Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All valid complaints, its essentially 100% useless for kids, no way of controlling it from the front, kids cant really reach it while buckled up. They cant watch shows without the audio either being off or played in the entire car. All I want is dual bluetooth headset support and separate audio from rear entertainment and in car, oh and ability to 100% control screen from front.

I hope they focus on this in software development asap
Thanks, unfortunately not everything can make the video. I edited out a section where I talked about the lack of access for people buckled in to the touchscreen. Complaining that the screens should be behind the driver and the passenger. And that based on the set up of the vehicle a five seater should have Bluetooth access for all three bench seats. And six and seven seaters should have appropriate Bluetooth access as well.

I greatly appreciate the feedback from this community in your support.

52DCC36B-084F-46F6-8E62-54FE7C0E0E84.png
134EDFBF-5C94-4626-8460-95BD320D97AA.png

Lower case, upper case, that’s kinda weird

I have ceramic coat already scheduled the day after my delivery for the whole exterior of the car. Does anyone have any information on ceramic for the interior seats? I'm thinking about it but not completely sold on it yet. I'm concerned about it possibly cracking or keeping the air cooled seats from working right. I have the white interior and I'm just looking for something that will give me a little protection on the two front seats. My 4 year old M3 LR has the white interior and still looks new with the exception of a little ink transfer from blue jeans - only on the driver side that gets used the most. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
Just get water wipes off amazon: WaterWipes Biodegradable Original Baby Wipes, 99.9% Water Based Wipes, Unscented & Hypoallergenic for Sensitive Skin, 180 Count (3 packs), Packaging May Vary https://a.co/6z8xyLy

Use them whenever you see any issues they supposedly work amazing according to other white interior owners.

I’m not ceramic coating the seats but my exterior is being done right now. It stinks going back to an ICE after driving the X for a week!

Last edited:
The sales guys was like “damn, too late now we’ve had it for awhile. I think they’re gonna lose a lot of money on this. Not my problem.”

I told him they might wanna remove “Plaid” from the window sticker, their online advertisements, and tell his boss they don’t have a plaid on their lot.

The iXM60 is interesting. Not a big fan of the monster front grills, but that is the way BMW has chosen to go. (I drove a 2014 550i and a 2018 M550i before my Y) Is the iX a real competitor to the X? Is it a 3-row? If your X and iX get delivered same day which would you prefer?
I didn't see that they had the MX advertised as a Plaid! Very confusing, probably based on ignorance rather than deceit.

As for the iX, I only drove the one they had, which isn't the M version, obviously. It was still very fast and smooth. Since I've not driven an electric more than a few miles, I really have no reference point. I did see a recent article, not sure by with magazine, that tested the iXM60 and their "conclusion" was that it wasn't worth the +$20K for .2-.3 seconds faster to 60 than the normal iX. Just one publications opinion.

Since my MXLR order is a 5 seater, the iX seating would be just fine. We don't really need more than 5 seats, otherwise, we'd have ordered a different configuration on our X. As for the grill, I'm in agreement with you, that I'm not a huge fan of the monster grill. It's kind of grown on me and would be considered an acceptable compromise. I had an X3M Competition that I sold based on just one of the many EDD's from Tesla, that was VERY fun to drive. In fact, it was faster than my 2014 911 4S. Didn't handle as well, but was extremely fast! The exhaust sounds were incredible when mashing the go pedal.

If both were delivered the same day, I'd lean toward the iX, primarily because of a couple of reasons. First, I've been able to drive the iX and have not been able to do a test drive in the MXLR. The other reason for leaning toward the iX is that BMW has been building cars a very long time and based on what I've seen in these forums over the last year, my expectation is that they will deliver a more "consistent" quality product as compared to Tesla, especially if taking delivery at the end of the quarter pushes. There are MANY examples of poor quality in the mad dash at the end of the quarter.

I also realize though, that BMW isn't perfect and they too could deliver a vehicle with problems. I'm not picking on Tesla at all, just parroting what I've seen in the forums since joining last year. The one big benefit to the MXLR is that it's already appreciated almost $25K since I ordered it. Not sure where you can go to get a 25% return on a depreciating asset! ;)

Reactions: Jbapckfan