla, even with all the complaints? We’re talking a 100k+ car here, and there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction for Tesla. I am beginning to question it myself, I have a 2020 that I just had in for service, to fix the FWD from stopping almost shutting, every other time. They had the car the whole day, and gave it back and said they couldn’t replicate the problem. What? I replicated it for the service guy right there. It literally happens every other time you close the door. I left, and the second time I go to close it, of course it stopped again, like clockwork.

I have a Refresh on order, and man, I just don’t know… anyone offer up any good advice? Or their thoughts on all of this, lots of complaints, but everyone still wants their Tesla….

People normally go out of their way to express their dissatisfaction. I'm sure the number of people who are content with Tesla and the Model X outnumber the ones who are dissatisfied. Also, reading some of these posts makes me feel like the majority of these people have never ordered a car to their specification. These challenges exist with other manufacturers to an even worse degree.

Interesting! So you have a car that was finished today, and they're talking about possibly getting it ready to deliver by Friday (2 days of QA/QC time) to either Sunnyvale or Fremont. I have a car that was finished sometime in the first week of March, and is still sitting in Fremont not through with inspections 3 weeks later, for delivery in Fremont. Isn't that special?

(Fremont is not my closest delivery option...that'd probably be Dublin. But I had the same thoughts about transportation and damage in transit.)

I talked to someone who was going to reach out to the Fremont delivery team to get me an update "hopefully by end of the day today". We'll see how this goes. My SA was really helpful earlier in the ordering process, but hasn't replied to any of my emails recently.

Good luck...hope you get a flawless car on a schedule that works for you!

Bruce.

Hopefully moving from the factory to an SC in the Bay Area doesn't involve driving it. I'd flip knowing my Tesla was driven naked through the streets. As it is I'm angsting between Tracwrap and 3 inch ScotchBlue for temporary frontal protection until my wrap guy can get to it in mid May which is how longer he's scheduled out.

They had the car the whole day, and gave it back and said they couldn’t replicate the problem. What? I replicated it for the service guy right there. It literally happens every other time you close the door. I left, and the second time I go to close it, of course it stopped again, like clockwork.
So basically like every other car brand that ever existed.

I don't think Tesla is going to get better any time soon. They are going through scaling growing pains and have lost customer focus.

So basically like every other car brand that ever existed.

I don't think Tesla is going to get better any time soon. They are going through scaling growing pains and have lost customer focus.
Pretty much, I’m pretty laid back, and didn’t throw that big of a stink about it, and Have owned quite a few different cars. Toyotas, Hondas, lexus’s, bmw’s, 2 Teslas so far, a Model S, and this 2020 now, with the refresh on order. But man, I just drove 2 hours to the closest SC to me, and they had the car the whole day. I did get to use up about $150 in Uber credits, getting chauffeured around Vegas though, haha.

i understand what your saying, but I don’t think you can say like every other car brand that existed. When my BMW had an issue, under warranTy, they were all over getting it fixed, and making sure I wasn’t inconvenienced in any way at all…

I love Tesla cars, clearly as I have a third one ordered…. Disappointed in how they are treating customers lately…