Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4C0F8625-B4BD-40FB-9A8B-204D2348A99C.jpeg

So much perfection in this picture! My only mistake was not setting the temp to 69 for the pic lol 😝

Edit: hang in there. It is so far BEYOND worth the wait, that words fail me. 🥰😍

Last edited:
Man, it’s getting hard to stay patient. Going on 13 months now. I’m seeing a lot of people with later order dates getting VINs, or at least earlier EDD windows. Mine is still Sep-Nov.

Went into the SC and asked for an update. Lady did some digging around in the computer and says my car isn’t even slated to be built until September (not sure if she even had that info on her screen or she was just giving me bs based on the EDD).

I also asked if they could go out and search for one like I’ve heard some people have success with. They said that was in the past and they don’t do that any more per Tesla policy and that it’s all automated.

They also said they’d escalate my order and mark me as “ready for delivery” in the notes, but it’s always some made up bs or another. I don’t blame the SC. They have no real control. It’s just been a very frustrating process, especially seeing someone local at the same SC as me, with the same order month, taking their delivery at quarter end.

The lease on our family car ended last year so we’ve been sharing a couple smaller cars. And now with family coming in from out of state in a couple weeks, it’s going to suck even more taking 2 cars everywhere or renting an SUV.

I’m only 2 hours from the factory and I even offered to go pick it up, but of course they said that won’t make a difference either.

6/10/21 order
LR/6/20/FSD/Red/Black

Anyway, felt like venting. Guess I can’t do anything about it.

Man, it’s getting hard to stay patient. Going on 13 months now. I’m seeing a lot of people with later order dates getting VINs, or at least earlier EDD windows. Mine is still Sep-Nov.

Went into the SC and asked for an update. Lady did some digging around in the computer and says my car isn’t even slated to be built until September (not sure if she even had that info on her screen or she was just giving me bs based on the EDD).

I also asked if they could go out and search for one like I’ve heard some people have success with. They said that was in the past and they don’t do that any more per Tesla policy and that it’s all automated.

They also said they’d escalate my order and mark me as “ready for delivery” in the notes, but it’s always some made up bs or another. I don’t blame the SC. They have no real control. It’s just been a very frustrating process, especially seeing someone local at the same SC as me, with the same order month, taking their delivery at quarter end.

The lease on our family car ended last year so we’ve been sharing a couple smaller cars. And now with family coming in from out of state in a couple weeks, it’s going to suck even more taking 2 cars everywhere or renting an SUV.

I’m only 2 hours from the factory and I even offered to go pick it up, but of course they said that won’t make a difference either.

6/10/21 order
LR/6/20/FSD/Red/Black

Seems like you're perfect candidate to change to Plaid and get it faster.

Reactions: mylu and zk19

6/10/21 order
LR/6/20/FSD/Red/Black

Hang in there. I took delivery last week after waiting just under 15 months. You’re not far behind.

Reactions: zk19
So happy for you! Is your AirPods case wirelessly charging?!
No
Interesting idea though. I’ll try holding them up in the middle of the zone.
We actually put them there to prop up her iPhone 13 mini because it is so tiny that does not always successfully wirelessly charge on that wireless charger and charges more reliably if you put it up toward the middle.

Luxury, size, comfort, and styling. Same reason the R1S with 400mi max pack should sell like crazy. The iX looks a bit goofy to me. It “looks like a EV” which usually is not a good thing. Teslas do not (imo). Give America a car that looks just like a current Yukon, X7, Escalade, or Range Rover but has a 400mi+ range and people will be ready to convert to EV.
This. 💯.

Then again, I have ALWAYS suspected that larger vehicles would be made if Tesla had battery costs low enough and battery production volume high enough.

Basically Tesla is cell constrained, as anyone who follows Tesla even remotely should know.

I can’t wait for a Tescalade™️. 😄

Reactions: MGreene and neo1738
Thanks for the check up. It's been a whirlwind since picking up this (still don't know what is the best word to describe this other than a super rocket computer) on June 29th. My original EDD was the 28th at 5:00pm at the Fremont factory. The car was pretty much very clean on the outside. There was a sea of Tesla's with a school of employees cleaning and wiping Teslas all around me. I brought my BIL with me as he is the attention to detail one and he also picked up a Model YP a few months ago and experienced all the headaches of bringing in the car to get issues addressed like uneven panels and bad paint job. His advice to me is paint is the hardest to correct as it involves a lot of moving parts and your car most likely will come back with new issues.

Day 1: Looked for the number spot where the car would be amongst what like like a million of other Teslas. I noticed that 2 spaces down was a another white LR. I started inspecting my car while waiting for my BIL to arrive. Lets just say parking was chaotic where it took me at least 10 minutes to know where I could park without risking getting a ticket. I saw my BIL after giving him directions on the phone and had to go and guide him a little as well. We both walked back to what I thought was my car. I saw some new issues that I didnt' see earlier and I started getting discouraged if I would be accepting this car. Just to make sure I double checked the space number. It wasn't my car. HAHA. So went back to the correct car and issues we found on the other car thankfully did not exist on mine. Now comes the bad experience. They refused to let me inspect the inside without accepting first claiming "company policy". I even insisted on speaking in a manager, which they firmly stated the manager will say the same thing that it is company policy and no exceptions and the car went through several thorough inspections before releasing the vehicle. I rebutted that I have already found some issues with the trimmings and some weird unwipable substance on the rear/plastic fender. So they said they will call a tech to come out and accompany me with the exterior inspection and address the issues I have already found, which also including a missing cover for the weld-nut. But overall, I must admit the car had no alignment issues with the panels. Maybe some wider than I like gaps but they said they were within specs and gave the whole speak about using a ruler to measure...blah blah. So "tech" came out. I swear she looked like she barely graduated HS. She made note of the uneven trimmings and with the fender she tried to make an excuse that it was the dried sticky part of the tape that was removed from protecting the car before delivery (mind you the car did not do any traveling since I picked it up from it's birthplace). She tried wiping it off with a cloth and some solution and claimed that it was coming off. It DID NOT come off. I knew all of them has access to all the cars so I tried to reason with her about letting me inside to inspect the vehicle, but she wouldn't budge. After showing her all the initial issues, she said she will take it to the back to get them addressed. WHICH MEANS she will be unlocking the door. I took that chance to ask her if I can look in side real quick. It was IMMACULATE inside. Super clean with the welcome new car scent. In less than 2 minutes she announced that she needs to bring to the back to have us wait near the showroom. We waited for another 15 minutes or in the hot sun and I finally went in the showroom to inquire about the status. They didn't seem like they knew what was going on at first. After talking on the phone they said it will take at least an hour, it was already 6:30pm and they closed at 8pm and I did not plan on staying longer than closing and this is BEFORE even looking inside. I said that I will just reschedule for the next day. They tried to take the change to offer me home delivery and I said I am not prepared for home delivery. So I left with no car....

Arrived home (I live about 20 minutes away from the factory), and right when I parked, they called me and said the car was ready and asked if I am still in the area to come back and pick up the car. I said I was already home and they insisted again on home delivery. I had to strongly decline and that I will see them tomorrow at the same time.

Day 2: Pretty much same experience, cannot look in car, tech comes out to go over what was addressed and what still needs to be addressed. This is where my BIL needs full acknowledgement and credit. He pointed at an issue that need the door to be open to fully analyze what seems to be a weather strip out of place. We gave each other funny eye signs to communicate that we believe he is punching in this laptop to have the doors open. Lo and behold the tech unlocked the car. I wasted no time and opened all doors to test them out and my BIL took the job to distract the tech by asking detailed questions and showing other issues. HAHAH. Interior wise, nothing was out of place. Maybe some wrinkles near the belt buckle but I honestly don't mind. Majority of the issues were the exterior trimmings. The tech again said they would need to bring this in the back and it may not be able to be addressed by that day so I said I am ok with coming back the next day, so he said to reschedule with the SA at the showroom. Went back the showroom and relayed all the info with the SA. She did not look happy. It was confirmed later that she was not thrilled that the tech same we could come back the next day while they fix the issues. She had us wait at some tables making sure we were not near her while she lectures the tech. We saw her on the phone for a few minutes. Then we walked back to us asking us to show her the issues that we showed the tech. She kept telling us it's within specs and lots of this can be fixed through mobile service, guaranteed and we should take comfort in ACCEPTING the car. She also explained that the tech was a volunteer and should not have said that we could leave and come back the next day. She even brought up that cost of the car that we got a great deal because it's now at least $25K more. I responded with I waited 14 months! She didn't say anything and she strong emphasized that I have only two options. Either accept the car and schedule service to address that issues or reject this VIN and who know how the next one will be and how long it will take to get the next VIN. Even though I saw some issues, they were not serious enough for me to reject the car, so I FINALLY accepted.

The drive home on the freeway was fine with the yoke, only reached for the the missing turn signal stalks once. BIL helped set up profile before we left. The car is soooooo fast. All in all, I am ok with the yoke when driving it, but when using strong maneuvers to park the car in the garage, it definitely missed the wheel. Sorry for this looooooooooonnnng experience sharing. Should have just said, Tesla service was crap, but car is a dream come true!!
Don’t apologize for your long story!!!

I appreciate you sharing. I am sorry you had a less than stellar experience with the Tesla service. A little honey goes a long way, and they would do well to realize that.

uhm is it your cameras refresh rate or is your drive side brake light out?
i believe it's the camera, lights are working fine :)

Other news...updated to 2022.16.3 and now the car has problems, lol

GPS STUCK
NO AUTOPILOT

tried resetting multiple times, power-off, and the 'change wheel' reset...still no luck. Will try to contact Tesla but in the meantime, booked a service appointment. Hoping it fixes itself by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

sigh.

Feb 6th 2021 order. Long range 6 seat. MSM/white interior. No love.

says Oct 2-Nov 27 🤦‍♂️
I would say (not sure it's true or not) Tesla is delaying the order with lower price and put first priority for those who order with new price. Therefore you will see someone who just ordered couple months ago then they have VIN but still let us wait here month by month. Well no choices i wish other EV can catch up but seems like no hope ....sad

Currently at 16 months and counting! “Supposedly” slated for a VIN later this month, however until it actually happens I’m not holding my breath! Already tried that and turned very blue…
16 months.....I really don't understand why Tesla make this happened. This proves again that they delay the original order with lower price and give the priority to new buyer with higher reserving price.