Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Wednesday evening (6/29), I received a text message stating my vehicle was on its way to the service center and should be available for delivery the following day at 4pm. VIN 7SAXCAE51NF349XXX. My OOD was June 2021 but the most recent delivery date I received prior to the text was September through November 2022 after receiving the scary January 2023 estimate too. The text message came from a 510 number at 6pm, then I checked the app a few minutes later to find a pick up time of 4pm the following day 🤣

Unfortunately, I had a business trip and was scheduled to catch a flight 3 hours before my pick up appointment the next day. So I decided to show up to the service center the first thing in the morning on my way to the airport. If the car was there, the intention was to conduct a manual inspection and either drive it to the airport if everything was okay, or request fixes to be completed while I was away. When I showed up the car wasn't there. Thank goodness I didn't postpone my trip to take delivery.

As said many times in this forum, don't focus too much on delivery estimates. My car was built last week so I don't think it was a reject. It's been a long wait but I feel grateful because know others have waited much longer. Now the estimated delivery date has been changed to July 6th. Hopefully I get the car this time and there are no issues. If not, I'll just have to be patient like so many others in this forum.

Black/Black, 7Seater Model X, Long range, 22 inch wheels, FSD

maybe its your white interior? I don't see this issue on my black interior.

I went to Fremont Tesla and checked out a few model X with both black and white interiors. They all have similar issues. It looks like this.

If you can take a look at your windshield under the sun and let me know, that would be great. If this is an issue only for a few people, I will report it to Tesla as a quality issue.

Hope to see your reply soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6997.PNG
    IMG_6997.PNG
    864 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_7015.PNG
    IMG_7015.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 11.33.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 11.33.17 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
Could someone please walk me through how to change order configuration without effecting old pricing? I’ve heard many doing this on their own without calling in.
I tried the recommendation of changing my financing away from cash on the app but I don’t have the ability to do that it’s locked so I just emailed them today actually after waiting about 350 days and changed my interior from black to white so I’m curious how bad that hurts my EDD.

On Wednesday evening (6/29), I received a text message stating my vehicle was on its way to the service center and should be available for delivery the following day at 4pm. VIN 7SAXCAE51NF349XXX. My OOD was June 2021 but the most recent delivery date I received prior to the text was September through November 2022 after receiving the scary January 2023 estimate too. The text message came from a 510 number at 6pm, then I checked the app a few minutes later to find a pick up time of 4pm the following day 🤣

Unfortunately, I had a business trip and was scheduled to catch a flight 3 hours before my pick up appointment the next day. So I decided to show up to the service center the first thing in the morning on my way to the airport. If the car was there, the intention was to conduct a manual inspection and either drive it to the airport if everything was okay, or request fixes to be completed while I was away. When I showed up the car wasn't there. Thank goodness I didn't postpone my trip to take delivery.

As said many times in this forum, don't focus too much on delivery estimates. My car was built last week so I don't think it was a reject. It's been a long wait but I feel grateful because know others have waited much longer. Now the estimated delivery date has been changed to July 6th. Hopefully I get the car this time and there are no issues. If not, I'll just have to be patient like so many others in this forum.

Black/Black, 7Seater Model X, Long range, 22 inch wheels, FSD

I have owned multiple Tesla's and the delivery experience goes downhill each time. I received a text to tell me that my model x was ready for pick up on the same day and need make the final payment or my Vin will be assigned to someone else. After I made the payment, they told me my car has not been build.

I have owned multiple Tesla's and the delivery experience goes downhill each time. I received a text to tell me that my model x was ready for pick up on the same day and need make the final payment or my Vin will be assigned to someone else. After I made the payment, they told me my car has not been build.
That's wrong on so many levels. Really sorry this is happening to folks. I heard that in some U.S. states, you're forced to make payment before inspecting the car or they will assign a vin to someone else. I believe this was in Texas.

I went to Fremont Tesla and checked out a few model X with both black and white interiors. They all have similar issues. It looks like this.

If you can take a look at your windshield under the sun and let me know, that would be great. If this is an issue only for a few people, I will report it to Tesla as a quality issue.

You can take my advice a grain of sand but just focus to things on the road instead of the windshield.

Thats the same as on my 2018 X as well, not something you notice while driving really, sometimes when the sun is just right you can make it out, the pictures arent taken from the drivers perspective

Reactions: Beemer_guy
Thats the same as on my 2018 X as well, not something you notice while driving really, sometimes when the sun is just right you can make it out, the pictures arent taken from the drivers perspective
Thanks for letting me know. Looks like all the model x have the same issue, just the matter if the driver notice it or not. It may not be an issue for some people

Reactions: TJPDX
Did you get your GPS drift fixed? I have a service appointment in about 10 days for that and FWD.
Hmm I don’t really obsess enough about the minor flaws with my X, I guess.
The only two things that really bug me are the slight Falcon Wing misalignment and the shoulder strap guide that keeps on popping out. And that is minor stuff.

I haven’t been watching to see if the GPS location drifts off the road. I’m planning a road trip soon so I’ll try to remember to keep an eye on it.

The only two things that really bug me are the slight Falcon Wing misalignment and the shoulder strap guide that keeps on popping out. And that is minor stuff.

I haven’t been watching to see if the GPS location drifts off the road. I’m planning a road trip soon so I’ll try to remember to keep an eye on it.
I actually experienced gps drift and gps not moving while my car is moving

• Informative
Reactions: jbrowdy

Shoulder strap thing may be worth a service appointment (mobile if in your area) since you pushed it back in but continues to come out. Plus it’s sort of part of the seatbelt.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
You will need to check with Tesla on cosmetic corrections because there may be a very low mileage restriction (100 miles?) but they WILL make mechanical repairs under the factory warranty. I asked my contact @ Tesla when I first considered buying from Ford and he immediately txted back that Tesla would NOT cover any problems. The next morning he apologized for the misinformation and said “Tesla warranties are factory warranties and are good no matter where you purchase the vehicle.” I took mine in two weeks ago and the service center did not give me any hassles because my purchase source was not direct from Tesla.
Would misaligned falcon wing doors fall under the new vehicle warranty or would that be a delivery cosmetic issue that would not be covered by buying a used "new" Tesla?

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve given up hope on Carvana, but will definitely check with Carmax. carvana only quoted me $35k when Tesla gave me $45.9… Vroom quoted $40k… I’m guess my local Cavana bought too many cars that they can’t sell…

My friend sold them a 3-year old BMW M3 for 5k below how much he got it for last year, and it wasn’t sold 5 months after…
Givemethevin.Com treated me well on a MY a month ago

Could someone please walk me through how to change order configuration without effecting old pricing? I’ve heard many doing this on their own without calling in.
I have changed my configuration several times without any problems. Initially ordered a MXLR (before the last price increase) and when EDD was fully in 2023 decided to switch to MXP because I need the vehicle in 2022. What I did was switch from cash to Tesla financing as my payment choice, then back out to main screen and touch “manage”. This directs you to the website and on the drop down on the right you can get to an area that says “edit design”. From there you can make any changes and save it. You’ll get an email confirmation and the vehicle appearance (assuming you did something that changes the appearance) will show up immediately. I am still able to see the lower price for the MXLR even after making many color changes so I think you should be good. Until swapping the payment from cash to financing I was unable to see the edit design option. To be clear I am not running my credit or proceeding with Tesla financing, only saying that will be my option. Then after making changes and submitting you can switch it back to cash.

We had a 2018 Expedition .... it's probably on par with the Yukon size wise. With the third row up, the storage in the back was useless. I could not fit our stroller(s) in the back. I suspect the Yukon is similar. Only solution was a minivan or Expedition Max or Suburban length vehicle. We ended up in a minivan (Pacifica Hybrid). With the X, it looks like you can actually fit strollers behind the 3rd row. Now the passenger cabin space is no comparison to the minivan or an Expedition/Yukon. The current plan is to trade/sell the Y when the X comes and we will keep the minivan. I thought about an R1S reservation as well.. but who knows when that might show up if I do it now.

I hope that Ford will make an Expedition lighting. I would be all over that. And even if the space behind the 3rd row has similar limitation as an ICE version, the frunk will take care of my needs. I imagine a full size EV SUV would sell pretty well.
We have the Expedition MAX and that space and the seat flat utility is hard beat. We will be keeping this one in the fleet. We did have a shorter Escalade a few years back and the space behind the rear seat was laughable.

Reactions: shingles
We have the Expedition MAX and that space and the seat flat utility is hard beat. We will be keeping this one in the fleet. We did have a shorter Escalade a few years back and the space behind the rear seat was laughable.
I'd be all in on a large EV SUV. The MX isn't large enough for our needs when the grandparents come along for the ride, so we'll have to keep the minivan around. The Expedition Max is pretty cool. I did think about buying one instead of the minivan, but overall glad we got the minivan.