Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a better SCE plan available? I'm far enough south in OC to be on SDG&E and EV-TOU-5 gives me three tiers with 12am-6am being $.102 so we only charge at night.

I'm on their TOU-D-PRIME plan and that's the best they have. It is their EV plan...

i don't want to get too off topic but i had TOU-D-PRIME, our solar installers recommended to switch to TOU-D-4-9PM. we have 35 panels and no batteries. we have 2 teslas. generally, we only charge one daily but there are days we charge both. i'd say on heavy use we would use around 80+ kWh in a day. otherwise, we are either on negative or under 15kWh daily. monthly, i noticed we are on negative usage except november to february when we have less sun and more cloudy days.

what i see with 4-9 plan is:
Daily Basic Charge: 3 cents per day
Minimum Daily Charge: 35 cents per day
Baseline Credit of 9 cents per kWh on monthly baseline allocation
Example monthly allocation is 200kWh gets you $18 credit on your bill

for PRIME
Daily Basic Charge: 40 cents
Minimum Daily Charge: None
Baseline Credit: None

the rates outside 4-9pm are lower for prime. in my use case, i believe the baseline credit is an advantage because for most of the year, my monthly usage is lower than my monthly allocation (i don't know if it's 200kWh) because it's usually negative. SCE billing is really confusing. all i know is when i was on prime, i would pay about $100 monthly. now switching to TOU4-9 and annual billing i'm at $286, 9 of 12 months. with more sun, i will probably get it close to $0 once my annual bill is due in september.

just wanted to share. we may have different usage but have a look at the other rate plan and if you have solar, i would look at the annual billing instead of monthly.

OK - now for another WTF?

I've been grousing about the USB sticks in the new XLR not appearing on the display. Believe me when I tell you I've tried just about everything. So this morning I decided to try something off the wall. I have some smaller USB sticks that I got from Office Max. 32 Giggers. Plugged one of those rascals into the glove box USB port and - hazanga, it shows up on the display!! Then I format the thing with the app in the car's system. It formats the stick and it promptly disappears from the display!!

Sounds like a software glitch to me. Might be a good thing to check when you're inspecting your new X. I'll figure out a way to make Tesla Support aware of the problem....

Reactions: timberlights
OK - now for another WTF?

I've been grousing about the USB sticks in the new XLR not appearing on the display. Believe me when I tell you I've tried just about everything. So this morning I decided to try something off the wall. I have some smaller USB sticks that I got from Office Max. 32 Giggers. Plugged one of those rascals into the glove box USB port and - hazanga, it shows up on the display!! Then I format the thing with the app in the car's system. It formats the stick and it promptly disappears from the display!!

Sounds like a software glitch to me. Might be a good thing to check when you're inspecting your new X. I'll figure out a way to make Tesla Support aware of the problem....
if you need this functioning before they can figure out how to fix it, try the other front ports. i read somewhere that the front ones carry data signal as well. our '21 MYLR is having weird issues as well with the usb port in the glove box. if our car sits around w/ sentry mode off (at our house) for hours, when we wake it up, the usb will not mount and recording will not work. i have to unplug and plug it back in after a minute then it mounts and works as expected. i recently did a soft reset on the software and now it seems to work. this doesn't happen when we're out. the only difference is sentry mode is on so i assume the usb remains active as it's recording.

I've waited 443 days to say this ... I'm a VINNER!
Ordered 3/21/21 blue/cream 7 seat 20" no FSD
Screenshot_20220607-134149.png

WOW, It only takes 3 months to wait. congradulation
Thank you. I know Plaid has something to do with it. Not sure about what else other than luck? I ordered from a Tesla Store at the local mall here in Tampa as opposed to via cellphone or PC. Not sure if that has anything to do with it either. But who knows? My VIN might get yanked like it has with other members here and I end up stepping back in line again.

Hi - for superchargers in the Seattle area - basically $0.40 per kWh. I've driven north to the border and down to the SF area and they're all about the same. For a 100 kWh battery (like my old XLR) you're talking about forty bucks per fill (100 X $0.40). If that gets you, say, 275 miles and you drive 1,000 miles per month you'd end up paying more than $100 per month at the supercharger. So, maybe $100 per month for unlimited charging is not a bad deal? That's a really ragged estimate, but you get the idea.
Awesome, thanks! Yeah seems like it’s a pretty good deal to just stick with the parking spot. Surprised our supercharging in WA isn’t somewhat cheaper considering our electricity rates compared to CA. The only road trips I do are to Chelan and Whistler, BC so the superchargers won’t be used much outside of those destinations

just got txt from 510 # about trrading in. Does this mean my delivery is NEAR???????
still no VIN yet.

god. I can't help the anxiety !!!
I dont know if the text means a VIN is imminent, but I can attest to the anxiety. Once you make the decision to drop this kind of money on a vehicle, my patience is zero. Looking every 30 minutes for VIN update. Its. Really. Tiring!!!!