Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, this was probably inevitable and I’m not surprised. As much as this will anger current Tesla owners it will not result in a drop in vehicle sales, and the people who don’t populate Tesla groups like this one will just shrug their shoulders and shell out $400 (or whatever the cost) for the charger cable kit when they buy the car (if they need it). Tesla will likely just add various charging options as check box upgrades when you place the initial order for the car so purchasers can select what best suits their needs.

I tend to agree. This will be a non-issue in a few weeks. This is similar to the MY not having Homelink or (for a lot of manufacturers) removing spare tire.

Tesla won’t lower the price, but would argue the move avoided a price increase.

It will impact the unprepared new/first time buyer that hasn’t installed a home charger yet.

Maybe a new business model…. Renting mobile chargers. 😀

Reactions: goldenage
Happy Easter everyone!

Just a quick post to express my appreciation for this forum and the conversation over the past few months. While sometimes the info here may cause anxiety, it certainly also has helped keep me sane. I feel sorry for those X reservation holders who have not found TMC! Imagine being in the dark depending on Tesla for news / information on their order.😅😒

While I am disappointed deliveries have slowed down, I have enjoyed the slower light reading here. I used to come home to 10+ pages of unread posts, most of which said "July!". Post quality has increased this month.

A friendly reminder as always to update your data! 😄
Happy Easter!

One of my friends is a SA, and they do have access to some internal website where new internal info/update are posted. It’s true that some SAs are just too busy/lazy to read.
Like what? It can’t be anything significant bc that is walled off. Like getting ready for impending recall notices maybe, l such as the famous 4/15 one.

I’ve never heard of a single instance of an SA leaking anything that hadn’t already been a rumor.

Leaks are severely combated on Reddit. RIP @bigteslaguy on Reddit, who basically leaked everything about the plaid and some changes to M3/MY. Surely was an employee in engineering or design that got canned.

Electrek.co: Tesla goes full Apple and stops delivering cars with included charging hardware, now sold separately.

So the only real issue is if they stop including it on orders placed previous to the announcement. The order agreement for past orders doesn't state the inclusion of the mobile charger but since it has always been included it would be wrong to change what folks are getting for existing orders.

For orders that haven't been placed, this is simply a price increase with decoupling. I have an extra mobile charger so I didn't really need the one I got with the MXP as I have my original 40 amp mobile unit. If I ordered today I'd probably not spend the extra to get the charger.

For PR, what Tesla should have done is wait for another price increase. Announce increased prices, like they did in March, then a week later reduce all prices by $400 and make the mobile charger optional for $400. It would be exactly what they've done now but the optics would be far better.

I guess Tesla have charging logs for all of their cars, they would definitely know when people used mobile charging adapter. That's why Elon said they have statistics.
Yeah, because, you know, being under quarantine for 2 years is clearly going to reflect usage under a slew of variables that aren't being tracked or are being negated - let alone even asking people what their preference would be. 🤣

Reactions: 1pinhigh and Elixir
Just looked in the back and is the tow hitch included for free???? Saw a second tesla zip bag besides the standard one that has the charger and didn’t know what it was. Opened it up and there’s a tow hitch that I definitely did not pay for.

The hitch itself is bolted to the frame of every model X. The receiver is the thing in the bag that plugs into port on the hitch. You have to provide the drawbar and ball yourself. A standard 7 pin electrical hookup is also there. A 4 pin pigtail, ($4 from Tesla) that plugs in under the dash (to the lower left of the yoke), allows you to hookup the brake controller of your choice if you have a trailer with electric brakes.

Reactions: DelPhonic1 and UCF3
Has anyone tried tsportsline carbon fiber mud flaps on their MX? Any review will be appreciated.

Happy Easter everyone!

Just a quick post to express my appreciation for this forum and the conversation over the past few months. While sometimes the info here may cause anxiety, it certainly also has helped keep me sane. I feel sorry for those X reservation holders who have not found TMC! Imagine being in the dark depending on Tesla for news / information on their order.😅😒

While I am disappointed deliveries have slowed down, I have enjoyed the slower light reading here. I used to come home to 10+ pages of unread posts, most of which said "July!". Post quality has increased this month.

A friendly reminder as always to update your data! 😄
Happy Easter!
Updated mine and deleted a duplicate.

So the only real issue is if they stop including it on orders placed previous to the announcement. The order agreement for past orders doesn't state the inclusion of the mobile charger but since it has always been included it would be wrong to change what folks are getting for existing orders.

For orders that haven't been placed, this is simply a price increase with decoupling. I have an extra mobile charger so I didn't really need the one I got with the MXP as I have my original 40 amp mobile unit. If I ordered today I'd probably not spend the extra to get the charger.

For PR, what Tesla should have done is wait for another price increase. Announce increased prices, like they did in March, then a week later reduce all prices by $400 and make the mobile charger optional for $400. It would be exactly what they've done now but the optics would be far better.

I'm confident there is another price increase coming this quarter.

Anyone that has a delivery upcoming delivery date check your delivery configuration and see if you vin is there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220416-202945_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220416-202945_Samsung Notes.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 97
HI all,

I stumbled across this forum when I was searching online for any information why I had not heard from Tesla in 8+ months since my order. Your posts have been very educational to me as a first-time Tesla buyer. Thank you all for your great insight and information. Until now, I have had nothing of value to contribute, so I have stayed a quiet observer. But that changed the other day. I received a date range a few days ago (April 28-May 19).

My order info is as follows (I don't want to mess up the spreadsheet, so if someone who is good with that can enter this, I would appreciate it):

Original order date - 5/1/21
EDD started at October-Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb-March-July to 4/28-5/19 (
Model X LR
Northern VA/Washington DC area
Black/Black
20" wheels
7 Seater (yes, you read that right, that is why I thought I had something valuable to contribute finally)
Full FSD
Cash sale
No trade in (although I may ask once I get a VIN and an appointment)

No VIN yet, and the date range has stayed steady since I got it 4-5 days ago.

Hope all that helps.