Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She’s all mine!!

Attachments

• C87062E4-5B58-41AA-AA8A-E9FD4E56FD13.jpeg
    C87062E4-5B58-41AA-AA8A-E9FD4E56FD13.jpeg
    889.4 KB · Views: 111
Can they adjust that FWD before you take delivery? The rear light condensation, if that’s what it is should be easily replaced by mobile service once the parts are available.
I OCD'd the daylights out of their just now and they took it back to have the "technicians" see what they can do...
They tried to have me accept before getting inside (which is perfect so far btw) but the most awesome young girl got me in before any paperwork or anything!
Now waiting, waiting, waiting...
Could be awhile

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
165 deliveries on the spreadsheet as of Thursday night.
181 deliveries up through today!

Quite an impressive delivery ramp lately!

Edit: 192 through next Thursday night. Make sure to enter/update your data!

Last edited:
Can we all agree that this is a crack in the roof glass? Again, the MXP I refused was a bit of a disaster…
Does it wipe off? I have the same thing on my model X Plaid, and I thought it was a scratch or crack initially. The FWD on that side is not aligned properly, and the rear seal gets smashed into the glass when the door is open. What looks like a crack is just rubber residue from the seal on the glass, and if that’s what it is, it should wipe off. I have a service center appointment tomorrow to try to get this fixed.

Uh, what? I'm not following this. We ALL KNOW that you can unlock the charger cable if the car has power... you are giving instructions on how to get power to the car. I'm just pointing out that WITHOUT POWER, you can't unlock it. Obviously if you don't have power and you jump it you can get it to unlock, because you have applied power to the system. So, what is the point of this argument you are trying to make?

It's one of those things that makes dealing with problems that much harder. I needed to tow the car but I couldn't unplug it from the wall. I don't want the tow truck guy to rip the car charger off while driving out of the driveway so it needed to be disconnected. But unlike most cars, Tesla has no manual "unpowered" ways to do much of anything. So your car is a total brick without power. That is the problem. In most cars, you can still get in and put it in neutral if your battery is dead, because you have an actual key. Tesla has gotten rid of so many logical things, and this is one of them. Even jumping the car requires an additional step beyond most other cars, you have to get the frunk open first. On most cars, you unlock the door and manually release the hood to get access to the battery. But on a Tesla you need electricity just to open the frunk when you have no power in order to get power to the battery.
Yeah unfortunately most all things are getting more complicated. It's a hard concept to continually grasp I know. Your phone doesn't work, you unplug it from the wall and plug it back in or use the replacement phone and plug it in-- but todays smartphone? Not so easy. Your TV doesn't work, you wrestle the rabbit ears. Today, there are more complex items at play. Your cars battery is now dead-- you pop the clutch whether you have help or not. Easy peasy though its death defying but normal and everybody does it. Today, maybe not as easy but you won't lose your life in the process. AAA will adapt because they will increasingly need to serve the transition. If they had already you'd be ok. Progress will be safer, but less simple in the long run for us, and It's graded on a curve.

Reactions: Jbell
Can we all agree that this is a crack in the roof glass? Again, the MXP I refused was a bit of a disaster…
It is plastic, marred by the FWD when fully opened. They should not touch. I’d ask for door alignment and replace damaged roof piece. My 2016 developed similar marks with use but did not start out damaged.

The hood is bent. Closed on a tool, perhaps? Not ok.

Reactions: shoveler
At the Irvine delivery center now.
How about some comments from the peanut gallery on these photos of my X before I accept delivery?
Well, they could not do anything for me today as far as corrections, everything after the delivery to be scheduled with SC, so I had to reject the car... Psych!!! No way I am rejecting my new X after 14th months of waiting and obsessing, for exterior cosmetic issues.
The interior is flawless from what I can tell so far.
I know Brian at the Lake Forest SC will take care of me, so I am not worried at all.
I love driving this car. It is so quiet, smooth and comfortable and the mix of features and tech is awesome. I will have so much fun discovering all the differences between my new X and my 2018 X.