Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have changed my config twice in the ~30 days (original order June 4, 2021). The first change was from the black exterior to the white exterior. The second was to change from the 7-seater to the 6-seater config. Still stuck in July placeholder limbo.
Thanks for the info. I’m hoping mine doesn’t change drastically. I had a vin and was waiting to schedule delivery and then released it and change design completely.

RN1153. VINned 10 days ago and EDD became TBD since then. This is the first message I've ever received from Tesla since placed the order online (no SA)...

1650559448871.png

Last edited:
Agreed. People need to stop making excuses. As you say, other manufacturers have figured this out. It would be simple to hire some people from those places and let them create the processes inside Tesla to build high quality vehicles. Same goes for their non-existent software QA. Again, they are in the Bay Area/Austin. They could find decent Software Engineering people that could processes into place to turn out high quality software. Bad QA/QC is a CHOICE that Tesla has made.
Furthermore, for one of the most successful and profitable companies in human history, it's mind-boggling why they don't spend a few hundred thousand dollars per year (literally the cost of like 3-4 Model Xs) to hire a small team of public relations professionals to help deal with all the problems Tesla is experiencing with this refresh! Honestly, I have zero communications training and I could've crafted an e-mail without hardly trying that would've satisfied myself explaining the delays in deliveries/inaccurate estimates of delivery/lost VINS/QC issues.
For all the money they save in advertising, they can easily hire a small team and satisfy A LOT of high-paying customers.

Furthermore, for one of the most successful and profitable companies in human history, it's mind-boggling why they don't spend a few hundred thousand dollars per year (literally the cost of like 3-4 Model Xs) to hire a small team of public relations professionals to help deal with all the problems Tesla is experiencing with this refresh! Honestly, I have zero communications training and I could've crafted an e-mail without hardly trying that would've satisfied myself explaining the delays in deliveries/inaccurate estimates of delivery/lost VINS/QC issues.
For all the money they save in advertising, they can easily hire a small team and satisfy A LOT of high-paying customers.
Because they'd rather spend every single penny of that on more R&D. And I'd rather they do that as well.

I don't need to be convinced that the car is going to be good, or that it's going to eventually get built. Just build me a solid car.

Agreed. People need to stop making excuses. As you say, other manufacturers have figured this out. It would be simple to hire some people from those places and let them create the processes inside Tesla to build high quality vehicles. Same goes for their non-existent software QA. Again, they are in the Bay Area/Austin. They could find decent Software Engineering people that could processes into place to turn out high quality software. Bad QA/QC is a CHOICE that Tesla has made.
I doubt that Tesla builds "low quality" software and vehicles.
Most of complaints and rejects for Tesla are external panel gaps and fitment which is cosmetic issue they have been on going for a long time. Of course, I do agree they need to find a way somehow to improve those panels assembly.
Then I'm curious whether those panels are assembled by robots or by human. Maybe whoever visit their factories have the answers.

Last edited:
For all the money they save in advertising, they can easily hire a small team and satisfy A LOT of high-paying customers.,
I have to believe as the EV market matures and competition increases they will have to do something to improve the quality of new car builds and customer service. Their cavalier "take or leave it" attitude toward customers will eventually catch up to them and customers will choose to no longer put up with the nonsense. They also need to hire process improvement experts to do something, anything about the dismal delivery process. For the life of me, I can't come up with a single reason that someone would get their car before those that ordered a full year before them. We've all seen that happen and it's soul crushing for those that have orders well in excess of a year ago...

I have to believe as the EV market matures and competition increases they will have to do something to improve the quality of new car builds and customer service. Their cavalier "take or leave it" attitude toward customers will eventually catch up to them and customers will choose to no longer put up with the nonsense. They also need to hire process improvement experts to do something, anything about the dismal delivery process. For the life of me, I can't come up with a single reason that someone would get their car before those that ordered a full year before them. We've all seen that happen and it's soul crushing for those that have orders well in excess of a year ago...
True. I can already see that in 2023/24, customer will have a wide range of high quality tops with excellent range and track record of excellent quality and customer service.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Folks,
So my Tesla Saga continues and as with every other Tesla purchase experience, I really despise Tesla during these phases. It has now been almost 20+ days of shifting delivery window after being assigned a VIN. It has shifted 20x times. Calling the number and text leads to nothing except the promise of a follow up but no one ever does. They cannot even tell me what the hold up is or what the status of my car is.
Is anyone else in the same boat? Extremely frustrating.
Hi folks,
If you have been following the saga of ever shifting delivery dates after getting a VIN assignment on March 22, finally positive news! After countless calls into a proverbial black hole, finally a SA was able to nudge/shame the delivery team into calling me back and lone behold, I am getting delivery on Saturday. Fingers crossed that it all goes well. It seems that the factory containment has been lifted (or so the say). Will keep you all posted.

Hi folks,
If you have been following the saga of ever shifting delivery dates after getting a VIN assignment on March 22, finally positive news! After countless calls into a proverbial black hole, finally a SA was able to nudge/shame the delivery team into calling me back and lone behold, I am getting delivery on Saturday. Fingers crossed that it all goes well. It seems that the factory containment has been lifted (or so the say). Will keep you all posted.
Factory containment? Also, what's your VIN (first 4 nums only is fine)?

Reactions: DelPhonic1