Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like FSD beta will reopen in June.

Hi all;

Lurker from the MS delivery thread. Getting a little boring over there since most of the early orders all have cars.

After 18 months, and an unexpected 8 month slip to EDD, It occurred to me I should hedge my bets.

Cancelled CT Tri-motor, Ordered an MX LR 5 seat today. White/White/Walnut/20"/HellnoFSD.

Looking forward for some more therapy, Hopefully, less than 18 more months though.
What is the EDD on your new MXLR order?

Looks like FSD beta will reopen in June.

I may need to drive my new car for a couple of weeks of launches before driving like grandma @Stro.

Hi all;

Lurker from the MS delivery thread. Getting a little boring over there since most of the early orders all have cars.

After 18 months, and an unexpected 8 month slip to EDD, It occurred to me I should hedge my bets.

Cancelled CT Tri-motor, Ordered an MX LR 5 seat today. White/White/Walnut/20"/HellnoFSD.

Looking forward for some more therapy, Hopefully, less than 18 more months though.
I ordered an S several months ago to hedge my bet on the MXLR I ordered over a year ago. EDD on the S is July 20-September 14. MXLR is July. I’m pretty sure the MX will get vinned first, but we’ll see. Welcome to the group!

Reactions: BonB and aerodyne
Driving north on I-75 out of Florida today. Saw two car carriers fully loaded with Teslas heading south. I only got a quick glance, but I saw at least one white Model X on the first truck. Hopefully there were others on both trucks heading to members of this forum!
Hopefully the white one is mine! I was supposed to take delivery in Tampa this Sunday but in true Tesla fashion my delivery was moved back to Friday 5/20. I did receive confirmation that my X was on a truck yesterday heading south from Birmingham AL so it should be here by the new delivery date.

MXLR White/White 22" wheels/ FSD
VIN: 3416xx

just wanna say the automatic doors on the X open entirely too slow 😒 then if you try to pull it open its super hard to open like the door be resisting for like 1.5 seconds then it lets loose and you can finish pulling it open. Super super annoying. I hate looking like the fool standing their for a few seconds waiting for his door to open lol. Nice feature but should be a tad bit faster. Or looking like the fool trying to pry his door open 😂
I know. They are cool, but kinda annoying. When I picked my youngest up at practice or school in my P100D, I think he was a little embarrassed cause they were gaudy. On the other hand, they are amazing for my mother-in-law with limited mobility. So easy for her to get in.

I think the posts above are blending two different problems as shown in the photo below.

Problem area #1 mentioned by @Hephaestus has been around for many years and has frustrated many Tesla owners with disappearing credit cards, etc. The only solution seems to be both aware of the problem and be cautious where you lay things.

Problem area #2 as mentioned by @mobilesuit818 is the area between the seat and the center armrest/console and has been a problem in almost all vehicles since horse and buggy days. A random Amazon solution link is below the photo (I haven't bought or reviewed this, I just linked the first one I found).

View attachment 803780
Bingo on #2 and the Amazon link...its pricey but I have crushed a few different phones sliding the seat back and forth, some how it gets wedged onto the track...

• Informative
Reactions: AudreyHTX1
I also got a date range this morning instead of “July”. Same date range 5/26-6/16. No VIN yet.
I forgot to add my EDD saga which I suppose I should add to my signature - the abbreviated version, of course.

I received a VIN “out of the blue” on Mar 16 with an EDD of Mar 28-31 instead of the long time July. I was among the first batch of refreshed MX 5 seaters reported here. Set up delivery appointment for Mar 29. Then a week later - some problem, delivery pushed back to April 1-7. Then on Mar 25 - “sorry, no longer your VIN, but you haven’t lost your priority/position in the queue and will get a new VIN soon!” EDD went back to July a few days later. Final query, I should get a new VIN in “the first few weeks of April”. Well that didn’t happen. But maybe this time is a charm? Knock on wood!

Reactions: JBTMX
Dear Vinner(s),
Please help us by update the order tracking

Thanks.

I ordered an S several months ago to hedge my bet on the MXLR I ordered over a year ago. EDD on the S is July 20-September 14. MXLR is July. I’m pretty sure the MX will get vinned first, but we’ll see. Welcome to the group!
I did the same and ordered MSLR on February 15th even though I had an existing MXLR ordered from June 2021 with a July 2022 EDD. Our MSLR arrived 6 weeks later in April.

It turns out that someone couldn’t get financing on their Model S, and another person with the same specs didn’t pick up the phone. So they called me and I picked it up the next day at the Sacramento service center. The lesson I learned is just to stay ready and be patient. Not much else we can do besides that.

Also, I was able to change the color of my Model X with the price increase so this could potentially add to further delays for my X. I’m okay with this because it’s better for me to get the product I really want given how much we’re paying for these cars.

Attachments

• 2A24F44F-02A0-44F4-8623-DDBC24B87ED8.jpeg
    2A24F44F-02A0-44F4-8623-DDBC24B87ED8.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 40C47A94-9604-423D-BF9F-44D8C2D10E0D.jpeg
    40C47A94-9604-423D-BF9F-44D8C2D10E0D.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 71