Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be a trend. Not too long ago people were reporting Tesla's offers as the lowest by comparison.
Like Tall Bill my Tesla offer was the best even without the Sales Tax advantage.
Not the trend for everyone, mine was about 12k lower. Given, my order isnt close yet anyway, so doesn’t really matter. So here’s hoping the offer is when it’s time. I want the sales tax benefit.

Reactions: Great White
Image.png

My theory is they gave up on trying to push Xs in CA recently bc so low volume, and the car is still constantly changing. The fact that my EDD with VIN moved out to April, and Fremont is only focusing on delivering 3/Ys is a new thing. When Fremont said mgmt was being lenient with holds past 3/31 shocked me.

Supposedly, they are spending more time on QA with them. All these service centers are still learning about the refresh like they did when it was released Q415ish. It really is a new car and they can probably pump out 5 clean Ys in the time it takes to do the same for 1 X. I just made up those numbers.

Still curious about @DelPhonic1 rumor about a new bumper.
It was one of those on FB I believe, where the new refresh owner mentioned that the SA said there was an issue with some bumper build adjustment. It doesn't sound like it's anything noteworthy like "did I get the new matrix headlights?" But who knows...

I 100% agree!!!! I think everyone with a model X LR ordered before say May, should cancel their order now!!! If you all strike back at the Tesla Mothership, that will teach them and they will listen!!!!

....and I can get my model X sooner with you all out the way. 💪
There are approximately 30,000 MX orders and growing…waiting for delivery. Even if everyone in this forum cancel their order it would be just a rounding error.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Just got a call saying I can take delivery tomorrow (or even today) if I paid first. I told them I want to see the car first. They agreed but said I can only see the outside. How did you guys get them to open the doors to inspect inside before paying?

The rep also said its safer to bring a cashier check because its a weekend? Banks may not transfer on the weekend? I have my bank account setup already on the app, you guys think its really necessary to go and get a cashiers check?

This morning, got the push to schedule my delivery - set for March 29th. Car was "born" March 24th, according to the Fremont delivery center it is currently on a truck to SoCal...

Quick question, I know I am suppose to get a $2000 pre-refresh credit (not seen yet), but I also noticed the Cream interior color option jumped in price from my original order ($1,500) to a newer price of $2,000. So, does this mean I should expect a $2,500 credit? or just $2,000? Also, does this number come off the top, meaning it further reduces sales tax, DMV fees, etc... or is it more like a straight rebate?

Any help from people who went through this would be appreciated....
My pre-refresh credit showed up a couple days before delivery on one of the links to complete payment (I didn't pay til I see the car) before delivery, it lists the details, costs and total and shows the $2,000 credit.

Gook luck. I pick mine up tomorrow.

Just got a call saying I can take delivery tomorrow (or even today) if I paid first. I told them I want to see the car first. They agreed but said I can only see the outside. How did you guys get them to open the doors to inspect inside before paying?

The rep also said its safer to bring a cashier check because its a weekend? Banks may not transfer on the weekend? I have my bank account setup already on the app, you guys think its really necessary to go and get a cashiers check?
That’s ridiculous. They’ve got to let you inspect the car.

Wow, it’s at least closer in shape to my optimal EV SUV…

I wonder what the actual specs on the Lucid Gravity will be when it’s delivered (this is my first time hearing of it).

Will it be a legit big interior like an Escalade/Suburban/Tahoe?

Still, I want a real supercharger network, Lucid.
And yeah the two-tone faded old folks colors are ugleeeeee…
Wow this is the first I heard of the Gravity. Wait its pretty nice, I wanna like it. Except for that Boomer frown on it's backside which kills the vibe.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
This morning, got the push to schedule my delivery - set for March 29th. Car was "born" March 24th, according to the Fremont delivery center it is currently on a truck to SoCal...

Quick question, I know I am suppose to get a $2000 pre-refresh credit (not seen yet), but I also noticed the Cream interior color option jumped in price from my original order ($1,500) to a newer price of $2,000. So, does this mean I should expect a $2,500 credit? or just $2,000? Also, does this number come off the top, meaning it further reduces sales tax, DMV fees, etc... or is it more like a straight rebate?

Any help from people who went through this would be appreciated....
I’m in the same situation you are, but had not noticed the increase in the cream interior price. I have been on the phone with Tesla twice today because I am changing to a home delivery. I was told I needed to pay in full before they would schedule the carrier, but the final price shown in the Tesla app did not include the $2000 credit. Now I have been told that I just have to pay within 48 hours of the scheduled delivery by the carrier and that the credit will be reflected then. I’d appreciate if you would come back and let me know what happens to the $2000 credit plus the interior price. My model X is coming in to the Decatur Georgia store on March 28 and then being shipped to Florida where I live now, so it could take a week or two. Oh shoot, I just realize they are going to want to be paid before the end of the quarter. I am anticipating a few more phone calls will be required.