Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jorge came through and changed my interior color with no change in base price to my 4/2021 order. Although today my EDD moved to the next quarter, I’m going to keep waiting and see what happens. Not in a hurry at this point, particularly at the price I have locked in.

What change did you make? From what Color to what Color w/re to interior color?

I emailed Jorge yesterday to see if I switched from Cream to Black interior would I get the vehicle faster... I did not ask but would the price go down since Cream is $2,000 more.

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
Question about placing order on hold. I went to my local Tesla Store and spoke with a SA about putting my order on hold. I am literally in the middle of purchasing a house so I can't take the MX right now. The SA was super nice about it and totally understood. Put my order on hold till August he said, I'm supposed to close on my house in July. He actually appologized for how awful Tesla customer support has been and said that they are really hoping it gets better. I woke up to an email this morning saying that if I don't take my order off hold by June 26 my order will auto cancel! Has anyone else who placed an order on hold recieved this email before and is there anyway around it?
I would find a buyer paying top price then order another MX.

Not from VIN but you can look at order spreadsheet and figure it out those VINs delivered during that time
The last six digits of a VIN hold the "build data" - the specific options on the car. While they are typically sequential, they can bounce around to different ranges depending on the vehicle options/configuration. For $10 you can buy the 2022 VIN manual from NICB and dig a little deeper - but only into the first 11 digits.

Last edited:
The only downside to doing this is that you will be under immense pressure to accept the car immediately without inspecting it. When they arrive, the Delivery rep will likely have already called an Uber to pick them up and take them back to their office. But they cannot technically leave until you click Accept in the App. So they can/will fuss and grump at you to accept delivery so they can leave. They will tell you that any issues you find can be fixed under warranty, yadda, yadda. They will tell you that you have 100 miles to report cosmetic things. So after they drop it off, inspect it closely, take pictures of anything that is amiss, and schedule a service appointment for those items immediately.

Quality has seemed to have gotten a lot better in the last few months so you'll probably be ok. But in general, you have more time to inspect at a Delivery Center because the staff aren't held up from working on other things while you crawl around your car. When we did our pickup in Kansas City, they just threw us a key fob and said come back in when you're ready to sign the paperwork. We crawled all over and inside the thing for 30 mins. Probably could have driven it but didn't think to do so. Ours was an end of Q1 car so I was nervous but it was in fantastic shape.
Thank you so much! They actually switched to a delivery center and for today! I am going to get in a few hours! Cant wait. Any suggestions on most important things to look for?

Reactions: SOBX MX and snappy1
After waiting since Jan 23, 2021 on our 7 seat LR we finally got one day away from taking delivery and they just called to inform me that the care has major "firmware problems" that they've never seen before and need to put my pickup appointment on hold indefinitely. ARGHH! So close! I really hope they can figure it out soon.

Reactions: timberlights
I did 70% rears and 20% front which will end up matching when paired with the factory dyed glass. The rear glass even though dark doesn’t provide any UV blocking so it needs to be tinted too.

Did 70% on windshield in one piece (hard to find shops that can do this - it can’t be cut in one piece on the plotters most shops have so must be done by hand).
What was your cost to tint the front windshield?

I changed the Model X tracking sheet to reflect the latest price increase and the amount of each increase.
Since I don't know who the originator/keeper of the sheet is I thought I'd ask forgiveness rather than permission 😁.
Unless there is objection I'll probably add a similar table for Plaid pricing.

View attachment 817366
There is a very VALID viewpoint to be had:

Those who have waited for their delivery are getting the best deal EVER on a Tesla. Oh, might I mention, the BEST Tesla ever.