Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I got so far:

- screen protector from abstract ocean

- key fob holder from amazon

- all weather floor mats from Tesmanian (backordered till May)

- nema 14-50 plug adapter

- Snap plate (my state requires front plate)

-Tesla wall charger

- Gel enhanced seat cushion from Tesmanian (mostly to use when I wear dark jeans)

- 1772 adapter lock

- black silicone case for E-Z pass tag... I plan on sticking it behind the screen and this makes it look black and less noticeable

That's all I have so far, but I'm sure there will be more lol.
Do you have links, especially for the adapter lock and the black silicone case for the EZ-pass? Thx

Reactions: croman
Got an SMS message from Tesla asking if I can pick-up in the next 1-3 days or I want to delay. Before that I got a call if there's any car to trade-in. No VIN yet tho.

Does that mean I am probably top of line and the first car produced is mine? I am hopeful but somewhat I feel like I am going to be disappointed. Did someone else had a similar experience with getting that SMS?
My EDD moved from July to April 4-25. About an hour ago I got a call asking if I had a car that I wanted to trade-in. I actually do have a car that I would like to trade-in but am not changing anything on my order till I get a vin.

Only that you can switch to a 5 or 6 seater without having your price bumped to the new levels.
I don't believe that anyone that has switched from 7 to 5/6 has gotten their car as of yet, but it may be something if one wants to give up the cargo/passenger flexibility of the 7 and see if they can get their car earlier. I am keeping my 7 order for now, but would be curious to know if anyone has gotten any earlier/more narrow 5/6 seat car estimate once switched from the 7!

Last edited:
My Jan 2021 5 seat order has eta of April 4-25 and has for a while. still no vin but hopefully the date range is true. It's great to see so many deliveries recently and I have a feeling 7 seat production will start soon! Especially impressed with quality recently, as my 2018 X has quite terrible gaps and alignment compared to the relatively minor issues seen on this forum. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

My Jan 2021 5 seat order has eta of April 4-25 and has for a while. still no vin but hopefully the date range is true. It's great to see so many deliveries recently and I have a feeling 7 seat production will start soon! Especially impressed with quality recently, as my 2018 X has quite terrible gaps and alignment compared to the relatively minor issues seen on this forum. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.
FWIW, the passenger side FWD on my 2022 Model X is misaligned by about 1/4" (6mm). It doesn't bug me but my friend pointed it out - will get it serviced when I get a chance.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Can anyone confirm the plaid price from Feb 2021

It was $119K

When did you order? Was it before August 1st? I had heard you could only change config and retain pricing if ordered after August 1st 2021.
If you ordered before August 1st you have to email Tesla to change it. Do not email your sales associate, mine said I couldn't make any changes without agreeing to current pricing. I emailed Jorge at [email protected] and he changed my order and kept my original base price intact.

Reactions: EV3_ and MacMac
Had home delivery of my X today. The car was solidly built and couldn’t find any serious flaws. Fit and finish looked great, everything is solidly built. Both FWDs were well aligned. The paint defect I previously reported is 95% better with detailing and the wrap will cover it anyway so I’m going to let it go. FYI, Tesla gives you up to 100 miles to report any cosmetic defects. I’m very happy with the car.

729609BD-EA8C-44E5-BDC7-412674113977.jpeg

There are less expensive versions of Lucid planned and may be available later this year or next with lower range [@400 miles]
Yes, and good future potential, but goes back to my first priority and that being able to actually acquire a vehicle in a reasonable timeframe, and that is no with Lucid, as anything I would order is years away from being available

Quick update on my MX LR that was 4 days old before having complete electrical failure....

Tesla ran diagnostics and found problems with the 12v battery (big surprise) and the rear drive unit inverter. They gave no explanation for what could have happened and why both of those components went bad simultaneously without any warning.

They estimate it will take 3 weeks to get it fixed. Which will mean I'll be making another payment on my loan before even getting my car back. And that's if they aren't late fixing it. Which, given the past year of pushbacks, would be really surprising. Fun stuff.

Quick update on my MX LR that was 4 days old before having complete electrical failure....

Tesla ran diagnostics and found problems with the 12v battery (big surprise) and the rear drive unit inverter. They gave no explanation for what could have happened and why both of those components went bad simultaneously without any warning.

They estimate it will take 3 weeks to get it fixed. Which will mean I'll be making another payment on my loan before even getting my car back. And that's if they aren't late fixing it. Which, given the past year of pushbacks, would be really surprising. Fun stuff.
Which SC? Bellevue seems really badly backed up, others less so.

Reactions: Great White