Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow very nice 👍. How do you keep the black exterior shiny?
It’s called child labor disguised as parenting 🤷🏿‍♂️
204B26F8-9CC8-4AC8-B9FD-9BE923D9FC6E.jpg
My 6 year old son apparently wants to own a car cleaning service when he gets older. So as a reward for getting “a green apple” award in school, I let him pressure wash and detail the car once a week 🤣

Well this would show that you place absolutely no value on order date. I would think that most people would expect that if they ordered a car months or even a year before someone else that they ought to get it first, and believe it or not most people probably believe that someone who ordered in January would get their car before someone in February. That February orders would come before March etc. Of course there would be some variations based on location and batch manufacturing. The fact that there are any Dec 2020 or January 2021 orders left undelivered while thousands with much later dates have been delivered shows that indeed they have been deprioritized. Next time before you throw shade on someone else, you may want to consider your own “misleading” data and consider if you are including all data and factors. You can do better
While I didn't count every one, a quick glance at the spreadsheet looks like deliveries for the earlier ones posted are looking pretty filled in now.

EDD pushed back to May 27 - 31. VIN still there. Called Tesla and was told vehicle still in California waiting for transport. ~2 weeks to deliver from west coast to east coast. Is there still a truck driver shortage?
There will be a growing truck driver shortage through this decade. That's not it. It takes 2 weeks to get a new vehicle from Fremont to the East. There were no shortages when I took delivery of my first Tesla in 2017; it took 2 weeks to get from there to here in the SE. Physics!

There is a 2/2022 Plaid available locally from a dealer. Other than the motorized tilting center touchscreen and potential matrix lights, what are the differences between this one and waiting (current EDD is October 2022)? I am reasonably certain the Tesla would honor the warranty and Service it as required? Any feedback would be apreciated.

It’s called child labor disguised as parenting 🤷🏿‍♂️ View attachment 804203My 6 year old son apparently wants to own a car cleaning service when he gets older. So as a reward for getting “a green apple” award in school, I let him pressure wash and detail the car once a week 🤣

Teach him how to apply PPF and ceramic. That's where the real money is...

There is a 2/2022 Plaid available locally from a dealer. Other than the motorized tilting center touchscreen and potential matrix lights, what are the differences between this one and waiting (current EDD is October 2022)? I am reasonably certain the Tesla would honor the warranty and Service it as required? Any feedback would be apreciated.
You will loose FSD, if the care has it, and probably the years worth of free connectivity.

I'd be cautious of used car dealers. They know little about Tesla cars. The only advantage is they usually will let you inspect, unlike the bums rush you get at a Tesla delivery location.

Well, I’ve given this matrix headlight thing some thought. I was debating on it would be worth delaying.
I honestly don’t think so.
I see myself keeping my Model X 4 years tops, and I’ll likely want the latest and greatest. At that point I feel like the software for them to actually operate as matrix lights still won’t be 100% so it won’t really be worth the wait.

I’ll just take what I get.
My first Model Y didn’t have matrix, and they really weren’t that bad. Plus I’ve had the model Y almost a year now, no sign of them actually operating as matrix.
If they’re as good as my Y then they’re so much better, even without the software

You will loose FSD, if the care has it, and probably the years worth of free connectivity.

I'd be cautious of used car dealers. They know little about Tesla cars. The only advantage is they usually will let you inspect, unlike the bums rush you get at a Tesla delivery location.
Tesla does not remove FSD from a car sold through a third party. They apparently have done it when they take / buy back the car and resell it, but if they deactivated FSD on a car that never passed through their hands then that would be illegal.

Reactions: neo1738
I'd check to be sure. The certainly have removed FUSC when car was sold though a third party.
Yes, because FUSC was explicitly something that went to the first owner. That was in the paperwork. FSD goes with the car. I'm not sure, but I believe the first year of Premium Connectivity also goes with the car and not the owner.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked that and FUSC also transfers with the car.
1652564431958.png

Yes, because FSUC was explicitly something that went to the first owner. That was in the paperwork. FSD goes with the car. I'm not sure, but I believe the first year of Premium Connectivity also goes with the car and not the owner.
It's tricky. My FUSC is for the life of the car. Later cars not always the case.

If dealing with a third party dealer, best to get it in writing.

Yes, because FUSC was explicitly something that went to the first owner. That was in the paperwork. FSD goes with the car. I'm not sure, but I believe the first year of Premium Connectivity also goes with the car and not the owner.

View attachment 804323

It's tricky. My FUSC is for the life of the car. Later cars not always the case.

If dealing with a third party dealer, best to get it in writing.
If the vehicle was originally sold with code SC01, that is free SuperCharging for life of the vehicle, irrespective of owner. If it is SC05, the free SuperCharging is for the original owner only. Once the account change happens, the SC05 turns into SC04, which is pay as you go SuperCharging.

When buying a used Tesla, if you are very very nice and have a good relationship with a service or sales advisor, they can give you the code by the VIN #.

View attachment 804323
I don't know the exact date but transferable FUSC ended for new cars purchased after a certain date. I bought a 2020 MX and while I had FUSC it was specifically not transferable (and Tesla made that very clear in the documentation).

• Informative
Reactions: focher
Well I just added my model X to the stable. I was apprehensive about delivery hearing many horror stories. I am pleased to say I had a great experience (other than the long wait). Once I received an EDD with a date range, it never changed. The car was ready exactly when it was scheduled for pickup. I haven’t had it long, so something may yet surprise me. However, I didn’t find any panel gap issues, lose items, scratches, chips or paint problems. The car was clean and spotless. So far I really couldn’t be happier with the car’s condition.

The VIN is 7SAXCDE56NF341XXX. I haven’t figured out where it says when it was built. It came with the charging cable, trailer hitch, and all the floor mats. It has the tilting screen, but does NOT have matrix headlights.

I was VERY impressed with the SA. I’ve never owned a Tesla, so the SA walked me through everything spending 2.5 hours with me. The SA even helped me with the checklist. The paperwork aspect took less than 5 minutes. I hesitate to say it was worth the wait, but it certainly appears they’ve worked through many of the QC issues.

As a new owner I’ve been learning (and playing) with many features. My biggest surprise so far was the autopark. When I pulled into my driveway I had 2 cars already parked near the garage door. I had 2 other cars parked in the 3-car garage. I said I’d have to move the other cars because it was a tight maneuver to get into the garage. However, my wife pointed out that the autopark feature popped up on the screen. I said the geometry is too difficult, it will never park itself. She said “give it a try”, so I did. To my amazement it whipped the car around and backed right into the garage. I almost had to close my eyes!

So far, I’m very pleased. I’ll provide a update later whether I’m still happy or if I discover something. BTW, I’m glad I ordered LR rather than Plaid. My family’s already mad at me for the fast acceleration and I didn’t even have the pedal down all the way.