Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the first 7 seater that we know of? This guy took delivery today.

View attachment 788909
Last picture is from here. Taiwan showroom in the past. Yeah, it’s fools day.

Tesla Model X Plaid with seven seats and native CCS2 port unveiled in Taiwan D7D1F147-207F-473B-A0B2-4CC62CE9753D.png

Last edited:
OK better update...no April Fools jokes in here, just to be clear.

First, thanks to everyone who's contributed to the 1500 pages of this thread. Really helped to get the benefit of your experiences and perspectives.

High-order bit: The car is great.

Issues: I want the FWD alignment adjusted (both sides), although mechanically the doors seem OK (no signs of binding, seals are all intact and not pinched, etc. There is an intermittent problem with an ultrasonic sensor near the left rear of the car (on the left FWD?). This results in the car thinking there's sometimes an obstacle there, it's an issue for the FWD operation as well as AP (which I haven't actually tried yet). Of course I can't reproduce it on demand. On the inside of the FWDs, on both sides there's some random strip of fabric sticking between the seams. I'm going to do a service request for all of these items.

I ran through almost all the items on the checklist, and other than the issues above things look and feel good. Definitely nicer than my old Model S (OMG door pockets!!!).

Alright, delivery. Picking up a car during the EOQ push just sucks. At least at Fremont. It was really chaotic and noisy in the sales center (which I'm extra sensitive to, it turns out). But we got a great delivery person (her name is Amy and she's normally a sales associate at Walnut Creek). She helped us through some last-minute problems with paperwork and tracked down keys for us when we discovered they weren't in the car. It was getting late and I'd been on the go since 6AM (not even expecting to pick up a car), so we were pretty anxious to get out of there. That whole situation was sub-optimal to be sure. As I've written in other places, it was totally different from a 2015 pick-up experience, but I expected something like this.

We saw about a dozen Model X there, a both Plaid and LR. Didn't think to check seat configurations.

The car came with all the floor mats, and as far as we can tell all the accessories like mobile connector, towing stuff, etc. in the frunk.

Driving home was fun, although a little tricky because the windshield was really dirty (both inside and outside, I later realized). Also we didn't set up the mirrors correctly before starting to drive, and trying to figure out how to do this while driving at freeway speeds didn't seem like a good idea. Not a fan of moving even more controls to the touchscreen.

Other thoughts: The car has a nice feel. There's way more "stuff" in terms of functionality than my 2015 Model S. That plus a very different UI make for a slightly overwhelming experience. In that sense I feel like a n00b. Transitioning from a steering wheel to a yoke was almost a non-issue. Lack of turn signal and gear selector stalks will take a little longer to get used to (I've been switching between the new X and my old S today, and the difference is a little jarring). The new IC and MCU screens are great compared to 2015.

Need to finish writing up the service request (to get it under the 100 mile / 24 hour limit for cosmetic fixes, another change from 2015). A local Tesla owners group is having a meet-up at the Vallejo service center tomorrow morning, might take my car over there and see if I can learn some stuff.

Once again thanks to everyone on this thread for their information and support. For those of you still waiting, keep the faith and hang in there!

Bruce.

Hello all, I wanted to let everyone know I picked up my MXP this Tuesday and it was near perfect. Some small stickers around, but otherwise clean and amazing. I’ve been a Mercedes amg guy for years. This model X surpasses my expectations. Those soft close doors are great. Wish they were on my MSP.
ordered last August, worth the wait.
all the best
Can you give us a review versus your AMG years? Happy to hear that it was in great shape!

Who knows? Pictures and evidence would need to happen to believe it. Still August for me as well. The question is whether there's a 5 seater that could be imported or not. If not, it's still a full quarter away at best.
I just hope this is not some April fool joke. After a long time I heard some updates on Canadian orders. Please post the picture whoever received the update to April. I am already sick and tired of waiting and not in mood for April fool jokes.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Good deal on adding the FSD. I’ve never had it on my order. Can I add it and then cancel it once I have a VIN?
I personally wouldn’t cancel it until it’s on the truck on route. Unless you’re picking up in Fremont. I literally went to the delivery center spoke to the delivery team and told them when the car arrives I want FSD taken off. My car arrived on the 28th and I picked up on the 31st. They actually took it off I believe on the 26th. But you want to have it done by a Tesla employee at a service center or at a delivery center. Don’t do it over the phone. Just my advice.