Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my mobile charger's S/N is 123XXX and there's gaps between the button and the silver panel, is this within spec? 🤣
I’m starting my first year’s wait for my mobile charger. Looking forward to Charger-VINning.

My mobile charger SA told me the delay means something exciting is coming to the mobile chargers, but wouldn’t say what.

Typically, mobile charger deliveries begin on the East Coast early in the first quarter.

Personally, I love the new mobile charger cord style. Some people say it’s horrible and you’ve gotta do this totally awkward hand-over-hand to manage it.

Don’t get too worried about mobile chargers from the forum posts. Most people mobile charge off into the sunset and only a few with problems post all about it in forums.

🤣

Beyond unhappy. They haven’t fixed anything listed in my delivery issues checklist. No FSD invite even though I’ve had 99 since February. I wish I hadn’t purchased this car but it is what it is. I just want what I paid for.
you were generally very optimistic about the X and unfortunately you are one of many who are unhappy (although i'm sure there are many more who just don't admit it)
is there a reason you're not selling it and make some profit on the way?

If my X, once arrives is not in A PERFECT condition, it's being listed for Sale faster than my wife finding ways to max out our CC

BTW the newly reveled EQS SUV looks pretty sweet! soon i'll have so many car orders...X, Cybertruck, iX, hummer ev and soon EQS SUV...just orders for now...may the best EV wins my pink printed check

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but you're missing so many fundamentals:
  • Another $200 would be a 0.23% increase on your $87k purchase. For today's price, it's <0.15%. Orders of magnitude matter. Tesla does NOT care about this added revenue. If they need to boost margins, it's going to always be a change in the $1000's (or $10k's). Not $100's. $200 is just noise when pricing a product like this, and I'll gladly die on this hill.
  • Whether we like it or not, this change was absolutely to do with reducing waste (and likely supply chain). That is absolutely in-line with the "mission".
  • You bought a Model X. It's literally the most expensive car that Tesla makes. It's ridiculous. If a new buyer bails after seeing a $200 option for a mobile charger on their order page (again, this doesn't affect existing orders), then the Model X is absolutely the wrong car for them. The Model Y is an infinitely more pragmatic purchase.
  • I'd probably have to punt at today's price too, but "the mission" is to increase EV adoption: these cars are *deeply* desired. Tesla is already 100% supply-constrained. "The mission" is arguably being executed as well as it possibly can.
My man, I feel you. But your feedback seems more inline with a stock holders perspective and I’m a simple customer. I bought an over priced electric SUV at it’s lowest price because I wanted to replace my ICE Ford Explorer. I needed an SUV and when I ordered in 2020, Tesla was the only real game in town. I want everyone in an ICE SUV to buy a EV SUV. If I hadn’t been in line for a Model X, I would have considered a Rivian R1S.

I wouldn’t say they are deeply desired. If you make less of something people want/ need you always look “desired”. If Tesla made the X at the volume as the Y the wait would be gone in 2 quarters and then they would have a surplus and would start lowering the price just like in 2020.

Just wanted to share my Model X Plaid order experience so far.

I placed the initial order on June 17th, 2021. My expected delivery date was December 2021.

In December, the delivery date changed to January 2022.

In January, the delivery date changed to February 2022.

In February, the delivery date changed to March 2022.

In March, the delivery date changed to July 2022.

In early April, the delivery date changed to April 19th to April 27th

In mid April, the delivery date changed to July 2022.

On April 17th, I received a text message saying my VIN was ready! I logged into the app, and sure enough, there was the VIN. I immediately started getting insurance on the vehicle.

On April 18th, I logged back in an the VIN was GONE! It was back to saying "We'll reach out to you when your VIN is assigned".

I messaged my Tesla advisor and asked WTF was going on, and they called me back saying there was a "parts issue" at the factory and that the delivery will be delayed "at least a few weeks"m but they have no real ETA. Had to cancel the insurance I got.

The website now says estimated delivery July 2022.

What a frustratingly wild ride this has been.
Yeah, April 2021 order, past a year now. Had a VIN for over a week and a delivery appointment. I also lined up insurance right before losing the VIN due to “logistics glitch in delivery” which I interpreted as couldn’t get it transported to my state before EofQ.

I would suggest not getting insurance until the car is actually in your driveway. In most states you have 30 days to flip insurance over anyway. There is no need to be early.
In TX we had to have insurance specifically for the VIN effective a few days before the delivery appointment in order for them to be able to get the temporary tags.

Probably also needed for them to do the state inspection which was included on the invoice.

In the insurance FAQ Tesla lists several states where you can’t use your old insurance and TX is one of them.

Last edited:
When I has my M3 delivered 03-2021 I had to have proof of insurance before they would deliver it. Are the rules different if you do pick-up or is this a per state thing?
It’s a state thing. There are several states where you must have the insurance for the specific VIN to be delivered ahead of time, and that’s what you must upload.

Beyond unhappy. They haven’t fixed anything listed in my delivery issues checklist. No FSD invite even though I’ve had 99 since February. I wish I hadn’t purchased this car but it is what it is. I just want what I paid for.
Pretty much why I’ve stopped even checking my edd. Spoke with a guy at a Starbucks a few weeks back who had picked up a plaid x earlier in the year and he was showing me all the interior and exterior issues and is still trying to get service to fix. I’m not even sure I want it anymore. If it wasn’t for the locked in price I would have walked.

Reactions: coco135
Has anyone that's taken delivery in 2022 received an invite for FSD yet?
There is no invitation for FSD of any kind.
FSD will be pushed to you when it's your turn as a regular software update.
It took 3 months for me from the day I requested to get FSD pushed.
My score was around 98.
Recent Elon interview with TED said that Tesla has more 100K FSD beta testers now which means it may take longer time for new enrollment.

Pretty much why I’ve stopped even checking my edd. Spoke with a guy at a Starbucks a few weeks back who had picked up a plaid x earlier in the year and he was showing me all the interior and exterior issues and is still trying to get service to fix. I’m not even sure I want it anymore. If it wasn’t for the locked in price I would have walked.
You nailed it. If not for the locked in price, I won’t bother. The current price to value (quality, customer experience etc) is not justifiable at all. If not for the fanatic followers, a company with shoddy quality and customer service won’t survive.

You nailed it. If not for the locked in price, I won’t bother. The current price to value (quality, customer experience etc) is not justifiable at all. If not for the fanatic followers, a company with shoddy quality and customer service won’t survive.
This simply isn’t true for Tesla. They delivered 940k or something like that. They’re is no chance there is millions of fanatics that would accept anything.

This simply isn’t true for Tesla. They delivered 940k or something like that. They’re is no chance there is millions of fanatics that would accept anything.
Oh my friend you are wrong! the iphone 4 was sold like there's no tomorrow even when everyone knew it had the worst reception out of any smartphone just due to lack of options and fanatic followers.
At least 1 of the above is being changed pretty rapidly.

you were generally very optimistic about the X and unfortunately you are one of many who are unhappy (although i'm sure there are many more who just don't admit it)
is there a reason you're not selling it and make some profit on the way?

If my X, once arrives is not in A PERFECT condition, it's being listed for Sale faster than my wife finding ways to max out our CC

BTW the newly reveled EQS SUV looks pretty sweet! soon i'll have so many car orders...X, Cybertruck, iX, hummer ev and soon EQS SUV...just orders for now...may the best EV wins my pink printed check
I think you can only wish to find A PREFECT one or you don't admit that it is not PERFECT.

• Love
Reactions: sorka
I think you can only wish to find A PREFECT one or you don't admit that it is not PERFECT.
you're most likely/definitely/ unfortunately correct.

and still we're all here waiting.

You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

I'm to blame being part of the thousands but not at any price or quality.