Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The roller coaster! :-(

“It looks like the internal matching/assessment team unmatched that Model X due to service being needed and the timeline being longer than expected for repairs to complete. They automatically put you on a prioritized list for the next vehicle to hit your account.”

Oh no!

Bruce.

Reactions: Elixir
So to dispel some of the weird info I've heard here. I rejected delivery of the MX Plaid (see previous post in this thread) and they immediately put me back on the list. I now have a new VIN assigned and ready for pickup (delay of only 4 days). Thus, to counter the info I've heard here: 1) no they didn't delay delivery 6+ months, 2) no the price did not bump up to the new pricing. This should give you some confidence to reject a car you don't feel is just right for you.

so they washed the car and etc beforehand? no significant issues in the interior and exterior it sounds like right? and when you say they fixed minor issues what did they fix on the spot? sorry for the questions I’m picking up in Irvine tomorrow!
half a dozen glue smudges on the white paint - came right off. Some dirt on the cream leather that wiped right off. Car was very clean (I was prepared for the worse, since it had rained really hard the night before.).

Just look at the rubber gaskets between falcon doors and roof - make sure the rubber is nice and smooth, not crimped or crushed - Mine were perfect, just advising you.

There was minor misalignment between the rear view mirrors and the little black plastic piece that's attached to the window (not a function issue, but just a look issue...) If you push on those pieces, you can feel that they are rubber mounted and move around a lot. Anyway, the service guys took it back to see if they can straighten it... nope... "it's within spec..." I might play with it myself or ask the body shop to look at it again to see if they can make it a better looking fit...

So to dispel some of the weird info I've heard here. I rejected delivery of the MX Plaid (see previous post in this thread) and they immediately put me back on the list. I now have a new VIN assigned and ready for pickup (delay of only 4 days). Thus, to counter the info I've heard here: 1) no they didn't delay delivery 6+ months, 2) no the price did not bump up to the new pricing. This should give you some confidence to reject a car you don't feel is just right for you.
Good luck with your new match

Didn't work for me. I escalated as high as I could go and never had it removed. So best of luck with removing it.
Weird, i removed mine no problem. Maybe they don't let you do it once you get a VIN? Although it still shouldn't be an issue since it is just software. Maybe annoying for them to update all the paperwork though.
The roller coaster! :-(

“It looks like the internal matching/assessment team unmatched that Model X due to service being needed and the timeline being longer than expected for repairs to complete. They automatically put you on a prioritized list for the next vehicle to hit your account.”
Lame! But maybe now is your chance to remove FSD :)

• Funny
Reactions: usctrojan98
Complete opposite over here lol... I was told come pick up the car.... when I arrive they wanted nothing to do with customers... It was like make your payment, get your car, fill out the paperwork and drop it off in a little bin outside the SC and get the F out.
What do you expect!?! You live in New Jersey! If you wanted a nice, touchy feely experience, you have to move to California! At the Irvine Delivery Center, in OC, they provided coffee and even big red bows to put on your car for photos!!! see attached - that's mine from yesterday!

😁😁😁

PS: Notice sunny weather, palm trees and the In-N-Out Burger in the background... Classic California Dreamin...

Attachments

• Tesla X with Bows.jpg
    Tesla X with Bows.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 90
By the way, while taking delivery yesterday, I asked one of the more senior advisors about who they sell the car to, if the original deal falls through. I specifically asked if they take an older order (like mine) and sold it to some higher valued new order (and skipping the people in between on their list). His answer was an emphatic no - that they just go down the list to whoever is next on their local list that has a similar / identical order...

I was kidding around about rejecting my car... and he said it would not last even 5 minutes before someone else snapped it up...

the 510 # for the Fremont folks definitely give conflicting info:
  • called them yesterday after getting a VIN just to see when the build date was; the guy said "you're car was just built today 3/28 and will undergo a rigorous inspection process before being shipped to SoCal"
  • called them just now b/c Irvine is already trying to schedule a pickup for tomorrow (how could the car be inspected within an hour and shipped off)
  • the lady looked up my VIN and said my car was actually made last Thurs 3/24 (not 3/28 like the guy said yesterday) - she also said "i don't know if they inspect all the vehicles, but i'm sure they do"
🤣😂
Apparently they don't because I picked up my Model X yesterday and it's got at least 15 items that need attention from interior fit and finish problems to mis aligned FWD's. They of course said some stuff is within tolerance but that's BS.

Reactions: iCeMaNxLb
Weird, i removed mine no problem. Maybe they don't let you do it once you get a VIN? Although it still shouldn't be an issue since it is just software. Maybe annoying for them to update all the paperwork though.

Lame! But maybe now is your chance to remove FSD :)
My account is in quite a limbo state. I see esign consent doc, delivery configuration, etc. like I am about to take delivery, but no VIN and no MVPA. I don't want to take a chance with trying to remove FSD, already have too many things in the air with my MYP cancellation (and waiting for down payment refund) and cancelling my loan wire/re-applying for a bigger loan while ensuring they reuse all my docs and stuff from existing app, etc.

Plus I just want the friggin' car :)