Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanting to change my MXLR/6 to a MXP/6 and now Kimberly Betts is taking over for Jorge?

Attachments

• 452F4C1A-F7A0-4743-86C2-F5BE68F6FF92.jpeg
    452F4C1A-F7A0-4743-86C2-F5BE68F6FF92.jpeg
    509.1 KB · Views: 111
How about barrelling down the interstate? I'm typically in the HOV, with 3 lanes to my right and a concrete divider on my left separating me from oncoming traffic. My lane goes beneath overpasses regularly. How does AP do?
In my experience phantom braking isn't really associated with overpasses. It is just pretty random. You essentially need to pay attention in AP and be prepared to give some throttle if it starts to brake hard when there is no reason to. I think mainly it is uncomfortable for the passengers. I know right away what is going on but my wife usually looks at me like "wtf are you doing" before she realizes i didn't do it.

So I was down by the Century City store on my way to lunch with my young adult kiddies. Lo and behold as I walked past the Tesla store, there sat a Model S Plaid. Wait a sec. I had to sit down in it, since it would be my first time sitting in a refresh. It felt amazing, and a big jump up in luxury 'feel' from my 2018 MX as many on this board have bore witness. Shockingly amazing bump up in luxury. Prob is, the black interior "spoke" to me. I've always had black interiors (except one) on my cars since I wrapped my Dodge Charger around a telephone pole back in the day. But I still just love the white PoP that the vegan leather seats in my 2018 invoke. And now this black interior felt so soooo good to me. It looks darker, starker, more luxuriant than previous years. And the yoke in this interior is more badass black instead of a more greyish yoke thats in the white interior too? Or at least it appears darker with the black seats background? Hmmmm. After lunch, I beelined to the store in Burbank and peeked in a number of refreshed S and a refresh X or two in the lot and in back. As I went back and forth peeking into black and white refresh interiors, the black doesn't seem to make the lines where the binnacle and center display stop and start, stand out to me. Hmmm.. I'm sure I looked pretty suspect peeking and darting between refreshes back there. Those two Tesla dudes in the back 'lot' area were very polite as they kicked me out. Sorry! So strange that I didn't pick up that the new refresh white interior, doesn't have the same pop as my 2018 white interior, with it's starkness and solid bright vegan leather white color that sticks out BOLD even thru the tinted Spectra Photosync windows whilst being framed in the exterior blue. The new white refresh perforated fabric, since they now have cooled seating, doesn't have that visual POP of my 2018 to me. Not that it is bad, it's just not what I prefer, now that I have models to take a look at. Moreover, I saw some stains on the white refresh fabric that didn't seem to be that easily wiped off and seemed more unsightly than a dirt rub on my 2018 smooth white seats would be, which always looked easily baby wiped away, and was. I then pored thru tons of Youtube vids that I had seen but didn't pay close attention to. Yep still feel the same.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but to make matters worse, my July EDD changed to March 27-April 17th that night seemingly as if they now know what I'm up to. How'd they know I was lurking in their back lot and they know it was me? So suddenly my delivery could be very soon.

Gat Damn. I have to change my order to the black interior. After more than a year wait! And I'm getting delivery dates? omfg. Pout. Curse. Did a Stro fall off a barstool. Cried like a lil' baby in a corner. And it was then I went into some sort of mourning phase. Eventually arms outstretched towards the heavens "Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! "

My way is that when I hit a big decision like this, I will surely have to sleep on it. Sure enough as always I woke up energized, jumped outta bed-- I'm on a mission.

I went thru my usual calling 3 or 4 locations and SA's to triple check it all, and had the same answer-- that I'd lose my year long place in line. You change your seat color and you get pushed back to October or later maybe 2023 delivery I'm so sorry. What is this!? After more than a yearlong wait!? Not ready to give up I remember getting some texts upon my 2nd refresh order. I tore thru my phone to the messages app and found that 2 month old thread where an intern wrote: "Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible". Well I'll be damn. Wrote back to them and asked what are the ramifications if I changed Plaid interior white to Plaid interior Blackity-Black Black. No response. Waited all day. Nothing. Bleakness and dark clouds started gathering as the hours slowly eked by.

24hrs later I received the intern reply text: "You wouldn't lose your place in line, no, do you want to change your car interior color? Please confirm". YES YES YES (Jumping up fists in the air) Eureka!!!! So now my car shows on the website the changed order to the black interior. And still has the same March 27 - April 17th EDD as it did the day before. Same price from before the hike and 2k less for the seats. What a fkng rollercoaster. Still no VIN yet, but I feel, like, like James Brown said. And I don't have my car yet but I'm thrilled to not be any worse off. If it switches back to October it switches. But for now, I celebrate.

Others on this thread haven't had as harrowing of an experience making their order changes since they updated their policy. But to me, the intern is your friend.

And I'm quite fortunate this is the worst of my problems.

I was going to order white but then I had this vision of a stranger going through all this angst about having ordered white and the reasons they wanted to change it to black. It now appears that was you after all. Thanks for helping me order the right color :D

In my experience phantom braking isn't really associated with overpasses. It is just pretty random. You essentially need to pay attention in AP and be prepared to give some throttle if it starts to brake hard when there is no reason to. I think mainly it is uncomfortable for the passengers. I know right away what is going on but my wife usually looks at me like "wtf are you doing" before she realizes i didn't do it.
Hmm, I think my wife will sadly remain convinced I "did it."

Just got a call saying I can take delivery tomorrow (or even today) if I paid first. I told them I want to see the car first. They agreed but said I can only see the outside. How did you guys get them to open the doors to inspect inside before paying?

The rep also said its safer to bring a cashier check because its a weekend? Banks may not transfer on the weekend? I have my bank account setup already on the app, you guys think its really necessary to go and get a cashiers check?

If you're using bank listed Plaid payment, then it verifies funds at the moment you make the payment even if it's the weekend. If your bank is not listed, and you choose manual ACH, I don't think they can verify funds on the spot.

In my case, I'm making a 2 hour trip in a car to go inspect my Plaid at the factory. Assuming it's all good, I don't actually plan to leave with it but rather come back the next day on the train to pick it up, so I'll be ok with it taking a day or two for ACH to clear. If I actually initiate the payment and accept, I don't think they'll give it away.

Reactions: Great White
24hrs later I received the intern reply text: "You wouldn't lose your place in line, no, do you want to change your car interior color? Please confirm". YES YES YES (Jumping up fists in the air) Eureka!!!! So now my car shows on the website the changed order to the black interior. And still has the same March 27 - April 17th EDD as it did the day before. Same price from before the hike and 2k less for the seats.
"Jorge" works his magic again.

So I was down by the Century City store on my way to lunch with my young adult kiddies. Lo and behold as I walked past the Tesla store, there sat a Model S Plaid. Wait a sec. I had to sit down in it, since it would be my first time sitting in a refresh. It felt amazing, and a big jump up in luxury 'feel' from my 2018 MX as many on this board have bore witness. Shockingly amazing bump up in luxury. Prob is, the black interior "spoke" to me. I've always had black interiors (except one) on my cars since I wrapped my Dodge Charger around a telephone pole back in the day. But I still just love the white PoP that the vegan leather seats in my 2018 invoke. And now this black interior felt so soooo good to me. It looks darker, starker, more luxuriant than previous years. And the yoke in this interior is more badass black instead of a more greyish yoke thats in the white interior too? Or at least it appears darker with the black seats background? Hmmmm. After lunch, I beelined to the store in Burbank and peeked in a number of refreshed S and a refresh X or two in the lot and in back. As I went back and forth peeking into black and white refresh interiors, the black doesn't seem to make the lines where the binnacle and center display stop and start, stand out to me. Hmmm.. I'm sure I looked pretty suspect peeking and darting between refreshes back there. Those two Tesla dudes in the back 'lot' area were very polite as they kicked me out. Sorry! So strange that I didn't pick up that the new refresh white interior, doesn't have the same pop as my 2018 white interior, with it's starkness and solid bright vegan leather white color that sticks out BOLD even thru the tinted Spectra Photosync windows whilst being framed in the exterior blue. The new white refresh perforated fabric, since they now have cooled seating, doesn't have that visual POP of my 2018 to me. Not that it is bad, it's just not what I prefer, now that I have models to take a look at. Moreover, I saw some stains on the white refresh fabric that didn't seem to be that easily wiped off and seemed more unsightly than a dirt rub on my 2018 smooth white seats would be, which always looked easily baby wiped away, and was. I then pored thru tons of Youtube vids that I had seen but didn't pay close attention to. Yep still feel the same.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but to make matters worse, my July EDD changed to March 27-April 17th that night seemingly as if they now know what I'm up to. How'd they know I was lurking in their back lot and they know it was me? Suddenly my delivery could be very soon.

Gat Damn. I have to change my order to the black interior. After more than a year wait! And I'm getting delivery dates? omfg. Pout. Curse. I pretty much did a Stro fall off a barstool. Cried like a lil' baby in a corner. And it was then I went into some sort of mourning phase. Eventually arms outstretched towards the heavens "Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! "

My way is that when I hit a big decision like this, I will surely have to sleep on it. Sure enough as always I woke up energized, jumped outta bed-- I'm on a mission.

I went thru my usual calling 3 or 4 locations and SA's to triple check it all, and had the same answer-- that I'd lose my year long place in line. You change your seat color and you get pushed back to October or later maybe 2023 delivery I'm so sorry. What is this!? After more than a yearlong wait!? Not ready to give up I remember getting some texts upon my 2nd refresh order. I tore thru my phone to the messages app and found that 2 month old thread where an intern wrote: "Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible". Well I'll be damn. Wrote back to them and asked what are the ramifications if I changed Plaid interior white to Plaid interior Blackity-Black Black. No response. Waited all day. Nothing. Bleakness and dark clouds started gathering as the hours slowly eked by.

24hrs later I received the intern reply text: "You wouldn't lose your place in line, no, do you want to change your car interior color? Please confirm". YES YES YES (Jumping up fists in the air) Eureka!!!! So now my car shows on the website the changed order to the black interior. And still has the same March 27 - April 17th EDD as it did the day before. Same price from before the hike and 2k less for the seats. What a fkng rollercoaster. Still no VIN yet, but I feel, like, like James Brown said. And I don't have my car yet but I'm thrilled to not be any worse off. If it switches back to October it switches. But for now, I celebrate.

Others on this thread haven't had as harrowing of an experience making their order changes since they updated their policy. But to me, the intern is your friend.

And I'm quite fortunate this is the worst of my problems.
GREAT WRITE UP! I think you should reconsider Blackity-Black Black interior and change to Cream... much more soothing than White or Black... 😁:cool::cool:

If you're using bank listed Plaid payment, then it verifies funds at the moment you make the payment even if it's the weekend. If your bank is not listed, and you choose manual ACH, I don't think they can verify funds on the spot.

In my case, I'm making a 2 hour trip in a car to go inspect my Plaid at the factory. Assuming it's all good, I don't actually plan to leave with it but rather come back the next day on the train to pick it up, so I'll be ok with it taking a day or two for ACH to clear. If I actually initiate the payment and accept, I don't think they'll give it away.
... Any excuse to see the car early... That's what I think you are doing! (It has crossed my mind to do the same...) 😁😁😁

My 'phantom braking' is not really phantom. The car wants to merge so it always wants to brake and sometimes very hard when doing so, when a tap on the accelerator would suffice and be 10x better. Eventually they'll fix that. Or when another is merging from the onramp and the car sees it. Or when there is a speed limit sign on an adjacent road that we pass. Or barreling down on an 18 wheeler which used to be scary to me when I was like 15. Or a sneaky, death defying cat. Or a meandering pedestrian. There usually way harder braking than necessary, but at least lately, I'm almost always able to determine the reason for the braking.

GREAT WRITE UP! I think you should reconsider Blackity-Black Black interior and change to Cream... much more soothing than White or Black... 😁:cool::cool:
oh yeah thanks and by the way, the refresh Creams I saw-- very luscious and luxurious interior color. It's the first time I've actually considering ordering a cream color on my own. There is even a blush hue in there. Very very nice.

Anyone knows if the trade in section in the order is pending affects anything? Texted Tesla 3 weeks ago to try to check trade in value for my car, they called me today and unlocked my trade in section to add a car…

When I first ordered it, they texted me saying “delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla account”, these are the exact words I received last May…

• Informative
Reactions: Great White
Forgive my ignorance, is that information derived from the VIN?
Another stupid question, what is MSM short for?

I'm guessing they got it from the sticker on the inside of the drivers door jamb. It lists the month and year of manufacture, VIN, and some other stuff I forgot.

MSM means Midnight Silver Metallic. Some people might call this "grey" (at least I would, if I didn't already know what it is). The Model X order tracking spreadsheet calls it "Silver", which is actually incorrect.

Bruce.

Picked up the car yesterday! 🎉 As everyone else mentioned, it's totally worth the wait! It's truly a great car! My impressions from the pickup experience:

1. Lost about $5,000 after being "blackmailed" by the salesperson that she would give away my VIN to someone else if I didn't pick up the car within 2 hours. This is just ridiculous because it took a day for me to process the payment. The problem here is that I had to agree with the high 5+% APR by Tesla Finance when I could wait till the next day to get 2+% APR by U.S. Bank. I didn't want to risk losing my $33,000 discount after losing the VIN, so I accepted the higher APR. The Tesla customer service is not just bad, it's on the edge of a crime.

2. The car was perfect. Don't believe people telling about the low quality of Tesla cars. Yes, some cars have terrible quality. But I'm sure the percentage of defects is very low. Some people reported missing parts, but I found extra parts in my car. Apparently, they changed some scratched elements during the quality inspection at the factory. By the way, the car was built just 3 days ago. That was fast!

3. It took a really hard pull to fold or recline the larger part of the backseat. The smaller part reclines very easily. Do you have the same issue with your 5 seater?

4. The location of the horn button is awful! I pressed it during all first turns. It got better by the end of the day though. The new yoke really requires getting used to it to drive safely. I hope this will not be an issue very soon. But it's hard to imagine giving the car to someone else who hasn't used the yoke before. I think you have to deactivate Auto Pilot before that to avoid accidental presses on the corresponding button.

View attachment 785770
I had the same problem with my delivery, I was forced because of time to accept a high 5+% APR with Tesla Finance in order to not lose the vehicle. I refinanced immediately and that's where the trouble started. I paid off the balance with Tesla but it took 6 weeks for Tesla to recognize the payoff. Luckily I had proof of payoff.
I am know waiting on the title and the new bank that refinanced the car has given me a time line ultimatum to get the title to them. Working with Tesla Finance is horrible and inefficient. I have spent hours on the phone. DON"T finance with Tesla Finance!!!